Jump to content
SouthernJet

I am very happy so far, rebuild ahead of schedule IMHO

Recommended Posts

Me too. 

This is probably the last time for awhile we’ll have a top draft pick. Important to maximize that asset this year - have to hit on a star or get a bounty in a trade down

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

Chris Johnson is still here as I think he 'gets it' better than Woody.

Sounds like you do too.  Getting rid of Todd Bowles is a major upgrade.  I like the addition of Gase, Williams and Co. as well as the retention of Boyer. It will be great to have a competent, engaged and proactive coaching staff.  How refreshing.

  The offseason additions share the common thread of being upper tier free agents who are aggressive, young and talented.  Bell was a coupe, the jewel of the free agent class.  The cap money has been spent well and wisely.  The "culture" feels like it has changed.  That's the best and most important part of the rebuild.  Major building blocks are in place, now let's keep it going.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have the QB I am convinced of that so it could be.  Unfortunately we also have perhaps the worst drafting gm with no real plan so that is an issue.

To be a good team long term the franchise qb has to be good, the coaching has to be decent and you need at least adequate drafting.

At the rate Mac is adding pieces Darnold will be 35 before he assembles a roster.

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather have had another quality O-lineman the the LB we got.

I would have preferred we keep our kicker.

Other than that, it's been ok.  Better on paper than it could have been.

Bell + a maybe good O-lineman + a slot guy is ok.  Still need a #1 WR and one-two more O-linemen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ahead of schedule?  It's year 5. 

Mac running long game brosephine 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ahead of schedule?  It's year 5. 

I think this one is year 2 as they let bowles die on vine and made player and cap moves designed to stink in 2018 and have a new coach and DC in 2019.. i think chris Johnson and Mac had a Mtg where they said Bowles and his friend Kacy the Court Jester of XsOs and ingame adjustments is a idiot and we will start rebuilding with new coaches in mind 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We have the QB I am convinced of that so it could be.  Unfortunately we also have perhaps the worst drafting gm with no real plan so that is an issue.

To be a good team long term the franchise qb has to be good, the coaching has to be decent and you need at least adequate drafting.

At the rate Mac is adding pieces Darnold will be 35 before he assembles a roster.

most FA signings are done 3-10 days after 1st day of Free Agency. Look ta Pats. They will end up signing 6 guys you never heard of for cheap bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Which rebuild?

the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th?

This is year 2 of the 3rd Macc rebuild. The first two failed. The third one though. This is the one.

I’m optimistic about the team. Let’s see how the rest of free agency goes and the draft. I think we are 2 edge rushers, a center and a corner away from being serious contenders.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd rather have had another quality O-lineman the the LB we got.

I would have preferred we keep our kicker.

Other than that, it's been ok.  Better than worse.

ya we need OL bad, kicker was lots of dough, lots of dough.. I hope we cab get 1 or 2 short term Vet OL on cap cuts hoit before season starts. Then work the draft picks/ UDFAs in as depth. Have to get a Center,, just sign vet center guy w/smartest wunderlic as Center calls blocking assignments at LOS. ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ahead of schedule?  It's year 5. 

Reconstruction took like a hundred years 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Reconstruction took like a hundred years 

go back to the cinema.. i actually like captive state with John Goodman,,decent sc-fi, bot getting a oscar but kepy my interest up  enuf whhere I didnt have to pull hle in popcorn gag 😈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd rather have had another quality O-lineman the the LB we got.

I would have preferred we keep our kicker.

Other than that, it's been ok.  Better on paper than it could have been.

Bell + a maybe good O-lineman + a slot guy is ok.  Still need a #1 WR and one-two more O-linemen.

There really wasn't a #1 WR available in FA.

Are you looking for a trade or to catch lightning in the draft (trade back or Rd 3 or later)?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess if you look at it like every year constitutes a new rebuild, so it's not the 5th year, it's the 5th rebuild, then you can say this rebuild is off to a good start, but that's deffinetly delusional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Green beer is disgusting slop for amateurs. Drink a Guiness, Murphys, Beamish, Harp, or Smithwicks if you have a beer tomorrow. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'd rather have had another quality O-lineman the the LB we got.

I would have preferred we keep our kicker.

Other than that, it's been ok.  Better on paper than it could have been.

Bell + a maybe good O-lineman + a slot guy is ok.  Still need a #1 WR and one-two more O-linemen.

High praise...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Green beer is disgusting slop for amateurs. Drink a Guiness, Murphys, Beamish, Harp, or Smithwicks if you have a beer tomorrow. 

Green beer is the Jets color and its St.Patricks Day eve................Budweiser is my beer of choice..Thanks 

  • Butt Fumble 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

There really wasn't a #1 WR available in FA.

Are you looking for a trade or to catch lightning in the draft (trade back or Rd 3 or later)?

I would trade down, draft the top O-lineman in the Draft, then spend all my picks to move our 3rd as high as possible to get the best #1 WR propsect possible.

I don't think losing those 6th's and 7th mean much tbqh.

Sadly, I am all but sure we're standing pat and drafting more Defense.  Fine, but that unit better be elite with all the investment in it.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We have the QB I am convinced of that so it could be.  Unfortunately we also have perhaps the worst drafting gm with no real plan so that is an issue.

To be a good team long term the franchise qb has to be good, the coaching has to be decent and you need at least adequate drafting.

At the rate Mac is adding pieces Darnold will be 35 before he assembles a roster.

The good news is Mac will either learn how to draft much wiser, and learn to actually value the offensive line. If he fails at either, he is gone very soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I would trade down, draft the top O-lineman in the Draft, then spend all my picks to move our 3rd as high as possible to get the best #1 WR propsect possible.

I don't think losing those 6th's and 7th mean much tbqh.

Sadly, I am all but sure we're standing pat and drafting more Defense.  Fine, but that unit better be elite with all the investment in it.

Mac and his apologists excuses were Todd Bowles was the reason for the heavy hand Of D. We shall see if we draft offensive more in first few rounds for first time in a decade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

I think this one is year 2 as they let bowles die on vine and made player and cap moves designed to stink in 2018 and have a new coach and DC in 2019.. i think chris Johnson and Mac had a Mtg where they said Bowles and his friend Kacy the Court Jester of XsOs and ingame adjustments is a idiot and we will start rebuilding with new coaches in mind 2019

Hoping Johnson told Mac all your excuses have been fired! Either you nail FA and the draft or you will be on the next flight to TB to join them!

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

There is no rebuild without a franchise QB. It began last year. What happened prior was holding a team together with paperclips.

Yeah sadly that’s pretty much it. Starts and end with Sam. Drafting Christian Hackenburgh ate time like a freaking black hole. 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Crusher said:

Yeah sadly that’s pretty much it. Starts with Sam. Drafting Christian Hackenburgh ate time like a freaking black hole. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social
×