AFC/NFC Championship Games Thread

joewilly12

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

The play is just magnified because it happened at the end of the 4th quarter. If that happens in the 1st quarter it's not as big of a deal. The Saints had a 23-20 lead, and they didn't stop the Rams from advancing the ball into field goal range in regulation, and then after winning the coin toss in OT, they turned the ball over, and the Rams capitalized and won the game with another field goal. Like I said, no tears for the Saints here. Go ahead and downvote that. I'm just glad that didn't happen to my Jets. lmao

Nothing to down vote. But that call literally cost them a Super Bowl birth. Period 

7 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Pats doing what everyone expected — run, run, underneath pass, rinse repeat. KC must’ve known this is what they were going to do. Yet they can’t stop it. What is this dark magic Belichick wields?

Exactly. Even a lowly female football fan, can predict exactly what the Pats will do. All those little slant passes over and over. But they can’t stop them.  4th and 1? QB sneak. Etc. I don’t get it! 

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The play is just magnified because it happened at the end of the 4th quarter. If that happens in the 1st quarter it's not as big of a deal. The Saints had a 23-20 lead, and they didn't stop the Rams from advancing the ball into field goal range in regulation, and then after winning the coin toss in OT, they turned the ball over, and the Rams capitalized and won the game with another field goal. Like I said, no tears for the Saints here. Go ahead and downvote that. I'm just glad that didn't happen to my Jets. lmao

The wide receiver was pushed to the ground with the ball in the air. Textbook.

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

but, but, but .....he's from the Parcels via Groh, Dungy via Her, BB via MAngini and the Rex Ryan coaching trees! 

KC has more sacks than any other team. BB and Brady have the passing game down to a science.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Nothing to down vote. Butbitbliterally cost them a Super Bowl birth. Period 

Why didn't the Saints defense just stop the Rams from getting into field goal range? Is that not allowed? How about Drew Brees forcing that pass with Dante Fowler in his face, which proved to be the turnover that cost the Saints the game? Saints were allowed to stop the Rams after that turnover, but they didn't keep them out of field goal range. Bottom line, the Saints had opportunities to win that game after that blown call, but they didn't, and the Rams snatched a victory out of the jaws of defeat. Saints fans are going to obviously be salty over that no-call, but the truth is, it was just one play in a game of many. 

Why didn't the Saints defense just stop the Rams from getting into field goal range? Is that not allowed? How about Drew Brees forcing that pass with Dante Fowler in his face, which proved to be the turnover that cost the Saints the game? Saints were allowed to stop the Rams after that turnover, but they didn't keep them out of field goal range. Bottom line, the Saints had opportunities to win that game after that blown call, but they didn't, and the Rams snatched a victory out of the jaws of defeat. Saints fans are going to obviously be salty over that no-call, but the truth is, it was just one play in a game of many. 

They blew 2 calls in the same play that would have handed the Saints the game in the final possession.

Just stop.

6 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don't understand how you don't get this. Had the flag been thrown the Saints could've taken the clock all the way down and kicked a 25 yard FG to win the game. It's not even close to being the same thing as it happening earlier in the game. That missed call singlehandedly took a win away from the Saints. There is no other way to see that. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They blew 2 calls in the same play that would have handed the Saints the game in the final possession.

Just stop.

Just now, choon328 said:

I don't understand how you don't get this. Had the flag been thrown the Saints could've taken the clock all the way down and kicked a 25 yard FG to win the game. It's not even close to being the same thing as it happening earlier in the game. That missed call singlehandedly took a win away from the Saints. There is no other way to see that. 

SI!

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The "refs" snatched victory out of the jaws of defeat and the Rams will get obliterated against the Patriots in the SB.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just stop.

Stop what? I'm not crying over a no-call on pass interference. The Saints had a 23-20 lead. They blew it in regulation and in overtime after winning the coin toss. 

Just now, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Chiefs fooled me.  All year I thought they had a sh*t defense.  Then last week comes and I go "well...….. Should have known better.

You were right all along.

2 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Weird argument. The entirety of the game after that missed call is a result of that missed call. If called correctly, saints run the time down and kick a game ending field goal (assuming he makes it). That is a very deflating feeling, knowing that something out of your team's control has potentially altered your teams destiny and trip to the Super Bowl. You can not downplay this missed call and lump it in with others. 

Archived