Some interesting comments from Kirwan /Carucci on Douglas hire

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

you meant Crowell.

Yes that's who I meant. I was just spit ballin...throwing up stuff of the top of my head. 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Well Chris has been running the team 2 years.

He just fired Bowles and Macc.

Both worked under Woody a lot longer than under Chris.

Trying to figure out firing your HC & GM after two seasons isnt firing guys after they failed and "...how about let's waste a few more years lol."

I like the direction the team is moving towards.  I like the players in charge today more than before.  The team is now, admittedly after being trashed being lauded for hiring JD, I wanted Gase the minute he was fired in Miami, I like how he connects with players and others like Douglas who mentioned it at his presser.

Yeah two years I'd mistakes .

Sure did man nothing gets past you.

Yeah and Woody would have fired them after they getting thier shot. Your boy was like let's keep this show going till after this year's draft. Say what you want but everyone knew they sucked. Should have been gone on his day 1

I am with you on the last point. Yeah like the direction. I wasn't a Gase fan but I think it's way better than bowls and way better than McCarthy so it's by default awesome.

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

We got roasted by Bowles and MacCagnan.

Can't judge a system when your two leaders are ****ing morons.

I am excited for our future.

True. So hard to make any judgement on players talent when they have been wasted here. Leo is prime example. But the whole roster. Who knows how good they are when the coaching and playing calling is so bad I'm calling plays from the couch.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Yes that's who I meant. I was just spit ballin...throwing up stuff of the top of my head. 

Yeah two years I'd mistakes .

Sure did man nothing gets past you.

Yeah and Woody would have fired them after they getting thier shot. Your boy was like let's keep this show going till after this year's draft. Say what you want but everyone knew they sucked. Should have been gone on his day 1

I am with you on the last point. Yeah like the direction. I wasn't a Gase fan but I think it's way better than bowls and way better than McCarthy so it's by default awesome.

True. So hard to make any judgement on players talent when they have been wasted here. Leo is prime example. But the whole roster. Who knows how good they are when the coaching and playing calling is so bad I'm calling plays from the couch.

Fair enough

22 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Was listening to NFLN on Sirius yesterday and Kirwan and Curruci made some really interesting observations about the Douglas hire. They basically said:

1. The Jets are AHEAD of the curve in their coach and GM combo. Said that in today's NFL the model that works is to have a GM and HC that are really in lockstep and work as a team. Carucci spent a lot of time comparing the situation to Levy/Polian in Buffalo and said that the Jets are potentially duplicating that type of situation

2. Kirwan, said, which shocked me, that the organizational structure of GM having all the power and the Head Coach reporting to him is not effective in the modern NFL. He thinks the Head Coach is more important than the GM and that they should be equals, both reporting to the President, with the Head Coach actually having more influence than the GM. Jets get roasted routinely for this structure but both guys think it is actually the right structure

3. Both think Douglas will be an awesome GM, and even more so because he is aligned with Gase.

Jets lost out on the triumverate in 1982 when Holmgren said no, Favre was missed in the draft and Wolf went to GB as GM. Hopefully the Jets got it right this time with Darnold, Gase and Douglas.

• Upvote 1

On 6/13/2019 at 10:12 AM, Jet Nut said:

Who are these mythically qualified owners we've missed on having?  Who comes into the league, drop the money it takes and are qualified?  This is the most overstated idea.  JJones played college football and is a boob when it comes to running a team on his own.  Thats after winning SBs with JJohnson and Switzer.  Went almost 20 years without a playoff win.  Who cares, no one is qualified.  I keep asking, what owner did what exactly to win games and how?  Other than winning the crap shoot of hiring the right GM or HC or luch out because they were in a position to get the right QB.  CJ has been fine.  If these two work out hes done a great job. 

The stadium isnt ugly inside.  Nothing about it is, unless you dont like grey.  Big friggen deal, they went with a neutral color since there are two teams.  I know, hard to believe, I go to my seats and actually dont get pissed or feel bad at the color choices.  Jets fans are like gay designers, critiquing color palettes.  I sit in the seat, I have more room that any other seat I've sat in for football, anywhere and my sight lines are perfect.  Not good enough.  Why, because the Giants and their fans are there when were not.  Oh, the Giants fans are the measuuring stick when its our fan base that constantly cry and moan about the way theyre talked about, the way the press treats them better, the was we're second class, somehow, in a stadium we jointly own, explain that one, and that only our inferiority complex cry baby fanbase bitches and moans about.  I'll bet the Charger fans dont cry over their stadium, the Rams also, both will act like the Giant fans, none will sob away like some Jets fans.  

The ones overseeing winners are qualified. The others are not.

I'm not crying over the stadium design - no one is - and if you'd like to keep it friendly then please try to respond more maturely than this response literally right after I said it's far from my biggest gripe. All I said is it's ugly, and IMO comparatively it is.

Yes the stadium is ugly inside, where it's a bunch of unpainted cinderblock hallways. Outside it's a big meh with no character. The initial drawing for the WSS was gorgeous, as are other new stadiums. Has no impact on whether or not I'm a fan of the team, nor does it impact the team's performance. It's still uggo, though. If you think it's beautiful in comparison to what was expected, or what other teams have built, then you're certainly entitled to your opinion. 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm not crying over the stadium design - no one is - and if you'd like to keep it friendly then please try to respond more maturely than this response literally right after I said it's far from my biggest gripe. All I said is it's ugly, and IMO comparatively it is.

