Trumaine Johnson is a "mystery"-Connor Hughes

Bugg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

"In house matter"  I'd like to punch bowels in the throat.  no he is not a 'good man' he is the worst coach this team has ever seen including kotite.

As for "Tru" The team should put this a$$hole up against a locker and kick his ass.  old school.

We pay these guys millions and they are a disagrace.

Mac should be fired with bowles he has spent gob of money on morons.

But, but he's "RESPECTED THROUGHOUT THE LEAGUE". what a joke!

52 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Bowles prefers to use exotic blitz packages to put the QB under heavy duress, and he mixes it with "complex" zone looks to force the QB into turning the ball over.

The big problem is, this idea sucks, we don't generate any pressure, the zone looks are far from "complex", and this results in short passes going for 7-8 yards a toss.  

The only "duress" any quarterback feels when facing this "exotic, complex" defense is the pressure of  " WHICH" of the WIDE OPEN receivers to throw to.   

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

All players make mistakes.  It is his lack of effort that is infuriating.  

The Jets have made it a habit in recent seasons to have their highest paid player give the least amount of effort.

what is the common factor - bowles, kacy?

The Rams paid Tru over $30M in two years on the franchise tag, he was ranked high every year, fans loved him, has talent, something does not add up

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Sheldumb, Mo-ron, and now Fauxmaine. Common denominator? All went from high level players to flea-ridden mutts under Bowles. Let’s see what next year brings before we write him off.

This. It's a repeating pattern. The players were all brought in from different regimes. The common denominator is Todd Bowles. It's shocking that a former NFL safety could be so spineless as a coach.

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Bowles prefers to use exotic blitz packages to put the QB under heavy duress, and he mixes it with "complex" zone looks to force the QB into turning the ball over.

The big problem is, this idea sucks, we don't generate any pressure, the zone looks are far from "complex", and this results in short passes going for 7-8 yards a toss.  

Give any NFL QB more than 2.8 seconds the play breaks down, coverage falls apart, and somebody gets open. Still don't get why you overpay a man to man guy and then employ a zone defense. 

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

The Rams paid Tru over $30M in two years on the franchise tag, he was ranked high every year, fans loved him, has talent, something does not add up

I don't believe he was that good on the Rams.   I have no evidence of my own eyes to support that statement.   I, admittedly, didn't watch him anywhere near close enough.

I can offer only this.  I do recall watching a Thursday night game in which Trumaine Johnson was humiliated by Pierre Garcon and CJ Beathard from the 49ers.   Not exactly Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison. Garcon had a monster night. 

My other evidence is the epic fails I have seen in the PFF ratings for players, especially in the secondary.   Example: Calvin Pryor in 2015 with the Jets.  PFF said he was good.  I said he was terrible. 

PFF said Trumaine Johnson was good against the Browns in week 3.  I started a thread on this board saying he was a disgrace.  I was right again, not the PFF nerds.  The nerds obviously don't account for a player being beaten badly on routes that were incomplete due to inaccurate passes.   The nerds don't account for lack of effort in run support.

PFF can "KMA."

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

That’s a Bowles issue

Last year, Johnson graded as one of the best press corners in the league and was mediocre when playing off.

So what does Bowles have him do? Constantly play 10+ yards off the LoS, of course.

4 hours ago, Jetmech said:

I must be missing something about why he isn't playing press. It can't be some simple answer right?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

The in-house matter:

Bowles realized that he can no longer have Trumaine Johnson in the film room with Jamal Adams for fear of Johnson's safety.

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

So the GM signs the best available FA corner , the HC totally misuses him and its the GM's fault - um ok 

Bowles has had input on the roster since he and Mac got here. I believe that Bowles is honestly just a sh*tty coach. Once he is gone and we get someone in here that can identify a players strength(s) and play to them it will be a different story. Yes Mac has made some bad moves and is not great but Bowles is horrible. Has Bowles ever played to a players strength? Always doing dumb, mind boggling sh*t. 

4 hours ago, Untouchable said:

That’s a Bowles issue

Last year, Johnson graded as one of the best press corners in the league and was mediocre when playing off.

So what does Bowles have him do? Constantly play 10+ yards off the LoS, of course.

As my post above states, PFF has very serious flaws in how they evaluate defensive backs. 

So the GM signs the best available FA corner , the HC totally misuses him and its the GM's fault - um ok 

I am finding that we are on opposite sides rather often lately.  It won't matter who coaches, or what they do with him.  Trumaine Johnson does nothing well.  NOTHING.

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

As my post above states, PFF has very serious flaws in how they evaluate defensive backs. 

I am finding that we are on opposite sides rather often lately.  It won't matter who coaches, or what they do with him.  Trumaine Johnson does nothing well.  NOTHING.

Yes he did nothing well last season for the Rams also - right ??

But that doesn't explain the blatant lack of effort.  It's both their faults.  The Rams cut him loose, choosing instead to spend their DB money on Marcus Peters and a 32 year old Talib.  Makes you wonder. 

1 hour ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

they preferred a 32 year old Talib over Trumaine in his prime.  Speaks volumes.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

But that doesn't explain the blatant lack of effort.  It's both their faults.  The Rams cut him loose, choosing instead to spend their DB money on Marcus Peters and a 32 year old Talib.  Makes you wonder. 

Yeah but if your hired to be a cook and the restaurant owner has you waiting tables you think it would affect your attitude some. Bowles has no clue how to get the best out of what is given him. 

