They are killing the Giants

More Cowbell

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

To give alittle more credit, Jones had a personal workout with the Giants and I heard that he blew the doors off. 

Still didnt warrant picking him 6th overall though. 

Gettleman basically said with that pick that Jones is better than Sam Darnold. 

I dont believe that

Did Gettleman actually say that or you're surmising that?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did Gettleman actually say that or you're surmising that?

???

32 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

To give alittle more credit, Jones had a personal workout with the Giants and I heard that he blew the doors off. 

I dont believe that

17 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Wow.  Apparently attending a couple of QB camps with the Mannings makes you great.

I can almost understand the Giants convincing themselves of this considering the success they've had under Eli.  But they still could've probably gotten Jones in the 2nd round (or late 1st if they were so worried).

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can almost understand the Giants convincing themselves of this considering the success they've had under Eli.  But they still could've probably gotten Jones in the 2nd round (or late 1st if they were so worried).

???

37 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont believe that

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Did he ACTUALLY say this or you're just assuming so based on the fact that Gettleman used the 6th pick on Jones?  Keep in mind that Darnold was drafted at #3.  

The 3rd overall pick (in theory) should be better than the 6th overall pick.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did he ACTUALLY say this or you're just assuming so based on the fact that Gettleman used the 6th pick on Jones?  Keep in mind that Darnold was drafted at #3.  

The 3rd overall pick (in theory) should be better than the 6th overall pick.

???

42 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont believe that

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Where are you coming up with this stuff?  Is it because Gettleman passed on Darnold at #2 and took Jones at #6? 

If so, how do you know he didn't think Saquon could be the GOAT RB?  He did talk "gold jacket" in reference to Saquon.

49 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont believe that

Gettleman has stepped up and  put his own chin on the meathook.  Giants probably would like to stop him now before the draft continues.  I see this as his last year here.

52 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Gettleman basically said with that pick that Jones is better than Sam Darnold

I dont believe that

This is not a good look...

For you

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Where are you coming up with this stuff? 

From Gettleman's actions, not his words. 

Is it because Gettleman passed on Darnold at #2 and took Jones at #6? 

Yes. 

If so, how do you know he didn't think Saquon could be the GOAT RB?  He did talk "gold jacket" in reference to Saquon.

I do know that this is what he thought, given his decisions. The problem is that many folks thought 3 things. 

#1. Saquan would be a revolutionary RB

#2. Sam Darnold could be the best prospect since Andrew Luck

#3. Daniel Jones was a 2nd round pick at the earliest and is not a day 1 starter, let alone a top 6 selection. 

The reason why folks believe Gettleman to be so bad is his reasoning and decision making. Gettleman could have believed that Saquan is a better RB than Sam is a QB, but Sam clearly is more impactful given his position and Saquan's position can be found much easier than Sam's. Maybe not on the level of Saquan, but it isnt every year that a prospect is considered the best since Andrew Luck. 

What would have been better? Saquan and Jones or Darnold and Chubb? 

Giants fans themselves are saying that Gettleman has basically wasted Saquan's career and he's only finished 1 season. I dont entirely believe that, but I understand where the statement is coming from. 

Gettleman to have passed on Darnold at #2 for Saquon yet draft Jones, a guy he could have drafted in the 2nd round with a top 6 pick speaks volumes. 

It speaks on how bad he's been as a GM, but his actions over the past 2 seasons does say something. 

However, if you need to know if he said something verbally, though Im talking about his actions, then the answer is "no, he didnt". 

15 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Couple things that bother me:

Huh. You picked a guy based ON THE SENIOR BOWL? ARE YOU NUTS?

Also:

I'm sure Giants fans will be glad to hear this possibility

Did anyone even listen to Jones’ interview?

He literally said I can’t wait to go learn from Eli. He is not even expecting to start or compete.

Say what you want about his talent as the 6th pick compared to available options, but one thing you can’t deny is that the Giants drafted a player who’s goals/brand are aligned with theirs at the most important position on the field.

7 hours ago, Nixhead said:

This is way worse than Hackenberg. Hack was a 2nd round pick. This was an early 1st round pick. They blew this one big time. Mac is not a good GM but Gettleman is horrible. 

okay, but Daniel Jones is a much better prospect than Hackenberg was. Top 6 talent? No, but Hackenberg should of went undrafted. I think he was a worse pick. 

16 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

From Gettleman's actions, not his words. 

Yes. 

I do know that this is what he thought, given his decisions. The problem is that many folks thought 3 things. 

#1. Saquan would be a revolutionary RB

#2. Sam Darnold could be the best prospect since Andrew Luck

#3. Daniel Jones was a 2nd round pick at the earliest and is not a day 1 starter, let alone a top 6 selection. 

The reason why folks believe Gettleman to be so bad is his reasoning and decision making. Gettleman could have believed that Saquan is a better RB than Sam is a QB, but Sam clearly is more impactful given his position and Saquan's position can be found much easier than Sam's. Maybe not on the level of Saquan, but it isnt every year that a prospect is considered the best since Andrew Luck. 

What would have been better? Saquan and Jones or Darnold and Chubb? 

Giants fans themselves are saying that Gettleman has basically wasted Saquan's career and he's only finished 1 season. I dont entirely believe that, but I understand where the statement is coming from. 

Gettleman to have passed on Darnold at #2 for Saquon yet draft Jones, a guy he could have drafted in the 2nd round with a top 6 pick speaks volumes. 

It speaks on how bad he's been as a GM, but his actions over the past 2 seasons does say something. 

However, if you need to know if he said something verbally, though Im talking about his actions, then the answer is "no, he didnt". 

So you're making it up.  Gotcha!

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

RIghtfully so - Gettleman is the league's worst GM and will be fired within the next couple of years. He's completely destroyed a solid franchise and it started when he committed to Eli with Barkley over Darnold.

That has hints of ownership meddling, to me 

49 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The irony of Jets fans making fun of any teams draft picks after what Macc did last night is ridiculous

Huh?

I'm not thrilled with the pick but Williams was kind of a no brainer. Most people had him ranked as the best player in the draft. 

The Giants took a QB with 4th round talent at 6 overall. 

4 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

Huh?

I'm not thrilled with the pick but Williams was kind of a no brainer. Most people had him ranked as the best player in the draft. 

The Giants took a QB with 4th round talent at 6 overall. 

I'm not a fan of Jones but that's just wrong. He was ranked as a top 40 prospect on many boards and was projected to go in the 1st round. People get too tied up in value. If you like a guy, take him. That's why the Jets keep drafting defensive tackles who don't live up to expectations bc of perceived value.

Just now, BigRy56 said:

The Jets are across the board being praised for a great pick

He's a good player but the wrong pick for what the Jets need. My gripe isn't about the player. They need to get this GM away from Darnold bc he's a QB killer. He only cares about defense.

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

He's a good player but the wrong pick for what the Jets need. My gripe isn't about the player. They need to get this GM away from Darnold bc he's a QB killer. He only cares about defense.

I don't know - I don't see him only caring about defense. He landed us the best QB prospect we've had since Namath and provided him with an all-pro offensive weapon this off-season. He also brought in Crowder, who will be a nice piece with Enunwa/Anderson/Herndon.

Yes, we have a need at center and potentially LT in the next year or two but none of that was going to be addressed at 3. No OL even went in the top 10 and there wasn't much offensive action in the first half of the draft. Mac tried to trade down and nobody took the bait... the quarterbacks weren't there this year.

Let's see what he does today - I imagine it's going to be defense unless someone unforeseen slides and that's purely because of where the talent is. The Giants drafted Jones on need and panic and they're getting slammed - that's how you get fired.

Archived