#bringbackFiremanEd

JOJOTOWNSELL

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, JetPotato said:

That isn't his brother

well your both right.

Anzalone wears Bruce Harper's jersey to games,[13][14] however he switched to Mark Sanchez's jersey for the 2012 NFL season in support of the quarterback, and has been leading the J-E-T-S chant from Section 134 of the Meadowlands since 1986. He used to be hoisted up on the shoulders of his brother Frank, then later onto those of Bruce Gregor after Frank developed knee problems.[15] In 1999, Fireman Ed was included in an exhibit at the Pro Football Hall of Fame as part of the Hall of Fans.[16]

30 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This and all the imposters will never has as much as impact as the real deal. 

I've been part of those chants many times. I get it, but we have start brainwashing the young fans, and who knows how long Ed will be around. The kids need consistency and Cyber Darnold is timeless. Particularly after his physical embodiment is inducted into Canton as the best most winning-est QB of all time. What the kids don't know won't hurt them, like animal fat fried McDonalds fries being amazing.

10 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

You don’t have to like or respect the guy. The team/fan base benefits from organizing those chants. It’s like the 1 thing that we have that other team’s don’t because as I stated in a post a while ago, other team chants are HORRIBLE. Our chant is actually fun. NFL analysts reference it and its catchy.

Again, don’t support firman Ed the person if you have an issue, support the energy/atmosphere that the chant helps create. We need to show Sam that we can be the best fans in all of football so he “buys in” to being our guy for a long time. 

Creepy Lurker is wise.....

8654612.jpg

I couldn't believe it, I loved it. 

Fireman Ed came to our rescue. And created history. During a Primetime, Monday Night Footnall slaughtering where on this night our kid QB became the NFL's youngest season opening starting Quarterback of All-Time. Historic moment. 

And with the lead of Mr Anzalone we straight up invaded Detroit's stadium on National Television and absolutely humiliated Lions faithful. The look on their faces was the look of utter shock and despair. I've never seen anything like it. 

That was the icing on the cake for me. On a night where it couldn't get any better, it just did. 

Sam Darnold ends up winning us a Super Bowl Title and that moment above will be captured for a very, long time - and if I were Detroit's security I would've have never allowed it to happen, quite like that. It's a Jets moment in history in which we'll remember forever. Our chapter and journey turned it's page on this night.

I've always liked Fireman Ed, but honestly....how long we are supposed to expect him to lead the chant for us? Till he's 80?

I know the whole "new blood" thing hasn't worked since he left but we're eventually gonna need someone younger who can bring just as much fire as Ed does to the chant...

It's 100 times better with him leading it....also the Jets org needs to do a better job of making the chant come to life...

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I've been part of those chants many times. I get it, but we have start brainwashing the young fans, and who knows how long Ed will be around. The kids need consistency and Cyber Darnold is timeless. Particularly after his physical embodiment is inducted into Canton as the best most winning-est QB of all time. What the kids don't know won't hurt them, like animal fat fried McDonalds fries being amazing.

Then maybe the NY Jets need an app to send the J-E-T-S chant to the young fans phones.......

He hands out free cash at the games when the Jets win. 

That’s sorta true.
I actually caught some scrunched up dollar bills that a drunk naked fat guy threw in the air before getting kicked out during the Cleveland game that we won in the late 80’s to get in the playoffs. We lost to the pats in the wildcard game that year but I’ll never forget the $2 that drunken bafoon threw to me as a 11 year old kid.
Upper level end zone was a crazy place back then. lol.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

well your both right.

Anzalone wears Bruce Harper's jersey to games,[13][14] however he switched to Mark Sanchez's jersey for the 2012 NFL season in support of the quarterback, and has been leading the J-E-T-S chant from Section 134 of the Meadowlands since 1986. He used to be hoisted up on the shoulders of his brother Frank, then later onto those of Bruce Gregor after Frank developed knee problems.[15] In 1999, Fireman Ed was included in an exhibit at the Pro Football Hall of Fame as part of the Hall of Fans.[16]
That's right. Unbeknownst to at the time his brother was tailgaiting in our group for season years ago. He had already stopped doing the chant with ED..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, jgb said:

Look I loved the fireman back in the day but to play hokie pokie and dance in and out with the fortunes of the team is a dirty dog move. Stay “retired.”

Eh, people aren’t perfect. He’s a guy that leads a chant, a chant that is a tradition, and he gets better participation than anyone else that tries. It’s good for home field advantage.

