2018 MLB Playoffs Thread

CrazyCarl40

How wild is the two NL tiebreaker games?? 162 games weren’t enough. It’ll be interesting to see how the reams play this because the losers then play each other for the right to play the NL Central winner but then need to win to even get in the division series. Who do you guys have winning tomorrow?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Watch the Buehler kid. He is the real deal. 

It will be interesting because the Rockies have already faced him 4 or 5 times already this year. And several times in the past few weeks.

Marquez is pretty good too. His ERA on the road is sub 3 and is 2-0 in three starts against the Dodgers with a 2.57 ERA. Should be a good one. 

I for one didn’t expect the Brewers to be this good this year. 

So who do we think wins the Wild Card games? I’m going to say Cubs because Lester is a big game pitcher. I don’t think the AL teams have announced starters yet, but it seems like a foregone conclusion we’re on the road to another Sox/Yanks October showdown. 

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Baseball playoffs are the most stupid thing on the face of the earth.  These guys play like 35 ex game, 162 reg season games and then one game playoffs.  Moronic.

It gives incentive to win the division, which is where it should be. It has been a couple of exciting days. 

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Baseball playoffs are the most stupid thing on the face of the earth.  These guys play like 35 ex game, 162 reg season games and then one game playoffs.  Moronic.

While I agree the season is far too long and the playoffs go far too deep into the fall, last night’s game was awesome and it’s what makes baseball playoffs among the best (2nd to hockey).

53 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's a shame we don't have Gato around anymore. This Cubs dynasty that he berated everyone about for years is overwhelming. Dare I say stifling.

I wonder what he would have thought about the Cubs keeping Maddon. Only has one season left on his contract. Lame duck?

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

If I were the Cubs, I would. He would have plenty of suitors if they let him play out the season. 

My guess is he wants to stay, and the Cubs want him to stay. Seems like a good fit for both.

Theo just confirmed this in his End of Season presser, Dierk.  

He is really (Theo) a phenomenal asset to the Cubs organization but he made some bad choices in 2018 that had everything to do with many of the situations Maddon took heat on. 

My only regret is that the bull pen didn't get exploited and got to hide behind some circumstance driven stats that were far from their reality.

Joe is money in so many ways and I hope we have him till he leaves the game.  

12 hours ago, BroadwayBen said:

Lets go Indians! Lol but seriously, friday can't come soon enough. Post season baseball is such a special time of the year. 

Their staff is soooo deep.   

Boston has to be the favorite, but you have 3 teams with 100 wins, and the other team has 4 different 200 strikeout starters who all have an ERA under 3.4

45 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Suck it Carl. 

I love you too. 

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Their staff is soooo deep.   

Boston has to be the favorite, but you have 3 teams with 100 wins, and the other team has 4 different 200 strikeout starters who all have an ERA under 3.4

I think Houston is the favorite. They won last year. Should still be the favorite this year. Going to be fun. 

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I love you too. 

I think Houston is the favorite. They won last year. Should still be the favorite this year. Going to be fun. 

They won the WS, came back and won even more games in the regular season with 103.   I know the AL is real top heavy, with some brutally bad teams at the bottom, but the 4 remaining are all so good.   I agree, this will be an entertaining couple weeks.

34 minutes ago, chirorob said:

They won the WS, came back and won even more games in the regular season with 103.   I know the AL is real top heavy, with some brutally bad teams at the bottom, but the 4 remaining are all so good.   I agree, this will be an entertaining couple weeks.

Baseball is nuts in that it goes from the most boring/pointless of the 4 sports from April to August, then starts heating up in September, and then becomes the most interesting thing in sports in October. I'm so excited for the next 4 weeks of baseball.

I can’t believe it’s the first time the Sox and Yanks are meeting in the playoffs since the worst playoff collapse in major sports history. 

Anyway, predictions anyone?

I’ve got Sox over Yanks, Astros over Indians, Dodgers over Braves and Rockies over Brewers. That last one I’m not 100% on. All of them will be close series though. 

Archived