NFL Transactions

C Mart

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

And now they are releasing martavous Bryant.  Didn't they trade for him early in the off-season?

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

9/1/18, 4:35 PM

From ⁦‪@MikeGarafolo‬⁩ and me: #Raiders WR Martavis Bryant is facing another suspension, pending appeal. Explains his release. He was recently informed.

6 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

9/1/18, 4:32 PM

Spoiler alert: Browns' cuts today included TE Devon Cajuste and DL Nate Orchard.

Orchard to Jets???

Orchard definitely worth a shot. He has some talent. Plus, his wife makes great cookies.

3 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Orchard definitely worth a shot. He has some talent. Plus, his wife makes great cookies.

Just looked at his stats. Not as productive as I thought. Predraft rep said boom-bust type. Not overly physical. Meh.  

SOURCES TELL US

"When I'm on the road, I hear other scouts tell me they think he's tough enough but his tape doesn't show it. He's a finesse player with some a high ceiling as a pass rusher, but he could easily bust out." -- NFC director of college scouting 

NFL COMPARISON

Trent Cole

BOTTOM LINE

Teams will either be wary of Orchard's single season of sack dominance or they will view it as an indicator of growth and potential stardom. Orchard will be below average against the run, but his draft grade and paycheck will be tied to his athleticism and pass-rush talent. If he can develop counter moves, he has big potential. If not, he might be nothing more than a middling, situational pass rusher.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Just looked at his stats. Not as productive as I thought. Predraft rep said boom-bust type. Not overly physical. Meh.  

Hasn't put it all together. Gets a really good take-off on the rush, but has struggled to seal the deal on sacks.

Worth a cheap flyer, I think.

Archived