So the president is now Ed Reed....

Beerfish

30 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Except, Carlton Banks Adams also doesn't do much that contributes to wins in today's NFL.  Garrett put up 7 sacks in 9 starts in his rookie year, and put up 13.5 last year.  Odell scored a touchdown a game in his rookie year.  Carlton tackles running backs.  Occasionally behind the LOS.  Garrett and Odell will make the teams around them better.  Adams will be made better if we get him more dawgzzzz.

Lol what’s the giants and browns record the past 2 seasons with Odell and garrett? 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He didn't say he would be. 

"I'm not comparing us to them, but in a way, I'm saying it can be something special like that. And when I say that, I mean Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. That's the first thing that came in my mind and I hit him (Mosley) up. I told him we can do something special just like those guys if we put our minds to it and just keep working, stay humble and keep our faith. That's what I'm looking forward to."

I never said he did say that. Not sure if you meant to quote someone else.

My last line clearly indicates how I feel about the thread title.

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

JetNation, where Jets fans obsess over hating one of their best players. smh

I used to think that honestly. Then I realized it’s usually the people that are bored, lonely, and confused in their life. They simply want to act and see the complete opposite of the norm in order to receive some type of attention. 

56 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol what’s the giants and browns record the past 2 seasons with Odell and garrett

Did I suggest that any of them, including Carlton can do it all himself?

I'm simply stating that the things the other guys do, actually matter.

4 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Detroit was 5-11 in 1996. Barry Sanders rushed for 1553 yards and a 5.1 average. Therefore Barry Sanders sucked. Aristotelian illogic.

You can't compare the two. Sanders was a humble guy who as good as he was never showboated or ran his mouth. The guy was the epitome of class and grace on and off the field.

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But Barry Sanders didn't call himself the President.  Jamal strives to be the leader of the defense.  He's such a good leader and so good at football, we brought in CJ Mosley to be the QB of the defense. 

Mosley is here because of D. Lee and his lack of ability. and you already know that Mosely will be the mike and that is the Qb of the defense. and the reason is mike or ILB's are the Qb's of the defense. 

Adam's leadership is not in question nor is his ability to play. The Adams hate is really past the point of ridiculous. If you don't like the fact that he was picked at 6 overall, fine. But just stop with the nonsensical statements already.

But...but...Jamal let Rob Gronkowski catch a pass...you know...that guy Rob up in New England...WHO HAS THE GOAT AT QB THROWING TO HIM & just announced his retirement & every talking head remarked he was greatest TE of all time during his peak, that guy who made the big catch against KC, and then the Rams...that guy. 
Jamal Adams wants to be great, expects to be great but dag nabbitt, us Jet fans won't let THAT HAPPEN! We shun anyone who wants to be great, or plays 60 minutes, sh*t, that's only happened in the Parcells era for Christ sake. It's so foreign we can't stand it! We want more Holmes (just toss the ball if your hurt), or Mo Wilk, practice? Did someone say practice? 
Jet fans know the type of players we want....DOGS..not DAWGS.

Catch a pass? Gronkowski ate his lunch at will. Took over Jamal’s house, rested his balls on Jamal’s sofa, stole his woman, rearranged his tv favorites, ate his lunch and pissed on his lawn.... and all Jamal could do was watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

Catch a pass? Gronkowski ate his lunch at will. Took over Jamal’s house, rested his balls on Jamal’s sofa, stole his woman, rearranged his tv favorites, ate his lunch and pissed on his lawn.... and all Jamal could do was watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to respectfully suggest that a first or second year safety on a putrid defense getting burned by possibly the greatest TE in history by the biggest QB cheater in history with the biggest cheating coach in history in an era when every single rule favors the offense over defense and allows receivers to take any liberty they want-even resting their balls on a DBacks sofa - when a DBack can’t do a goddamn thing about it isn’t that big of an indictment. 

Jamal Adams is a really really good player.

Maybe you preferred Calvin Pryor or Kerry Rhodes.   

Nothing wrong with that.

4 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Actually Adams didn't really say anything that was that bad. I don't hate guy I just want him to shut up and play. Is that too much to ask? More plays, less mouth. Thats all I ask.

The issue is he's using his mouth to compensate/cover up his pretty just ok play. He has one career interception in a blow out over two seasons. It's actually worked for him as he's the face of the Jets and gets a ton of national attention.

Archived