Darnold is out of walking boot but didn’t practice today

Patriot Killa

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I still think he can get better with reps. The team is bad but I don't think it's so bad that every real game rep isn't valuable. They should be healthier coming out of the bye week, I'd expect them to look sharper than they did against the Bears/Dolphins/Bills.

Sure reps can be good but we have to weigh it against injury risk.  Between Long's bad snaps and the guards and tackles who can't pass protect, it's a big risk right now.  Not to mention bad habits that can be developed in hopeless situations with lame duck coaches.

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sam Darnold is a boogie-boarder because he cant balance himself on a surfboard.  It's a legit concern.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

For those of you who dont understand; it's like being on rollerblades at a skatepark. 

Having said this outloud, we're doomed.  No way a kid from California who boogie-boards instead of surfs is going to make it in the NFL.  

And this is the type of in depth scouting that Jets dont have in the building.  Someone should have sniffed this out. 

And it would have been if @HessStation, you know...

2 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Sure reps can be good but we have to weigh it against injury risk.  Between Long's bad snaps and the guards and tackles who can't pass protect, it's a big risk right now.  Not to mention bad habits that can be developed in hopeless situations with lame duck coaches.

I mean, if he's legit not healthy you don't put him out there but the idea that he can't play because the line is bad is dumb. He's an NFL QB, he's gonna get hit. Can't wrap the guy in bubble wrap forever... And it's not like the line is going to be all world in 2019.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I cant believe I have tickets to the Titans game & I won't see Sam Darnold? WTF! 

This trip was #1, to see my son who lives in Nashville & combine it with seeing Darnold. If I have to watch Josh McCown play what a f*cking waste of my time! 

I honestly could care less, win or lose, I just wanted to see Sam play & and conclude for myself his arm strength, decision making ect. It's not like I don't already know he's got a sh*tshow around him.

The Bears made Cousins, Diggs, Theilen, Rudolph look pretty pedestrian last night, 122 yards total at one point 16 yard rushing. God I hate Bowles with a freaking passion! Phillip Rivers had the same issues with bad snaps, he threw a pick on one of them. 

Bowles must have heard you started all those threads about him

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sam Darnold is a boogie-boarder because he cant balance himself on a surfboard.  It's a legit concern.

More bad news

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

For those of you who dont understand; it's like being on rollerblades at a skatepark. 

Its got to be worse than that in California.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Having said this outloud, we're doomed.  No way a kid from California who boogie-boards instead of surfs is going to make it in the NFL.  

And this is the type of in depth scouting that Jets dont have in the building.  Someone should have sniffed this out. 

And it would have been if @HessStation, you know...

Just now, The Crusher said:

More bad news

Its got to be worse than that in California.

In sync as usual. Next!

1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

It means we don't have to watch open season on Sam come Sunday.  Probably a good thing.  Give it another 1-2 weeks for the offense to get healthier.

Open Season?  Beli isn’t blitzing Darnold unless Darnold proves he can beat them with 7 in coverage, Beli will play disguised coverages with max defenders dropping into coverage, IF Darnold starts to pick it apart that will change to man, bumb, and run coverage with extra rushers, Belicheck actually adjusts in game.

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

I think I'm more confused. I'm assuming this is a serious post? He's obviously a great athlete (was a great bball player) so I'm not sure I get the analogy.

Did you see the still picture of him playing Bball?  His D was pathetic.  I would light him up if he gave me that much room on the perimeter. @Jetsfan80, word? 

Anywho, essentially in the surf/skate world, if you're riding a boogie-board in the line up, you're a kook and every single surfer hates you for taking up space in the water and trying to compete for waves.  I've seen surfers straight up run boogie boarders over and demand them leave the ocean.  Sitting out there with flippers on your feet and webbed gloves like you're a diver and riding waves on your belly?  WTF?  Unless you cant stand because you're physically enable and you're out there out of pure love for surfing/ocean, there isnt an excuse.  

If you're a rollerblader?  Might as well pull your man card.  Those dudes were picked on endlessly growing up if they showed face at the skatepark.  The worst forms of bullying I've ever seen is skaters to rollerbladers.  Just brutal. 

