I am very happy so far, rebuild ahead of schedule IMHO

SouthernJet

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Fitz was signed as the backup

Petty was drafted to hopefully become a backup

McCown was signed as a backup/stopgap

Nothing to comprehend.

There are two different types of people in pilarized arguments about enabling insufficient job performance.

Those that look at facts.

Those that rationalize with hyperbole.

Guess which one you are.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Petty was projected by some “experts “ to be a late first rounder or 2nd before draft. That high of a pick you do not waste on “ backup ceiling “ 

Not a chance that Petty was a late 1st or 2nd.  A 4th is exactly the kind of pick you use for a backup QB

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

There are two different types of people in pilarized arguments about enabling insufficient job performance.

Those that look at facts.

Those that rationalize with hyperbole.

Guess which one you are.

The one who can see what those players were?  One of the vast majority who know that Fitz, Petty and McCown werent solutions but bandaids?   As opposed to some who want to tell others what they were to feed their argument against Macc? 

The difference is some of us see the moves for what they were.  Rationalize that.  I dont need to be told who I am, I know you feel the need.  How about this, if you dont want people to disagree with you, stop being a baby and go back door attempt to insult.  I dont particularly give a damn either way and dont go off on a tangent to insult

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

None of this excuses neglecting OL in the draft and actually rebuilding the team for a young QB to thrive around. He did not do that, instead, he signed Matt Forte for RB, resigned Winters and drafted Chad Hansen, ArDarius Stewart and Devin Smith. You build a team first like the Browns did when they traded for Jarvis Landry, drafted Antonio Calloway and also Njoku the year before. They made sure the QB they were going to draft had weapons and protection before hand. Maccagnan didn’t. Not only did Maccagnan not build a team for the young QB to thrive in, he also didn’t move the needle on the impact meter for this roster.

so no...make no mistake..he’s had 17 rebuilds. He just saves his ass drafting Darnold because there was clearly a resurgence of patience attached to drafting the kid.  

Be angry all you want, but...yes...Mac gets the reset button from me...after the move up to get Darnold. JMO...first legit FQB in ages.  And accomplished without losing this year's 3rd pick of the draft.  

And yes...he didn't draft well and that has to change.  But an arranged marriage is also not a good recipe for success either.  First Rex with Idzik.  Then Mac with Bowles.  Ownership + consultants are responsible for structuring these ill advised type of setups.  IMO you should hire a GM and let him implement his own vision for team success. And that starts with hiring his choice for HC-CS.  So he gets no Bowles is bad excuse with Gase and Williams aboard from me. Mac and Chris Johnson wanted them.  Now lets see if draft success improves significantly or not.

It has to work this time or they're all fired.  IMO...it's going to work out...Darnold is the reason.  FQB's that are special...can compensate not only for weaknesses in team personnel. But also for less then stellar Ownership...GM's or HC's.  JMO...Darnold can be one of them. 

Let's see what happens.

The one who can see what those players were?  One of the vast majority who know that Fitz, Petty and McCown werent solutions but bandaids?   As opposed to some who want to tell others what they were to feed their argument against Macc? 

The difference is some of us see the moves for what they were.  Rationalize that.  I dont need to be told who I am, I know you feel the need.  How about this, if you dont want people to disagree with you, stop being a baby and go back door attempt to insult.  I dont particularly give a damn either way and dont go off on a tangent to insult

lolwut?

Bandaids, and J&J perfect.

23 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

what can I say, I am happy. I see 2019 meaningful games in December, in this the 2nd year of rebuild.

I see 2020 as  (barring disaster injuries en masse) a year where we have a team that can make a serious p[layoff run, forget scratching into the wildcard.

Main thing though I see is starting in 2019 maybe, but 2020 I see us making the playoffs for quite a few years. part of rebuild wasnt just players, but philosophy. I think we figured it out. I hope Chris Johnson is still here as I think he 'gets it' better than Woody.

