How can Gregg Williams use stud DL better than Bowles?

He can't scheme them any worse = he can just put them on the field and tell them "get it f&*king done or I'll roast your b+**s on a stick after the game!" 

The lack of incentive/reward/punishment in the last regime was just astounding, No consequences for poor play, and no reward for good play. :smilies2_puke:

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

i guess the trick is to find out who's going to spell mcclendon at nose or are they going to use a 4 man line with the williams bros, anderson and sheppard.  or maybe qwill starts at nose with leo and anderson as the ends.

I think we're going to see QW at NT quite a bit.  In fact, I think QW could end up all over the line.

Henry Anderson - QW - Leo Williams

QW - McClendon - Leo Williams

Anderson - QW - McClendon - Leo Williams

...and I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd and long alignment like......

Anderson - QW - Leo Williams - Polite

• Upvote 1

There is a lot of versatility in what you can do with a top 4 of Anderson, QW, Leo and McLendon while also getting each of them some rest throughout the game.  

I do think QW's best position will be NT so hopefully McLendon can be a good mentor and work with him on his technique as much as possible

7 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I think we're going to see QW at NT quite a bit.  In fact, I think QW could end up all over the line.

Henry Anderson - QW - Leo Williams

QW - McClendon - Leo Williams

Anderson - QW - McClendon - Leo Williams

...and I wouldn't mind seeing a 3rd and long alignment like......

Anderson - QW - Leo Williams - Polite

yep.  leo and anderson are probably probably going to stay on the ends and mcclendon/qwill will be in the middle.  they'll work out.  i don't think we'll be seeing any of them dropping into coverage.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, rangerous said:

i guess the trick is to find out who's going to spell mcclendon at nose or are they going to use a 4 man line with the williams bros, anderson and sheppard.  or maybe qwill starts at nose with leo and anderson as the ends.

I doubt McLendoon plays a lot of downs.  There will also not be a decebnt number of plays shere anyone plays nose.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, shevys said:

Wilkerson no doubt. Would have to disagree about Sheldon though. He was good and often playing out of position.

Wilkerson could play.  He was just a clubhouse clown and a threat for suspension. Mo was a big fat lazy fake

9 minutes ago, jack48 said:

I doubt McLendoon plays a lot of downs.  There will also not be a decebnt number of plays shere anyone plays nose.

yep, i agree.  mcclendon is on the backside and his position will need to be taken by qwill or someone else.  or they are talking 3-4 now but actually play more 4-3.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

yep, i agree.  mcclendon is on the backside and his position will need to be taken by qwill or someone else.  or they are talking 3-4 now but actually play more 4-3.

I like McClendon, but how does he stay on the roster for veteran money will all the draft picks.  Another example of Mac mismanagement 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, jack48 said:

Shepard or Foley need to step up & turn the old man McClendon into a backup role. That's why we drafted these dudes!

I think Gregg Williams’ biggest contribution to this team will be ensuring accountability and motivating, more so than X’s & O’s.

Bowles held no one accountable and provided a zombie paced culture. Add on to the fact that his “scheme” was always absolutely ridiculous. Sheldon Richardson as an edge rusher?...

It seemed Bowles was content with the DL clogging up the middle, keeping the OL busy, so he could rush 1 or 2 from the secondary.

I expect Williams to have his DL rush aggressively and let the secondary ya know...try and cover.

13 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Its hard to forget how arkward the Wilkerson, Richardson, Williams looked at times when all were healthy at the same time. 

When did the three together, healthy look "arkward"?  When Richardson was playing LB.  

13 hours ago, rangerous said:

Don't forget on a 4 man line Polite likely steps up and plays the weak side DE, with both Williams in the middle and Anderson at the other DE spot. The LBs would be Mosley, Jenkins, and maybe Copeland or Luvu.