So basically Sam Darnold grew up in the mecca of North American surfing and skating and homeboy did by far the lamest form of both and was probably picked on his entire life until he picked up a Football 3 years ago and showed some promise throwing the ball.  

Huge concern.  Not only in Football but in life. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Did you see the still picture of him playing Bball?  His D was pathetic.  I would light him up if he gave me that much room on the perimeter. @Jetsfan80, word? 

Anywho, essentially in the surf/skate world, if you're riding a boogie-board in the line up, you're a kook and every single surfer hates you for taking up space in the water and trying to compete for waves.  I've seen surfers straight up run boogie boarders over and demand them leave the ocean.  Sitting out there with flippers on your feet and webbed gloves like you're a diver and riding waves on your belly?  WTF?  Unless you cant stand because you're physically enable and you're out there out of pure love for surfing/ocean, there isnt an excuse.  

If you're a rollerblader?  Might as well pull your man card.  Those dudes were picked on endlessly growing up if they showed face at the skatepark.  The worst forms of bullying I've ever seen is skaters to rollerbladers.  Just brutal. 

So basically Sam Darnold grew up in the mecca of North American surfing and skating and homeboy did by far the lamest form of both and was probably picked on his entire life until he picked up a Football 3 years ago and showed some promise throwing the ball.  

I should preface, I dont know if Sam rollerblades but he might as well if he boogie boards. 

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Open Season?  Beli isn’t blitzing Darnold unless Darnold proves he can beat them with 7 in coverage, Beli will play disguised coverages with max defenders dropping into coverage, IF Darnold starts to pick it apart that will change to man, bumb, and run coverage with extra rushers, Belicheck actually adjusts in game.

Why blitz when you're going to face empty sets where Trey Flowers just has to beat 1 on 1 for an entire game? 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

anigif_original-grid-image-1834-1384184745-6.giftumblr_o70addljiC1r2lmkgo1_500.gif

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

So the fact that Darnold actually got offered his USC scholarship based on his Basketball skills, story goes Sam was hurt, and couldn’t play football, got healthy before B-ball season, balled out as the PG, and when the USC coach had to decide to offer, or not he came to visit watched one half of the basketball game, and was convinced Darnold was his guy, and offered based on his PG skills.  He must do something right on the court, I have zero clue what picture your referring to, but it’s a still photo you can’t base what Sam is doing off a still photo come on man, and I’m pretty sure Sam says he only rides the boogie board because once he got a taste of real sports he didn’t waste time in the water he was always playing a sport, yes his boys apparently are Surfers, but Sam is not he is a ball player, and it seems his friends were cool with that.

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Think about this for a minute. We finally draft a guy to be our franchise QB. Then 10 games into the season, most of us are hoping they sit the kid the rest of the year because we're worried the coaching and or lack of offensive talent will ruin him. Only the Jets, man. Only the Jets. 

I want him to play.  He can still do some good things.

50 minutes ago, JiF said:

Just curious, where did you get this?  I know that he wasn’t that interested, and preferred playing sports on the beach.  He played baseball, basketball and football.  Being a good athlete requires balance.

34 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

So the fact that Darnold actually got offered his USC scholarship based on his Basketball skills, story goes Sam was hurt, and couldn’t play football, got healthy before B-ball season, balled out as the PG, and when the USC coach had to decide to offer, or not he came to visit watched one half of the basketball game, and was convinced Darnold was his guy, and offered based on his PG skills.  He must do something right on the court, I have zero clue what picture your referring to, but it’s a still photo you can’t base what Sam is doing off a still photo come on man, and I’m pretty sure Sam says he only rides the boogie board because once he got a taste of real sports he didn’t waste time in the water he was always playing a sport, yes his boys apparently are Surfers, but Sam is not he is a ball player, and it seems his friends were cool with that.

My high school highlight reel in Bball >>>> Sam Darnold's

33 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

He threw five TD passes with Clay Helton on the sidelines (when he was the QB coach), knowing he was there to watch him.  USC was his dream school and his grandfather a legend there....no stress there.

Archived