Creepy Lurker

FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

When I was looking him up after we drafted him I was shocked to read

Neg:  Not a natural pass catcher. Often clutches receptions against his frame and does too much body catching.

FWIW, I think that is Tony Pauline's site.

Considering Macs poor offensive skill evaluations, it’s not surprising.  A 180 pound RB with bad hands is useless.  

5 hours ago, Pennington said:

Chris is every bit as dumb as Woody if not more so. Screw both of these idiots for having this two dopes as GM and coach.

The owner wont fire himself. 

If we're going that far then it's basically up to fans to find another team because ownership isnt changing. 

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

Maybe a Head of Football Operations to be in charge of hiring a GM & then both of them deciding on a HC.

Whatever they can do to get it right Im all in for. 

I like that Woody tried to get outside help when hiring Bowles and Macc, my problem was believing that a 2nd rebuild was actually possible, as if the 1st rebuild "never happened". 

They should have been fired last year. Gross incompetence by ownership....but, folks like to look at owners as if they're much different somehow because they're considered successful. 

Woody and his brother have not shown that they have a clue what they're doing. The Jets is basically an investment that has grown in value as well as produced a constant stream of passive income at this point. In that regard, they're killing it. 

In terms of running the organization to create a good product................haha.....lol.

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Whatever they can do to get it right Im all in for. 

I like that Woody tried to get outside help when hiring Bowles and Macc, my problem was believing that a 2nd rebuild was actually possible, as if the 1st rebuild "never happened". 

They should have been fired last year. Gross incompetence by ownership....but, folks like to look at owners as if they're much different somehow because they're considered successful. 

Woody and his brother have not shown that they have a clue what they're doing. The Jets is basically an investment that has grown in value as well as produced a constant stream of passive income at this point. In that regard, they're killing it. 

In terms of running the organization to create a good product................haha.....lol.

They don’t need to create a good product to keep their customers happy.

14 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Looking for a CB? There is no place like the 6th round.

Mac has selected 3 CBs in the 6th round. Justin Burris was taken in the 4th round, but that's probably why we cut him loose. If you want to stick with the Jets as a CB, make sure they take you in the 6th round, or just become an UFA for another team and Mac will be sure to sign you for big bucks because he has no idea how to evaluate CBs in the draft.

Remember when Burris was a “gem” and a Maccagnan draft “steal”? Good times.

I am no McCagnan fan, but I don't think he is fired this year.  I think he will get the opportunity to fire Bowles and bring in an offensive minded head coach to bring Darnold along.  Pipe dream is Arians for me. 

The Darnold trade probably got him another year, because it looks like he got the pick right, and it saved him from botching 3 2nd round picks.  Herndon is looking decent, especially when compared to when the Jets burned a first rounder on Amaro.

That said, if McCaganan has a lousy draft this year, ya gotta cut and run.  Free Agent signings are no reason to save his job, because they gonna have to overpay to get any top players to join the team and burn years of their prime on a rebuild. 

3 hours ago, DirtyJersey said:

I am no McCagnan fan, but I don't think he is fired this year.  I think he will get the opportunity to fire Bowles and bring in an offensive minded head coach to bring Darnold along.  Pipe dream is Arians for me. 

The Darnold trade probably got him another year, because it looks like he got the pick right, and it saved him from botching 3 2nd round picks.  Herndon is looking decent, especially when compared to when the Jets burned a first rounder on Amaro.

That said, if McCaganan has a lousy draft this year, ya gotta cut and run.  Free Agent signings are no reason to save his job, because they gonna have to overpay to get any top players to join the team and burn years of their prime on a rebuild. 

But do you see how this makes no sense? He’s already on an incredibly short leash due to poor performance. Knowing this and the fact that he doesn’t have a good look based on performance, will surely hinder our head coach search and close the door on some of the best candidates instead of giving us every option available to make the best choice.

You are even saying that after another “lousy draft”, you gotta get rid of him. Why would you even keep him around in the first place and RISK all of that happening and putting us in a worse situation next year when we finally fire and blow it up then?

You are either suggesting that:

1.we hire and fire a head coach after 1 year.

2.keep mac for longer which would require an extension BEFORE the head coach search and will scare away candidates because he sucks.

3.Fire Mac after 1 year and keep the head coach which is another Rex/Idzik situation and will scare away the best GM candidates.

Like I’ve said earlier, everyone had a right to their opinion but please explain how any of this is good for us, makes sense and why you would risk all that for Mac who has hurt us more than help and proven NOTHING? 

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I got it, You’re our captain for a reason. Let them haters hate yo. No Viva La Maccagnan! No bueno. F that guy he suckz

Thanks haha. I don’t mind differing opinions or anything like that and try to explain my stance to challenge the opposing view on issues that seem COMPLETELY obvious like this one.

That poster just missed the point completely about making a thread that was VISIBLE. I mean, if you can’t read something simple before you post, you probably shouldn’t start sh*t with someone.

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Remember when Burris was a “gem” and a Maccagnan draft “steal”? Good times.

Burris puck has now been replaced by the other late round gem . What’s his name? 🤷🏻‍♂️ The one who hasn’t played a snap. Not Derrick Jones the other one. Must be a zirconia. 

Mehta's Jets Mailbag

We know that Bowles is on the hot seat but why isn't Maccagnan? It's not all on Bowles. This team has a clear lack of talent. Plus, Maccagnan didn't do much the last time we had a ton of cap space when Idzik was fired. His draft track record hasn't been great either in the later rounds. - @Xavier_NYC

It’s a legitimate point. Maccagnan hasn’t exactly distinguished himself as a talent compiler in his first four seasons on the job, but the organization isn’t going to blow it up all up and start over in 2019. Bowles is hardly the only culprit, but Woody and Christopher Johnson aren’t handing out pink slips to everyone. There’s a feeling on One Jets Drive that Maccagnan has done a good job navigating through some less-than-ideal circumstances given the current internal structure.

I can't wait to read about the "feeling on One Jets Drive" when the Jets finish the season at 4-12 or 3-13. If they keep Maccagnan after that record I'll be utterly disappointed in this franchise. I will then have to detach myself from the New York Jets until major changes are made.

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Mehta's Jets Mailbag

We know that Bowles is on the hot seat but why isn't Maccagnan? It's not all on Bowles. This team has a clear lack of talent. Plus, Maccagnan didn't do much the last time we had a ton of cap space when Idzik was fired. His draft track record hasn't been great either in the later rounds. - @Xavier_NYC

It’s a legitimate point. Maccagnan hasn’t exactly distinguished himself as a talent compiler in his first four seasons on the job, but the organization isn’t going to blow it up all up and start over in 2019. Bowles is hardly the only culprit, but Woody and Christopher Johnson aren’t handing out pink slips to everyone. There’s a feeling on One Jets Drive that Maccagnan has done a good job navigating through some less-than-ideal circumstances given the current internal structure.

I can't wait to read about the "feeling on One Jets Drive" when the Jets finish the season at 4-12 or 3-13. If they keep Maccagnan after that record I'll be utterly disappointed in this franchise. I will then have to detach myself from the New York Jets until major changes are made.

This is very possibly the feeling because our ownership is PATHETIC. It’s the wrong decision to keep Mac because it’s an inconvenience to have to do their damn jobs and hire someone again. I too will distance myself if this is the case......well I’ll try to but it’s probably impossible. 

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

This is very possibly the feeling because our ownership is PATHETIC. It’s the wrong decision to keep Mac because it’s an inconvenience to have to do their damn jobs and hire someone again. I too will distance myself if this is the case......well I’ll try to but it’s probably impossible. 

Woody Johnson needs to step up and make some wholesale changes this off-season. It's not that hard. Just do it.

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Woody Johnson needs to step up and make some wholesale changes this off-season. It's not that hard. Just do it.

It is that hard when ownership is scared,lazy and incompetent. Hire a president of football that will transcend GMs and head coaches for years and keep the team/franchise focused and on track. Let them handle EVERYTHING and then he owners can parade around on the sideline with their stupid hats and try to fit in. 

4 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

But do you see how this makes no sense? He’s already on an incredibly short leash due to poor performance. Knowing this and the fact that he doesn’t have a good look based on performance, will surely hinder our head coach search and close the door on some of the best candidates instead of giving us every option available to make the best choice.

You are even saying that after another “lousy draft”, you gotta get rid of him. Why would you even keep him around in the first place and RISK all of that happening and putting us in a worse situation next year when we finally fire and blow it up then?

You are either suggesting that:

1.we hire and fire a head coach after 1 year.

2.keep mac for longer which would require an extension BEFORE the head coach search and will scare away candidates because he sucks.

3.Fire Mac after 1 year and keep the head coach which is another Rex/Idzik situation and will scare away the best GM candidates.

Like I’ve said earlier, everyone had a right to their opinion but please explain how any of this is good for us, makes sense and why you would risk all that for Mac who has hurt us more than help and proven NOTHING? 

Right now it looks like he made the bold move and got the right QB.  I'd rather give him an extra year, then go through another total tear down. 

And I wouldn't bring him back to hire a young coordinator for HC.  If he is staying, he gets a year to work w/ the input of Arians or someone on par.  If Mac is fired after next offseason, a young high ceiling QB and an offensive guru who isn't looking for total control, will be attractive to a GM candidate.  Only worry is him blowing all the cap space on junk.

Flip side, Fire Mac and how many top candidates for GM are gonna see the Jets job and say, "Guy just showed balls trading up and got them a franchise QB, then they fire him after the coach lost the team, in the middle of a planned rebuild season?"  Who is lining up to interview for that?  Ya want yer GM spot to be on par w/ Buffalo or Cleveland's HC spot? 

2 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

Right now it looks like he made the bold move and got the right QB.  I'd rather give him an extra year, then go through another total tear down. 

And I wouldn't bring him back to hire a young coordinator for HC.  If he is staying, he gets a year to work w/ the input of Arians or someone on par.  If Mac is fired after next offseason, a young high ceiling QB and an offensive guru who isn't looking for total control, will be attractive to a GM candidate.  Only worry is him blowing all the cap space on junk.

Flip side, Fire Mac and how many top candidates for GM are gonna see the Jets job and say, "Guy just showed balls trading up and got them a franchise QB, then they fire him after the coach lost the team, in the middle of a planned rebuild season?"  Who is lining up to interview for that?  Ya want yer GM spot to be on par w/ Buffalo or Cleveland's HC spot? 

Plenty will see it as security with how patient we have been with this horrible regime. That’s why now is the time to make the change. We put in our time and had 4 years of this crap. It shows patience and we have some key pieces in place (FQB), cap space and a high draft pick. This is as attractive as we’ll be. If we keep Mac, might as well keep Bowles or at least hire a head of football operations. 

42 minutes ago, Lith said:

Good news.  We are the best 6th round drafters in the NFL.  Way to go Macc.

How does macc rank 26th? He drafted Williams/Lee/Adams/Darnold. If Jason suggests the rank is based on number of players drafted/signed who are still on the team. 

Do these stats apply to Idzik's draft picks? If so, um, not sure how these numbers help the discussion about Macc.