So the president is now Ed Reed....

Beerfish

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But...but...Jamal let Rob Gronkowski catch a pass...you know...that guy Rob up in New England...WHO HAS THE GOAT AT QB THROWING TO HIM & just announced his retirement & every talking head remarked he was greatest TE of all time during his peak, that guy who made the big catch against KC, and then the Rams...that guy. 

Jamal Adams wants to be great, expects to be great but dag nabbitt, us Jet fans won't let THAT HAPPEN! We shun anyone who wants to be great, or plays 60 minutes, sh*t, that's only happened in the Parcells era for Christ sake. It's so foreign we can't stand it! We want more Holmes (just toss the ball if your hurt), or Mo Wilk, practice? Did someone say practice? 

Jet fans know the type of players we want....DOGS..not DAWGS.

Ed Reed is my favorite defender of all time. He can do no wrong.

I love Adams, but there is no way Adams will ever be Ed. Ed had an eidetic memory, deceptively elite speed, and ballhawking/baiting skillz like no one I've ever seen. Currently, their biggest commonality is their ability to yap (which I also love, because the NFL is entertainment, you old farts). But I love that Jamal wants to be the best and is undertaking every effort to walk the walk.

Also, this thread title rivals some of Dick and Manish's best work.

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

What Jet fan could possibly hate Jamaal Adams?

I’m confused. 

Meh.

Think most people realize he's a good S.  The never ending self promotion wears on you after a while though.  I'm at the point now that I get amused at his antics.  

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

The irony of being a Jamal hater is if he played on a different team there'd be multiple threads on this site saying we need to sign guys like that...

Indeed, how could we replace his interception?

3 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Detroit was 5-11 in 1996. Barry Sanders rushed for 1553 yards and a 5.1 average. Therefore Barry Sanders sucked. Aristotelian illogic.

But Barry Sanders didn't call himself the President.  Jamal strives to be the leader of the defense.  He's such a good leader and so good at football, we brought in CJ Mosley to be the QB of the defense. 

34 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I'm at the point now that I get amused at his antics.  

during games i actually laugh out loud... down by 3 Tds and he'll clebrate a run stop for 1 yd as if he made a goal line stand...  i think this happened in the finale..  goofball

Just now, Losmeister said:

during games i actually laugh out loud... down by 3 Tds and he'll clebrate a run stop for 1 yd as if he made a goal line stand...  i think this happened in the finale..  goofball 

He'd have gotten along well with the Gramatica brothers. 

Gramatica.gif

5 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Yeah but ya have to admit he has done a spectacular job of selling his brand

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Jamal Adams is a massive egomaniac and needs to STFU!!! Granted he's a pretty good player, but he's his own biggest fan. I wonder if he Strokes it to pictures of himself LOL?

Why is "Strokes" capitalized?

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Ed Reed is my favorite defender of all time. He can do no wrong.

I love Adams, but there is no way Adams will ever be Ed. Ed had an eidetic memory, deceptively elite speed, and ballhawking/baiting skillz like no one I've ever seen. Currently, their biggest commonality is their ability to yap (which I also love, because the NFL is entertainment, you old farts). But I love that Jamal wants to be the best and is undertaking every effort to walk the walk.

Also, this thread title rivals some of Dick and Manish's best work.

He didn't say he would be. 

"I'm not comparing us to them, but in a way, I'm saying it can be something special like that. And when I say that, I mean Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. That's the first thing that came in my mind and I hit him (Mosley) up. I told him we can do something special just like those guys if we put our minds to it and just keep working, stay humble and keep our faith. That's what I'm looking forward to."

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But Barry Sanders didn't call himself the President.  Jamal strives to be the leader of the defense.  He's such a good leader and so good at football, we brought in CJ Mosley to be the QB of the defense. 

He's a terrific player, but the idea of him considering/calling himself to be humble ("stay humble" presumes he believes himself to be humble already) is quite ridiculous. 

41 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Peebag only mentioned the record, as if that condemns the player. Which of course it doesn't. Jamal Adams is pumped. Doesn't bother me that he expresses it. 

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Deion did. IN COLLEGE. Before he did ANYTHING as a pro

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Jamal Adams and the #3 overall pick would not get us Myles Garrett.

That’s irrelevant to this whole thing. The poster used the Jets record to say that Jamal Adams is awful. That’s one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. And I’ve said some dumb things here. I wonder if Gastineau got this much hate when the 1980 Jets were one of the worst teams in football. 

Regardless to what Myles Garrett is, and he should be better than Jamal Adams; he was drafted higher although that can be relative. Determining the quality of a player by their teams record IN a team sport is crap

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That’s irrelevant to this whole thing. The poster used the Jets record to say that Jamal Adams is awful. That’s one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. And I’ve said some dumb things here. I wonder if Gastineau got this much hate when the 1980 Jets were one of the worst teams in football. 

Except, Carlton Banks Adams also doesn't do much that contributes to wins in today's NFL.  Garrett put up 7 sacks in 9 starts in his rookie year, and put up 13.5 last year.  Odell scored a touchdown a game in his rookie year.  Carlton tackles running backs.  Occasionally behind the LOS.  Garrett and Odell will make the teams around them better.  Adams will be made better if we get him more dawgzzzz.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Jamal Adams hit him up?  

Jamal Adams is the GM of New York Jets.  Make no mistake about.  Mac actually just drinks Dunkin Donuts all day long. 

Let’s hope the real gm is Gase. If it’s Mac or Adams Sam will have a bad OL, no weapons to throw to his entire jet career 

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Meh.

Think most people realize he's a good S.  The never ending self promotion wears on you after a while though.  I'm at the point now that I get amused at his antics.  

I'm not a big self promotion fan but its going to happen--it's what the modern athlete has become.

If it's done in a respectful manner and puts the team in a good light I'm actually ok with it.

If it's at the expense of the team or disrespectful to the team--like OBJ--then I'm totally against it. 

Self promote but don't be a jerkoff about it.  Adams isn't a jerkoff.

Having said that, Jamal Adams is one of the best players we've had on the team in a long time.  He's not Ed Reed and never said he was.  But he's a damn fine football player, a leader and a great locker room guy. Don't care where he was drafted.  Give me 11 guys like him on defense any day.  

Archived