Macc should have recognized our Front 7 lacks a Donald or even a Brockers and never signed him in the first place. It should have been a bad sign that the Rams let him go so easily and replaced him with 2 new corners.

The only way Johnson could have been used effectively would have been a blitz-heavy scheme with zero zone coverage. And if I recall correctly, we DID blitz a lot early in the season, but still didn’t get to the QB nearly enough.

So yes. This was a Macc failure.

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah but if your hired to be a cook and the restaurant owner has you waiting tables you think it would affect your attitude some. Bowles has no clue how to get the best out of what is given him. 

that's true.  And this is why I want both Bowles and Mac out of here forthwith.  Mac should have examined the reasons why the Rams cut bait and went for Peters and Talib near the end of his career over a deal with Johnson.  I can't prove it, but I have little doubt Mac did his due diligence on Johnson.  His 4 years of CB contracts has been probably the dumbest in the NFL.  Expensive failures. Executive of the year. 

7 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Talib signed a 2 yr/$19 mill contract, far less than Johnson wanted...and the Rams were lacking cap space.  Just something else to consider.

So the Rams let "the best FA CB" in the NFL, in his prime no less, walk away from a multi-year year contract to get an over the hill Talib and Peters?  No siree.  If the Rams thought it was worth it, Johnson would be a Ram.  Just like Washington Redskins were never really committed or confident in Cousins, so it is with the Rams and Johnson.  A pair of tags instead of a contract and a final decision that the player is simply not worth it.   Staring Mac right in the face, yet he was blind to it.  The irony is he tried to get Cousins too.  

Good Lord, he is a bumbling incompetent that can't even sniff the obvious.

Basically what Trumaine’s failures demonstrate is how mind-numbingly stupid it is for the GM and HC to be hired separately by the owner and end up on the same level.

All that does is lead to disorder and misuse of valuable resources.

Sure, we can say that Macc catered to Bowles at times. But that doesn’t mean they were ever truly on the same page.

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

that's true.  And this is why I want both Bowles and Mac out of here forthwith.  Mac should have examined the reasons why the Rams cut bait and went for Peters and Talib near the end of his career over a deal with Johnson.  I can't prove it, but I have little doubt Mac did his due diligence on Johnson.  His 4 years of CB contracts has been probably the dumbest in the NFL.  Expensive failures. Executive of the year. 

Again , I cannot fathom Mac just went out and signed these players w/o consent or w/o Bowles asking for them.  Bowles is at the root of most of the problems. 

5 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Again , I cannot fathom Mac just went out and signed these players w/o consent or w/o Bowles asking for them.  Bowles is at the root of most of the problems. 

explain the parallel stupidity with both Cousins and Johnson then.  Vikings, with that WR talent underperformed with Cousins and Cousins is getting criticized badly up there.  It is being viewed as the 3-year mistake.  Mac would have been first to sign up for that one.

Mac is an atrocious GM.  His drafts have been horrible. More draft picks completely out of the league than anyone else in the last 4 years.  His contracts have been ill conceived.  And of course Bowles makes everything infinitely worse.  That much is obvious.

It ain't happening, but both should be shown the door.  Ownership is too cowardly to do that again for some reason.  

Don't you agree that it is a half-assed effort to cut one loose and retain the other?  Especially with that deplorable draft track record.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

explain the parallel stupidity with both Cousins and Johnson then.  Vikings, with that WR talent underperformed with Cousins and Cousins is getting criticized badly up there.  It is being viewed as the 3-year mistake.  Mac would have been first to sign up for that one.

Mac is an atrocious GM.  His drafts have been horrible. More draft picks completely out of the leafue than anyone else in the last 4 years.  His contracts have been ill conceived.  And of course Bowles makes everything infinitely worse.

It ain't happening, but both should be shown the door.  Ownership is too cowardly to do that again for some reason.  

Don't you agree that it is a half-assed effort to cut one loose and retain the other?  Especially with that deplorable draft track record.

Anybody who's watched the Jets knows the QB has been a issue for like a decade now. They needed a QB , Cousins while having a bad year for the Vikes still represented the best QB the Jets would have had in a decade. You can argue the $$ the long term vs short term return , but Mac tried to upgrade the position just like he did upgrade the CB position. 

And I believe a GM is only as good as the underlying CS the team employs. You can get all the best players but if the coach has no idea how to use them it makes the GM look much worse. If Mac hired Bowles I'd share your sentiments , but Mac had Bowles forced on him. 

56Mehl  at the end of the day pretty well every single big money signing the jets have had has laid a huge egg and been one of the worst players on the team.  Like it or not that hangs on the gms neck as it should.

Bowles should be on the 1st train out of NY, Mac should be on the 2nd train out of NY.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

56Mehl  at the end of the day pretty well every single big money signing the jets have had has laid a huge egg and been one of the worst players on the team.  Like it or not that hangs on the gms neck as it should.

Bowles should be on the 1st train out of NY, Mac should be on the 2nd train out of NY.

Image result for choo choo gifs

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Adams must have the biggest mouth in the entire NFL.

If you click the comments, Tru responds back with something else that indicates, and was liked by other members of the team, that this was just a joke between the two of them.  I'm not saying that he wasn't late, but they're not actually pissed off or feuding with each other.

5 hours ago, ID. said:

Great team chemistry...

70211138-8224-4D64-B1AD-F2EF61EAE3E8.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Adams must have the biggest mouth in the entire NFL.

Wow, you guys took seriously? Anyone with half a brain could quickly identify that the comment was posted in jest ??‍♂️

Archived