I think it’s absurd to hold him to such a high standard that he can never get frustrated and step away. He leads a chant. At football games. For a perennial loser.

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I was a season ticket holder for a very long time some very dismal years Walton,Coslet,Carroll,Kotite,Parcells,Groh,Edwards,Mangini,Ryan.

Fireman Ed was always there even though we never won a damn thing. 

He always got the crowd pumped up. 

Exactly. We haven’t won sh*t since Namath. To call him fairweather is stupid.

22 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Agreed. Like I said, he was great for a long time. It just felt different at the end. I’m not sure if it was his fault or not, but it definitely didn’t end well.

Nothing the Jets involved themselves in at that time went well. Why would this be any different.

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

He took a lot of abuse from fans Jets and opponents, everyone needs to blame someone for losing and he was the target for many. 

So what he got a few perks who the hell cares. 

The J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS is not and wont be the same until Fireman Ed returns. 

Yup.

22 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I think I remember fans really giving him a hard time during the Sanchez era and he got tired of dealing with it and being the fan face of the Rex bluster aftermath.

Either way, he sure does know how to get that chant going. Seems easy, but the next guys didn’t seem to do it as well.
I’d say if he can be bright back then do it. It’s all about the chant. That sh*t was powerful back in the day. I could care less that he took some time off.

Yup.

10 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

I feel like there is a lot of hate for ed from season ticket owners who think THEY should be leading the chant and doing Eds job.

Not one single other schlub would have gotten the lions home crowd to be drown out by the Jets chant.

It was nice to be a Jets fan I. That moment. I’m glad he made it happen. People need to give less ****s about the drama and judginess. It’s football. Stop being so sensitive.

Chant is the closest thing we have to a tradition, and our only home field fam edge. If he improves it, who cares? Let him. All the gripes I’ve ever seen about him are trivial and petty.

Agreed. It’s pretty insignificant in the grand scheme. No one can deny Ed’s fandom. I was even at a game when he took off the Harper jersey to reveal a nagel Jersey. (He won’t pull that sh*t again for sure). He’s in the same hell we all are. He shouldn’t have to deal with BS from fans for being one of them. I know I sure as hell wouldn’t.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Eh, people aren’t perfect. He’s a guy that leads a chant, a chant that is a tradition, and he gets better participation than anyone else that tries. It’s good for home field advantage.

I think it’s absurd to hold him to such a high standard that he can never get frustrated and step away. He leads a chant. At football games. For a perennial loser.

Great post. Not sure how someone can sit at their computers and consider Fireman Ed as being a fair weather, front runner and bandwagon fan when his favorite team hasn't won a Championship and has been a perennial bottom feeder dating back to since Joe Namath. I never knew our Jets were the Yankees. Weird. 

He's attended more live Jet games than 99.9% of these Jet fans who call him out.

Also turned down a free trip to Cincinnati for our Playoff game against the Bengals in 2009 and turned WR Chad Johnson's offer down; due to feeling it wasn't right to accept any perks from an opposing rival but yet 100% of these hypocritical hypocrites would've accepted a free postseason 1st class trip to Cincinnati without hesitation. 

And as we've mentioned he's the leader of tradition. And a tradition that dates back to Shea Stadium and Queens (our home). It's disheartening to know we're not in Queens. 

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

8654612.jpg

I couldn't believe it, I loved it. 

Fireman Ed came to our rescue. And created history. During a Primetime, Monday Night Footnall slaughtering where on this night our kid QB became the NFL's youngest season opening starting Quarterback of All-Time. Historic moment. 

And with the lead of Mr Anzalone we straight up invaded Detroit's stadium on National Television and absolutely humiliated Lions faithful. The look on their faces was the look of utter shock and despair. I've never seen anything like it. 

That was the icing on the cake for me. On a night where it couldn't get any better, it just did. 

Sam Darnold ends up winning us a Super Bowl Title and that moment above will be captured for a very, long time - and if I were Detroit's security I would've have never allowed it to happen, quite like that. It's a Jets moment in history in which we'll remember forever. Our chapter and journey turned it's page on this night.

