They are killing the Giants

More Cowbell

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

I don't know - I don't see him only caring about defense. He landed us the best QB prospect we've had since Namath and provided him with an all-pro offensive weapon this off-season. He also brought in Crowder, who will be a nice piece with Enunwa/Anderson/Herndon.

Yes, we have a need at center and potentially LT in the next year or two but none of that was going to be addressed at 3. No OL even went in the top 10 and there wasn't much offensive action in the first half of the draft. Mac tried to trade down and nobody took the bait... the quarterbacks weren't there this year.

Let's see what he does today - I imagine it's going to be defense unless someone unforeseen slides and that's purely because of where the talent is. The Giants drafted Jones on need and panic and they're getting slammed - that's how you get fired.

What you just said is exactly the problem with this front office. There is plenty of offensive line talent left but they'll take defense. That's pretty much a guarantee. Based on his drafting and good FA signings Macc has a definite defense first mentality. That's not good when you have a young franchise QB to develop. It's counter productive.

I don't give Macc credit for Darnold bc he had to make that trade. He would've been fired had he missed out on a QB. 

He added Crowder to a bad receiving core that is now average, added Bell (which I love), added Osemele (which I like).

Both tackles are free agents next year and they still need a starting Center. That's a problem. Next year is supposed to be one of the best skill position drafts in a long time and the Jets will be drafting offensive lineman. It just never ends with this clown.

6 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You don’t draft for need. That gets you in trouble

The Falcons just did that this year and took 2 offensive lineman. They took a Guard who was ranked outside of the top 40 on most boards at 14. Do you think those fans will care where he was picked when Matt Ryan has all day to throw? The Colts did it last year as well. 

Had they drafted Jonah at #3 it would've been higher than he was projected to go but the value to the team would've been through the roof. Perceived value (Quinnen) and actual value to the team are two completely different things. That pick last night did nothing to help this team win games. The Jets did not get better yesterday. All they did was replace Leo.

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Falcons just did that this year and took 2 offensive lineman. They took a Guard who was ranked outside of the top 40 on most boards at 14. Do you think those fans will care where he was picked when Matt Ryan has all day to throw? The Colts did it last year as well. 

Had they drafted Jonah at #3 it would've been higher than he was projected to go but the value to the team would've been through the roof. Perceived value (Quinnen) and actual value to the team are two completely different things. That pick last night did nothing to help this team win games. The Jets did not get better yesterday. All they did was replace Leo.

If they drafted Jonah Williams at 3 they would have been roasted

9 minutes ago, choon328 said:

What you just said is exactly the problem with this front office. There is plenty of offensive line talent left but they'll take defense. That's pretty much a guarantee. Based on his drafting and good FA signings Macc has a definite defense first mentality. That's not good when you have a young franchise QB to develop. It's counter productive.

I don't give Macc credit for Darnold bc he had to make that trade. He would've been fired had he missed out on a QB. 

He added Crowder to a bad receiving core that is now average, added Bell (which I love), added Osemele (which I like).

Both tackles are free agents next year and they still need a starting Center. That's a problem. Next year is supposed to be one of the best skill position drafts in a long time and the Jets will be drafting offensive lineman. It just never ends with this clown.

We're set to have a big amount of money to spend again next year. So I think if we need to we can sign OL and still draft skill position players. 

To make that statement that they might sit him for 3 years shows how truly moronic and clueless Gettleman is. That seems to imply that he believes his current roster is good enough to compete because why would you keep playing Eli unless you believe that is the case. Which goes back to why would they draft Jones to sit him 3 years on a rookie deal when they could have addressed more necessary needs like protecting Eli while also trading away his best weapon.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I’m not the only one saying it 

you're right - I'm hearing it as well.  crazy.  saying Geno's one game was the only one EVER for the giants.  like EVER?  wow.  and the coach got fired the next week.

whether it's true or not, couldn't happen to a nicer team and fanbase!

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

I'm not a fan of Jones but that's just wrong. He was ranked as a top 40 prospect on many boards and was projected to go in the 1st round. People get too tied up in value. If you like a guy, take him. That's why the Jets keep drafting defensive tackles who don't live up to expectations bc of perceived value.

That's not how the draft works. 

