Let's talk about the draft in mid-November

Freemanm

Right now, the Jets are projected to have the #5 overall. I think they should trade down and get their second round pick back, and that Offensive linemen Greg Little or Jonah Williams (or both, maybe) needs to be their top target. Macc has run out of time in improving the offensive line, and if he doesn't get one of these two guys, he should be fired on draft night. The only question is, is there a player in 2019 worth trading up for (I'm not big into college football, so I don't really know)? Justin Herbert doesn't look like a first rounder and might want to stay in school. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe a lot of our offensive problems would be solved if we fix the offensive line. I think some people are overly dramatic when it comes to the holes at other spots. I think a good oline would make everyone else look way better. I don’t know how possible it is to fix in one offseason though. 

3 minutes ago, Drums said:

I believe a lot of our offensive problems would be solved if we fix the offensive line. I think some people are overly dramatic when it comes to the holes at other spots. I think a good oline would make everyone else look way better. I don’t know how possible it is to fix in one offseason though. 

Honestly if we can find a center who can snap straight and block moderately it would in itself help immensely. Any straight snappers with ok to midland blocking skills in the draft? 

38 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Honestly if we can find a center who can snap straight and block moderately it would in itself help immensely. Any straight snappers with ok to midland blocking skills in the draft? 

What exactly was his reasoning for going cheap at the center position 

52 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

It's a different world brother.  You need to be open to LBGTQMZR snappers as well.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Technically this should be in draft forum but since it’s a lock to get turned into a Fire Bowles or Fire Macc thread, like every thread here, I’ll let it play. 

Love this, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes sense on paper. If they can trade down a bit and get two starters instead of one, especially if there is OLine help that would be good.

Picking a solid guy at 6 seems to be all Macc is good at though. Depends on who is making the pick I guess.

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Technically this should be in draft forum but since it’s a lock to get turned into a Fire Bowles or Fire Macc thread, like every thread here, I’ll let it play. 

Is there a "tank" forum?  Isn't it about that time we should also be debating trying to avenge the Bills loss with a meaningless win and developing Darnold with a lame duck staff vs. putting him on ice, letting McCown (Webb?) play out the string to 3-13 and start the "Blow for Bosa" chant?

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Fix the OL. Let’s see that’s 5 players RT, G, C, G, LT, basically half the offense. We got 3 players on offense (starters) that are keepers IMO - Darnold, Q  and Herndon. The OL needs to be totally redone, sooner rather than later. Given Macc’s terrible FA signings and drafts, getting 5 solid OL starters over the next couple years is about as likely as Bowles being HC next year. 

1 hour ago, Drums said:

That's why we should have been drafting O-line early every single season.  Instead we get tiny linebackers, back to back safeties and crappy WR's. 

11 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Is there a "tank" forum?  Isn't it about that time we should also be debating trying to avenge the Bills loss with a meaningless win and developing Darnold with a lame duck staff vs. putting him on ice, letting McCown (Webb?) play out the string to 3-13 and start the "Blow for Bosa" chant?

“ tank forum” is for the premium member only. I talk to him yesterday, he really likes it. 

Of course it's a matter of opinion and what site you're looking at, but there does seem to be a crop of OL guys around the late 1st/early 2nd draft grade levels.

I would be fine with trading way back for a nice haul and getting two OL pieces. Maybe someone like Jonah Williams from Alabama or Jawaan Taylor from Florida?

39 minutes ago, BigO said:

Fix the OL. Let’s see that’s 5 players RT, G, C, G, LT, basically half the offense. We got 3 players on offense (starters) that are keepers IMO - Darnold, Q  and Herndon. The OL needs to be totally redone, sooner rather than later. Given Macc’s terrible FA signings and drafts, getting 5 solid OL starters over the next couple years is about as likely as Bowles being HC next year. 

Shell and Winters are not bad. Having the whole left side fixed via FA and the draft would go a long way to making this  pretty good Oline. Oh, the left side includes the Center as well.

Archived