So in that picture you posted the top one...the guy next to him is his friend. Really nice guy, we met him before the game. But the real point of the post is the little girl in blue in the picture. She was wearing a Lions jersey and holding a go Jets sign. At the very end of the game she took off her jersey and was smashing it against the railing. Leonard Williams saw it and was cracking up. He couldn't stop laughing. This is at the very end of the game with seconds left. Williams was getting his teammates to turn around and watch, it was really funny.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So in that picture you posted the top one...the guy next to him is his friend. Really nice guy, we met him before the game. But the real point of the post is the little girl in blue in the picture. She was wearing a Lions jersey and holding a go Jets sign. At the very end of the game she took off her jersey and was smashing it against the railing. Leonard Williams saw it and was cracking up. He couldn't stop laughing. This is at the very end of the game with seconds left. Williams was getting his teammates to turn around and watch, it was really funny.

This is exactly what I was referring to when I said we need to show Sam and other Jets that this is a true brotherhood of die hard fans that are still tight through all the crap over the year’s.

We have an organic energy here and not just some front runnin joke fanbase. We need stuff like this to win over our players and to band together as fans.

This is a new chapter in Jets fandom and with the right leader(Darnold), we the fans will win over our players as well as others. Fireman Ed’s effort is more than welcome and can only do good. 

18 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

larger.jpg

Me being born in 1985 I can never get enough of Fireman Ed. I was born into it. I've got love for Fireman Ed. Always have and always will.

And I'd love for his return to happen this Sunday during Sam Darnold's home debut too. 

For crying out loud he once put his hands on an N.Y Giants fan during a preseason game and for shoving him he was charged with assault, the charges were later dropped but how can you hate on that? He did something most don't have the balls to do. 

He's also a real New York City Firefighter (hero to many) and although he's not the original creator of our J-e-t-s JETS, JETS, JETS chant but nonetheless none of us can deny that he's made it infamous, notorious and truly legendary. 

Fireman Ed over the years (imo) has represented the heart of our fan base to a "T''. He's passionate on Sunday's and has been as loyal as a dog could possibly be. It's no secret that throughout his many of year's he's at times became frustrated with and has shown built up frustration towards our Franchise, Coaching Staff, Front Office, Owner and Fan Base alike but at the end of the day he's a die hard Jets fan, one who bleeds Green and White, one who really wants to see us win and most importantly one who really does love our team. 

Sounds just like the rest of us if you were to ask me... 

All he's done is carried over a once known Shea Stadium and Queens tradition and has ever since made our home games so much more fun for Jets faithful in attendance (as well as those from home watching on TV).

H.O.F fan for a reason. 

Thank you for posting this video. Every Jets fan should watch that. Ed sums it up well, he gives others credit.

I read so many stories about Ed from people who never met him. People assuming things about him. Ed should be graded on one thing, how loud the stadium is when he does the chant. And that grade is an A+ because the stadium is rocking when he does his thing. But for all the other nonsense I see written I just get surprised. Here is a guy that stops to talk to every fan that calls him. He takes pictures with everyone. 

Hearing him do the chant in Detroit made me wish he would do it again at Metlife. I have a ton of respect for the new guys JetMan and Scott. We have interviewed them both and spent time at their tailgates. So this is no disrespect to them at all. They do a great job, they are diehard fans and both want the same thing, for the stadium to be rocking.

Really can't think of a better way to break in the Darnold era and keep these Dolphin fans quiet. J E T S -- Fireman Ed -- you got one more round in you.  :)

28 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thank you for posting this video. Every Jets fan should watch that. Ed sums it up well, he gives others credit.

I read so many stories about Ed from people who never met him. People assuming things about him. Ed should be graded on one thing, how loud the stadium is when he does the chant. And that grade is an A+ because the stadium is rocking when he does his thing. But for all the other nonsense I see written I just get surprised. Here is a guy that stops to talk to every fan that calls him. He takes pictures with everyone. 

Hearing him do the chant in Detroit made me wish he would do it again at Metlife. I have a ton of respect for the new guys JetMan and Scott. We have interviewed them both and spent time at their tailgates. So this is no disrespect to them at all. They do a great job, they are diehard fans and both want the same thing, for the stadium to be rocking.

Really can't think of a better way to break in the Darnold era and keep these Dolphin fans quiet. J E T S -- Fireman Ed -- you got one more round in you.  :)

Sounds like you had an awesome and memorable trip to Motown. 

I've personally never understood how a lifelong Jet fan could ever dislike a guy like Fireman Ed although I have two ideas:

1.) They're either jealous and envious that they aren't the one's leading our legendary Jets chant and wish it were themselves with the glory and Fame. 

and/or....