Bleed Green. Stay loyal, dont give up. Our time will come. J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yJ5XsX-p5k

Chemistry will rule the day.

4 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I sort of feel like they think they're OK at WR especially after Crowder and would completely draft a guy like Q. Williams (Mac's BPA method!) 

Your assessment is fairly accurate, and also what i would expect from Jets fan -- after all, it's all you know. Meanwhile, fans of other teams have enjoyed measures of "aggressive", and "unconventional" and "forward thinking" decisions from their management - and consequently would totally get it. 

Enunwa hasn't been healthy in 2 years, Robbie is (cross your fingers) in his first drama-free offseason, and Crowder is a much bigger gamble than the media is letting on. We could definitely stand to draft a stud WR and develop him for a year, over the usual "oh sh*t, we have no WRs approach that we've been carrying on with for the last 15 years. 

lolwut?

The usual responses from you.  Been here seen it all before. 

Write something, have someone give a differing opinion and instead of telling me why you disagree, why you think I'm wrong you go the hyperbole whatever cop out. 

Theres no hyperbole in Fitz was the backup, Petty was hoped to be a backup in the making and McCown was at best a stop gap.  The hyperbole is claiming they were brought in as a QB solutions.  

LOLWUT?  DUH  

Bye

30 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Your assessment is fairly accurate, and also what i would expect from Jets fan -- after all, it's all you know. Meanwhile, fans of other teams have enjoyed measures of "aggressive", and "unconventional" and "forward thinking" decisions from their management - and consequently would totally get it. 

Enunwa hasn't been healthy in 2 years, Robbie is (cross your fingers) in his first drama-free offseason, and Crowder is a much bigger gamble than the media is letting on. We could definitely stand to draft a stud WR and develop him for a year, over the usual "oh sh*t, we have no WRs approach that we've been carrying on with for the last 15 years. 

So should we be aggressive and take a gamble on players like other organizations or not?  

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Write something, have someone give a differing opinion and instead of telling me why you disagree, why you think I'm wrong you go the hyperbole whatever cop out. 

Theres no hyperbole in Fitz was the backup, Petty was hoped to be a backup in the making and McCown was at best a stop gap.  The hyperbole is claiming they were brought in as a QB solutions.  

LOLWUT?  DUH  

Bye

You clearly have no idea what hyperbole is, and your head explodes during ever minor disagreement... so yeah. 

This all I’m left with is...

tenor.gif?itemid=5401671

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So should we be aggressive and take a gamble on players like other organizations or not?  

there's nothing aggressive about taking a chance on Crowder. 

I think you know what i mean. if you disagree, that's fine. But lets not argue about context and syntax. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Let’s hope. There’s plenty of good ones in this draft that can make an impact. I do think Darnold on the team will change his way of thinking a bit. He knows he has to surround him and capatilize on the time he has him. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

LOLWUT?  DUH  

Bye

Better watch it, he will get his interwebz bodyguard after you, spootface.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

You clearly have no idea what hyperbole is, and your head explodes during ever minor disagreement... so yeah. 

This all I’m left with is...

tenor.gif?itemid=5401671

Ok child, I don't.  You just take QBs signed as a backups and tried to sell them as something more.  I have them in their correct positions.  Yes, I'm confused.

pictures, names who am I.  No football talk

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

I dont see crowder as a gamble as he received a fair free agent contract.  EVERY player gets "over paid" in free agency.

Paul Richardson got 4 for $32 and he was/is a much bigger risk then crowder.  

We paid a fair value for the next 3 years of Crowder's career - the raise hes getting now from last year is irrelevant.  As an NFL player he is worth approximately $7-9 million per.  Lets hope he stays healthy, because he will produce that level of value

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Ok child, I don't.  You just take QBs signed as a backups and tried to sell them as something more.  I have them in their correct positions.  Yes, I'm confused.

You’re confused.

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Point of fact: I never made an argument specifically about QBs. You brought them up, you used hyperbole to make counterpoints, I dismissed your argument as a matter of course, then you started talking about me, while playing victim. 

