The Sinister Tale of Green Blood Hollow

Please excuse yet another thread but interest was higher than I actually expected in playing a game and I figure if we're going to do it we should do it right.

If you want to play please clearly sign up in this thread.

The theme is Werewolves and the game is more of a DPR style, light on power roles but with a couple twists to keep you interested.

It will be a hammer game. If anyone has a preference for deadlines (ie not on weekends, before 11PM PST, etc) please state so when you sign up and I'll try my best to accommodate everyone's wishes.

Lizzie will be my co-mod so what he says goes if I'm not around.

If I missed anything just post and let me know.

2 hours ago, Nolder said:

@JiF  @The Crusher @Jetscode1  @BrickTamland @Jetsfan80 @Stark @CTM @Verbal

You all posted in the last thread and most of you seemed interested in playing.

I'm basically counting on this group to actually make it a game, anyone else will be cherries on top.

If I sign up to play I will play until I am either voted out or the game ends. I won't leave the game hanging, unless there is an unforeseen emergency.

30 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Vote Nolder

YOU CANT DO THAT IM THE MOD WTF

16 minutes ago, Stark said:

If I sign up to play I will play until I am either voted out or the game ends. I won't leave the game hanging, unless there is an unforeseen emergency.

Sure ok. Sign ups will probably go a couple days at least just let me know.

7 hours ago, Nolder said:

Idk it looks like interest died overnight.

I dont think there was every any interest.

I'd play but lets be real, the game is going to suck and nobody is going to put forth any effort. 

Mafia is dead.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, JiF said:

I dont think there was every any interest.

Then people are lying. Either to all of us or to themselves.

47 minutes ago, JiF said:

I'd play but lets be real, the game is going to suck and nobody is going to put forth any effort. 

Mafia is dead.

That's up to the people here. Mafia is still played daily all over the internet.

If you guys want to play then play. If you want to play but don't really want to commit the time I understand but just say so.I

Don't jerk us all around. That's all I have to say about that.

And that's not directed at you jif I'm just piggybacking off your comment.

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

Then people are lying. Either to all of us or to themselves.

That's up to the people here. Mafia is still played daily all over the internet.

If you guys want to play then play. If you want to play but don't really want to commit the time I understand but just say so.I

Don't jerk us all around. That's all I have to say about that.

And that's not directed at you jif I'm just piggybacking off your comment.

I just meant, mafia is dead on JN.  Even if you get people signed up, like the last few games that have been run, nobody actually participates.  It's like, everyone like the idea in theory but nobody actually plays once the game is started. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, JiF said:

I just meant, mafia is dead on JN.  Even if you get people signed up, like the last few games that have been run, nobody actually participates.  It's like, everyone like the idea in theory but nobody actually plays once the game is started. 

People are here to joke around and now that 80 lost his virginity we don’t even have that. 

Honestly Nolder's game with the 12 hr deadlines is what's detering me. I don't want to play a game like that again. Feels cheated to put forth effort only to have a rushed lynch or random at deadline.

Thanks for offering to mod Nolder, and I appreciate what you were attempting to do but it's just not for me.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, CTM said:

Honestly Nolder's game with the 12 hr deadlines is what's detering me. I don't want to play a game like that again. Feels cheated to put forth effort only to have a rushed lynch or random at deadline.

Thanks for offering to mod Nolder, and I appreciate what you were attempting to do but it's just not for me.

@Chimp the Pimp

22 hours ago, JiF said:

Yeah that's what I was trying to say basically. 

17 hours ago, CTM said:

Ok first of all GFY.

With that said I don't do "12 hr deadlines".

My NORMAL/USUAL way of doing things is to set a deadline 3 days from the start of day (and yes sometimes that lands on weekends) OR to have no deadline until I feel the game is lagging and then set a deadline for 2 days from when I set it (which also sometimes falls on weekends). I really don't think any game needs a Day phase that lasts longer than 2 or 3 RL days.

There have been a FEW games I did recently which didn't adhere to how I USUALLY do things such as that Storage Wars game which had special rules because, ya know, it had special mechanics. I appreciate that that didn't turn out as fun as I'd hoped it would have but hey I tried something new and it sucked so sue me.

Besides that game I think I did do another game with short deadlines because I was trying something out. Ya'll used to do just fine with games with 24 hour deadlines don't act like I'm the only one who's ever done it. I thought it might push people into playing more since most of the time you all just wait out the clock until the very last minute to lynch someone anyway so what's the difference? But obviously that didn't work out too well either because you're not the only one who got frustrated with it.

REGARDLESS, I said in the OP that I was going to set deadlines in accordance with what worked best for the players. Maybe you missed that part? If you just don't want me to mod that's cool I don't mind but you could have just said so instead of making it about deadlines. Like honestly I'm more offended about the deadlines than I would be if you just said you didn't like my games. I know I've had a string of bad games here which is really unfortunate but hey I dug that hole on my own so no one to blame but myself for trying weird sh*t. This was not going to be one of those games but whatever too late now I guess.

I thought I had a fun game and I wanted to share it with you all but it looks like either you're not the only one who doesn't want to play in one of my games or the enthusiasm died as soon as sign ups were actually open. Whatever the case may be I guess I'll just call it a day and bounce. Maybe Lizzie or Nyn will mod for you guys. If you get something going feel free to shoot me a PM.