2.) Had a bad childhood and weren't loved or hugged as children and developed narcissist personality and simply can not help or control themselves with no empathy for others. 

Those are the only two possibilities that are possible in order for a grown man of a Jets fan to ever have an ounce of dislike for a passionate Fireman Ed. 

All he's ever done is bring back to life a historic Queens and Shea Stadium tradition. Has also always paid homage to and gave credit to the Jet fans who've came before him.

And as you've mentioned he's personally told you how he reads these forums, and if still reading, at least he'll notice that 99% of this fan base absolutely loves the guy. 

31 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Sounds like you had an awesome and memorable trip to Motown. 

I've personally never understood how a lifelong Jet fan could ever dislike a guy like Fireman Ed although I have two ideas:

1.) They're either jealous and envious that they aren't the one's leading our legendary Jets chant and wish it were themselves with the glory and Fame. 

and/or....

2.) Had a bad childhood and weren't loved or hugged as children and developed narcissist personality and simply can not help or control themselves with no empathy for others. 

Those are the only two possibilities that are possible in order for a grown man of a Jets fan to ever have an ounce of dislike for a passionate Fireman Ed. 

All he's ever done is bring back to life a historic Queens and Shea Stadium tradition. Has also always paid homage to and gave credit to the Jet fans who've came before him.

And as you've mentioned he's personally told you how he reads these forums, and if still reading, at least he'll notice that 99% of this fan base absolutely loves the guy. 

Ok, you’ve replied to about 5 posts in this thread. All except the one calling you a trolling Dolphin fan. Do you wear their jersey or not? ?

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I respect your view but I’m sorry just too sour a taste when his exit and entrance happen to perfectly correspond to the lows and highs of the team. I don’t begrudge him his fandom, we have all be through Hell as jets fans and how one chooses to support the team is their business. But to be “the face” of all of us? Naw, he DQ’d himself from that. I’d do a Kaepernick and take a knee at any chant he leads.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes I met him once and he was a really nice guy. He took a photo with my brother and I. 

Keep it up Ed!

3 hours ago, jgb said:

I respect your view but I’m sorry just too sour a taste when his exit and entrance happen to perfectly correspond to the lows and highs of the team. I don’t begrudge him his fandom, we have all be through Hell as jets fans and how one chooses to support the team is their business. But to be “the face” of all of us? Naw, he DQ’d himself from that. I’d do a Kaepernick and take a knee at any chant he leads.

You are overthinking this. Who the public perceives as the face doesn't matter at all. You can ask 100,000 different Jets fans who is the biggest Jets fan they know, you will get 100,000 different answers. Ed never asked to be the face of Jets fans. It is really simple, is the stadium louder when Ed is doing the chant? Yes. But a pretty wide margin. I don't know why, and like I said I like the other guys Scott and Rob a lot. But a home field advantage is improved with a stadium that is louder. That is why Ed gets my vote.

3 hours ago, jgb said:

I think you read far too much into it. You think all the bizos that also try to whip up a chant are good citizens and model fans. No way. If Sam ends up being real deal, our stadium will be overflowing with fairweather fans. I still encourage them to do the chant as loud and often as possible. It’s disruptive to visiting team. That’s the point. 

I don’t care about the identity politics of it. It’s a fan chant. It’s cheering. Make noise is all I care about. I don’t have time or energy to give 2 sh*ts about judging him on a personal level, and nothing he’s done warrants it. It’s stupid.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think you read far too much into it. You think all the bizos that also try to whip up a chant are good citizens and model fans. No way. If Sam ends up being real deal, our stadium will be overflowing with fairweather fans. I still encourage them to do the chant as loud and often as possible. It’s disruptive to visiting team. That’s the point. 

I don’t care about the identity politics of it. It’s a fan chant. It’s cheering. Make noise is all I care about. I don’t have time or energy to give 2 sh*ts about judging him on a personal level, and nothing he’s done warrants it. It’s stupid.

Totally agree. Let's make Metlife a place that other fans think twice about visiting. I don't mean that in a threatening way, there is too much negative stuff (violent) when it comes to fan behavior. What I mean is lets have a 1) winning team and 2) 70,000 or however many the stadium holds, rabid fans just screaming.

Back in the day, you would go to a game and you had no voice at work the next day. None. You didn't schedule conference calls for the following morning. You knew you were going to be able to talk. That's what we need and this is all that really matters. Getting the stadium as loud as it can possibly be.

Archived