I’ll remind you, this is about recycling recycling the rebuild narrative too many times for one GM. Nobody was talking about Bryce ******* Petty. That’s all you in your anger bubble.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Point of fact: I never made an argument specifically about QBs. You brought them up, you used hyperbole to make counterpoints, I dismissed your argument as a matter of course, then you started talking about me, while playing victim. 

I’ll remind you, this is about recycling recycling the rebuild narrative too many times for one GM. Nobody was talking about Bryce ******* Petty. That’s all you in your anger bubble.

You dont even know what you said anymore.

You said he addressed the QB issue.  Fitz. Petty. McCown

Yeah, you never mentioned Petty.  

Dont dismiss people.  You shouldnt

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You dont even know what you said anymore.

You said he addressed the QB issue.  Fitz. Petty. McCown

Yeah, you never mentioned Petty.  

Dont dismiss people.  You shouldnt

JIF said that. In a multi-paragraph post that I quoted to ageee with the larger point he was making. Your argument is apparently with him, but tell me more about what I said.

I will dismiss you, always, because you lead every interaction with anger and close it with stupidity. 

I think the rebuild is exactly on schedule.  Year 1 was tear it down, get rid of all the older players with bad contracts.  Year 2 find the QB and year 3 go nuts in FA(they have done a great job so far but I wouldn't even say they have gone nuts).  We had more talent in the roster than people realized before FA and now we obviously have a lot more with lower level FA signings and the draft to come.  We will be a playoff caliber team in 2019 but there's still plenty of work to be done.

22 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Seems so obvious, yet so many fail to comprehend this.

JIF said that. In a multi-paragraph post that I quoted to ageee with the larger point he was making. Your argument is apparently with him, but tell me more about what I said.

I will dismiss you, always, because you lead every interaction with anger and close it with stupidity. 

My bad, you didnt say it.  You just posted that it was so obvious and that many fail to get it.  And I countered with the fact that it wasnt true.  It wasnt an argument, its not anger.  

You had to go off.

Same thing.  

Youre responses are typical.  Especially the idea that I'm angry when its apparent a differing opinion gets you angry and sets you off

20 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I think we are arguing the semantics of the term "rebuild," not the reality of what happened, although I will still disagree that Fitz or McCown were ever viewed by Mac as potential franchise QB's. That's pretty ridiculous. He got some good mileage out of them, but they were both patented aging journeymen QB's. Mac knew that very well.

I'll agree McCown wasnt viewed as such but I disagree with Fitz.  They traded for him, made him the starter, let them hold him hostage and signed him to a multi-year deal (though they could get out after 1).  Bet your bottom dollar, if Fitz played well in year 2, there's a good chance he'd still be on this team.  

The bottom line is, Mac attempted to find a QB, failed and in the meantime, did nothing to build a competitive roster.  I'm sorry, I just patently disagree that those years didnt count because he didnt find Sam yet. 

Let put this another way; what if Mac hadnt landed Sam?  Does that mean he's still not rebuilding the roster?  Are we still waiting for the real rebuild because it's defined by finding a franchise QB?   The answer is no.  That would be insane. 

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'll agree McCown wasnt viewed as such but I disagree with Fitz.  They traded for him, made him the starter, let them hold him hostage and signed him to a multi-year deal (though they could get out after 1).  Bet your bottom dollar, if Fitz played well in year 2, there's a good chance he'd still be on this team.  

The bottom line is, Mac attempted to find a QB, failed and in the meantime, did nothing to build a competitive roster.  I'm sorry, I just patently disagree that those years didnt count because he didnt find Sam yet. 

Let put this another way; what if Mac hadnt landed Sam?  Does that mean he's still not rebuilding the roster?  Are we still waiting for the real rebuild because it's defined by finding a franchise QB?   The answer is no.  That would be insane. 

Would have been shown the door in January, as he should have been anyway.

Archived