Name people Smarter than Todd Bowles

TNJet

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the clock management. Jets were down by 2 TD's. Had the Jets scored there they were still in a position to put up a fight. A quick score there leaves the Jets with 1:50 to either kick onsides or kick away and try to get 3 stops and use the remaining TO's for a shot with what would have been about 1:30 left.

The thing I didn't get was committing to the far pass for two plays in a row. Forget that the Jets don't really have anyone on the roster for that play, it's just something that doesn't ever seem to play out well in do-or-die situations for anyone anywhere. On a 4th down you need to leave yourself a few options and committing to a throw right off the snap always seems silly on 3rd or 4th.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I liked the clock management. Jets were down by 2 TD's. Had the Jets scored there they were still in a position to put up a fight. A quick score there leaves the Jets with 1:50 to either kick onsides or kick away and try to get 3 stops and use the remaining TO's for a shot with what would have been about 1:30 left.

Yeah I agree. I won’t cry about the clock management. I would of done the same. The problem was Kearse not scoring right there in order for the team to pivot to Defense and try to get that final stop. 

Archived