You don't take a guy at 6 overall you can likely get at 40 overall because you are passing up a talent at 6 who isn't gonna be there at 40. 

8 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

They wish they drafted Wilkins, they got a pure NT @ 17 in Lawrence when they could have kept Snacks, even though he was expensive. Both our division rivals Miami and Buffalo picked up great DT's.

I think Snacks was too injured to keep playing

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

This is a really really dumb post.

The Jets drafted yet another DE in the 1st round tonight, and you’re worried about Gettleman and the Giants. Hackenburg was so bad he never even got on the field. Jones hasn’t even signed a contract yet, but you’re already saying he’s a worse pick then Hack? Give me a frigging break.

You, I, nor anyone else knows how this kid is going to turn out, but he is a 1st round talent, whether you can see it or not. That is how he was rated prior to the draft.

BTW The Giants also got Lawrence, who played alongside and is probably as good as QW, and a top rated CB in the 1st round tonight along with Jones. I’d say they and Gettlemanhad a better night then the Jets and Macc did.

Sorry but this is about as stupid a post as it gets. They could have drafted Allen, Oliver, or they could have traded down, got some picks and still selected this scrub. This was the 6th pick in the draft. This was a unmitigated disaster.  

I've never in my life seen the Giants get crucified like this in the media and I'm loving every second of it. The golden child has become a legitimate laughing stock -- like, no joke, they are the biggest laughing stock in the NFL right now. Gettleman jokes, quips, memes. Reaction videos of suicidal Giants fans. Redskins, Cowboys, and Eagles fans shoveling dirt on the grave. It's been an absolute joy to behold.

29 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I've never in my life seen the Giants get crucified like this in the media and I'm loving every second of it. The golden child has become a legitimate laughing stock -- like, no joke, they are the biggest laughing stock in the NFL right now. Gettleman jokes, quips, memes. Reaction videos of suicidal Giants fans. Redskins, Cowboys, and Eagles fans shoveling dirt on the grave. It's been an absolute joy to behold.

We only have 3 to Go...

38 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I hear ya

Big time Giants hater I hate them more than even the patriots they are getting barbecued today and rightfully so.  Jones is a poor man’s Tannehill

I'm not going to knock them for picking this particular QB. But I will knock them for not trading down. He could have been had at a much lower pick, but we never truly know other teams' draft boards, and if they think he's their guy, why risk missing out on him?

Now, with our pick, my beef isn't with Williams himself. Love him as a player and as a person. I think he'll be a force to be reckoned with. But there were plenty of quality guys at positions of need, like Hill at OT.

3 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I'm not going to knock them for picking this particular QB. But I will knock them for not trading down. He could have been had at a much lower pick, but we never truly know other teams' draft boards, and if they think he's their guy, why risk missing out on him?

Now, with our pick, my beef isn't with Williams himself. Love him as a player and as a person. I think he'll be a force to be reckoned with. But there were plenty of quality guys at positions of need, like Hill at OT.

It’s amazing that 15 different teams couldn’t trade down simultaneously 

45 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

The last time I remember it being this bad was the Ray Handley days.

This is a really really dumb post.
The Jets drafted yet another DE in the 1st round tonight, and you’re worried about Gettleman and the Giants. Hackenburg was so bad he never even got on the field. Jones hasn’t even signed a contract yet, but you’re already saying he’s a worse pick then Hack? Give me a frigging break.
You, I, nor anyone else knows how this kid is going to turn out, but he is a 1st round talent, whether you can see it or not. That is how he was rated prior to the draft.
BTW The Giants also got Lawrence, who played alongside and is probably as good as QW, and a top rated CB in the 1st round tonight along with Jones. I’d say they and Gettlemanhad a better night then the Jets and Macc did.

A lot of the criticism is because there are a lot of people who didn’t rate him as a first round talent.

Williams is not a DE. He is a tackle.

And virtually no one would agree that Lawrence “is probably as good as QW. “

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

To give alittle more credit, Jones had a personal workout with the Giants and I heard that he blew the doors off. 
Still didnt warrant picking him 6th overall though. 
Gettleman basically said with that pick that Jones is better than Sam Darnold. 
I dont believe that

Neither does anyone else. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived