Jamal Adams envisions 'special' duo with C.J. Mosley

facebook_icon.svg  
  twitter_icon.svg  
  email_icon.svg  
Print
  • 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: April 10, 2019 at 07:53 a.m.

The addition of C.J. Mosley unquestionably upgrades the New York Jets. Safety Jamal Adams has an ambitious goal for himself and the linebacker to reach: A Ray Lewis, Ed Reed-level.

"It's exciting, it's crazy," Adams said, via the team's official network. "I'm not comparing us to them, but in a way, I'm saying it can be something special like that. And when I say that, I mean Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. That's the first thing that came in my mind and I hit him (Mosley) up. I told him we can do something special just like those guys if we put our minds to it and just keep working, stay humble and keep our faith. That's what I'm looking forward to."

Different players. Different teams. Different eras.

Comparing Adams and Mosley to Hall of Famers Reed and Lewis would be an aimless endeavor at this point. There is no comparison other than they play the same positions. And yet, it's foolish for Adams' goal to be anything but the best -- professional athletes can't operate otherwise -- so targeting the likes of Reed and Lewis as an example for himself and Mosley to build on seems natural.

Adams knows the addition of Mosley, a very good player but not revolutionary like Lewis, alone won't propel the Jets from mediocre to dominant. It will take a lot more grit and talent to make that jump.

"We're getting there, brick by brick," he said. "We just have to keep stacking, keep working and have the team continue to get closer to each other because that's what it's about. As long as you have a good locker room, good guys in there, guys that want to win, guys that are eager to win and a coaching staff that is very talented that we have, you can't get any better. So when you add it all together, it's going to be special."

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Jamal Adams envisions 'special' duo with C.J. Mosley

The addition of C.J. Mosley unquestionably upgrades the New York Jets. Safety Jamal Adams has an ambitious goal for himself and the linebacker to reach: A Ray Lewis, Ed Reed-level.

"It's exciting, it's crazy," Adams said, via the team's official network. "I'm not comparing us to them, but in a way, I'm saying it can be something special like that. And when I say that, I mean Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. That's the first thing that came in my mind and I hit him (Mosley) up. I told him we can do something special just like those guys if we put our minds to it and just keep working, stay humble and keep our faith. That's what I'm looking forward to."

Different players. Different teams. Different eras.

Comparing Adams and Mosley to Hall of Famers Reed and Lewis would be an aimless endeavor at this point. There is no comparison other than they play the same positions. And yet, it's foolish for Adams' goal to be anything but the best -- professional athletes can't operate otherwise -- so targeting the likes of Reed and Lewis as an example for himself and Mosley to build on seems natural.

Adams knows the addition of Mosley, a very good player but not revolutionary like Lewis, alone won't propel the Jets from mediocre to dominant. It will take a lot more grit and talent to make that jump.

"We're getting there, brick by brick," he said. "We just have to keep stacking, keep working and have the team continue to get closer to each other because that's what it's about. As long as you have a good locker room, good guys in there, guys that want to win, guys that are eager to win and a coaching staff that is very talented that we have, you can't get any better. So when you add it all together, it's going to be special."

Come on Beer, he literally said he sees potential for something special, not that they are lewis and reed. 

I got very excited when I saw the thread title, but then I read the actual quotes and Adams didn’t say anything wrong here. One quibble, though: in this scenario, he’s Dawan Landry, not Ed Reed. Adams could become Dawan Landry, so, double bonus for him today. You go, Jamal Adams.

17 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Jamal Adams is a massive egomaniac and needs to STFU!!! Granted he's a pretty good player, but he's his own biggest fan. I wonder if he Strokes it to pictures of himself LOL?

Nothing better than calling out someone as being an egomaniac while LOLing at your own joke....that wasn't even funny unless you're an 11 year old. 

Oh my god.

One of our players is striving to raise his level of play to that of an all time great.

How DARE he want to become the best of the best!

Next thing you know, he's going to express his desire to win games and - gasp! - even the SuperBowl.

He should know better than that.

Just now, peebag said:

yep, he did.  On a 4-12 team.

Khalil Mack's record on the Raiders was 28-28 therefore he isn't that good. 

The only player you judge by their record is a QB. You stick the best defensive player or offensive lineman or WR on the Jets last year and they still have a losing record. 

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

The irony of being a Jamal hater is if he played on a different team there'd be multiple threads on this site saying we need to sign guys like that...

Since you brought it up. What type of $$ you rhink jamal is going to demand when his rookie deal is up ? Will he hold out if jets slap tag on him ? I feel mevis set a bad example here, he got paid huge here, after pulling the hold up basically twice 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just looked it up and Dawan Landry was a pretty good player for a long time. 

06 and 09 seasons he had combined 9 picks, almost 200 return yards with 2 TD's, 3 sacks, 175+ tackles with 10 being TFL's. Those are some crazy stats for the guy who's mostly known as LaRon Landry's brother.

27 minutes ago, genot said:

If we had more players that played at his level, our record wouldn't be 4-12. Unless you think he's partially responsible for that record. I hope you don't.

Which players weren’t playing to the level of Jamal Adams? 

no chance. unless people only read the thread title

I know. It’s terrible that he should be quoted saying he needs to keep working hard and wants to take the initiative to be great.

I can totally see how people hate that.

The haters really need to check themselves on their actual motives. This is probably the weakest attempt to have an issue yet.
The uni issues were/are funny but this is actually bordering sad.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, MindOverMatter said:

06 and 09 seasons he had combined 9 picks, almost 200 return yards with 2 TD's, 3 sacks, 175+ tackles with 10 being TFL's. Those are some crazy stats for the guy who's mostly known as LaRon Landry's brother.

Word. I didn’t realize he had game like that. Never even made the pro bowl

Archived