Im sorry if you think anything said was meant to be unfriendly or otherwise.  I just am is sick and tired of people who, yes are crying or whining, that the outside of the stadium isn't up to their standards.  Or the inside walkways.  So important when you go to a game to be mesmerized but the paint in the walkways.  Quite frankly other than the neutral grey because Jets/Giants colors dont match up there is absolutely nothing wrong with the stadium from the inside.  Oh wait, exposed cinder block walls, yuk, I'm cancelling my seats.  Ive been to stadiums all over the country and the whining about the stadium not being pretty or whatever some expected is funny as it gets.  

Funny part you rarely if ever hear STHs caring one way or another.  Guess good sight lines and more room to move around, to sit is actualy more important when you go to games.  And really, almost 2 bil on a stadium, better seating, etc, and we're using this as a way to judge ownership.  Seriously?  All the screwed up crap they have to answer for and grey walls and cinderblock in a new stadium is a thorn in peoples sides.  Got to love it

Thats it

• Post of the Week 1

On 6/12/2019 at 1:08 PM, johnnysd said:

Was listening to NFLN on Sirius yesterday and Kirwan and Curruci made some really interesting observations about the Douglas hire. They basically said:

1. The Jets are AHEAD of the curve in their coach and GM combo. Said that in today's NFL the model that works is to have a GM and HC that are really in lockstep and work as a team. Carucci spent a lot of time comparing the situation to Levy/Polian in Buffalo and said that the Jets are potentially duplicating that type of situation

2. Kirwan, said, which shocked me, that the organizational structure of GM having all the power and the Head Coach reporting to him is not effective in the modern NFL. He thinks the Head Coach is more important than the GM and that they should be equals, both reporting to the President, with the Head Coach actually having more influence than the GM. Jets get roasted routinely for this structure but both guys think it is actually the right structure

3. Both think Douglas will be an awesome GM, and even more so because he is aligned with Gase.

Nice to here. The Jets are trend setters.

• Haha 1

The ones overseeing winners are qualified. The others are not.

Yes the stadium is ugly inside, where it's a bunch of unpainted cinderblock hallways. Outside it's a big meh with no character. The initial drawing for the WSS was gorgeous, as are other new stadiums. Has no impact on whether or not I'm a fan of the team, nor does it impact the team's performance. It's still uggo, though. If you think it's beautiful in comparison to what was expected, or what other teams have built, then you're certainly entitled to your opinion. 

Yes the WSS was gorgeous design. Never forget the NY Daily News backpage :' Jets stadium shot down on the jaw bones of an ass ' referring to Sheldon " I hope he rots in prison' Silver.

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Im sorry if you think anything said was meant to be unfriendly or otherwise.  I just am is sick and tired of people who, yes are crying or whining, that the outside of the stadium isn't up to their standards.  Or the inside walkways.  So important when you go to a game to be mesmerized but the paint in the walkways.  Quite frankly other than the neutral grey because Jets/Giants colors dont match up there is absolutely nothing wrong with the stadium from the inside.  Oh wait, exposed cinder block walls, yuk, I'm cancelling my seats.  Ive been to stadiums all over the country and the whining about the stadium not being pretty or whatever some expected is funny as it gets.  

Funny part you rarely if ever hear STHs caring one way or another.  Guess good sight lines and more room to move around, to sit is actualy more important when you go to games.  And really, almost 2 bil on a stadium, better seating, etc, and we're using this as a way to judge ownership.  Seriously?  All the screwed up crap they have to answer for and grey walls and cinderblock in a new stadium is a thorn in peoples sides.  Got to love it

Thats it

You are taking a ridiculous extreme again.

I said it's ugly. You then make the leap to "yuh, I'm cancelling my seats." One can decide not to cancel one's seats and think the stadium is uglier than its contemporaries. I cancelled mine before the new stadium was built, but that was more due to logistics. 

Stadium is ugly. Also the Johnsons should have hired people smarter and more competent than they are to run the team's football operations. An unqualified incompetent making his equally unqualified and incompetent brother in charge of everything - including and most notably football operations, which is all I really care about - is the action of an egomaniac. 

Jerry Jones is also an egomaniac. But he was also a football player and his Cowboys have multiple Super Bowl rings. It's been some time since they've won one, and he should have relinquished some control as well. But at least his stadium looks real nice lol.

You can disagree all you want, but that doesn't make it any less so. These two are not examples of competent people simply by virtue of being left an impossibly high sum of money from people who were. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

20 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Yes the WSS was gorgeous design. Never forget the NY Daily News backpage :' Jets stadium shot down on the jaw bones of an ass ' referring to Sheldon " I hope he rots in prison' Silver.

Amen.

I don't see how one goes from that design to agreeing to the current one, but in the end the field is no different.

It would have been nice to have that same design in Queens, where it could have gone forward, rather than sharing MetLife in the swamp. Admittedly I'm biased in that regard because I don't live in NJ. But whether a WSS or in Queens it also would have been nice to have far more convenient public transportation to the stadium, rather than having to overshoot by going to Secaucus and then having to double back to the stadium (and do the same in reverse to get back). Six hours round trip for me when you count the wait just to get into the train to Secaucus after the game; just not worth the trip (or not worth making it regularly).

Others feel differently, and that's fine, too. Good for them. Some people can also get it up for super-ugly people as well. This, too, is not for me. ;) 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You are taking a ridiculous extreme again.

I said it's ugly. You then make the leap to "yuh, I'm cancelling my seats." One can decide not to cancel one's seats and think the stadium is uglier than its contemporaries. I cancelled mine before the new stadium was built, but that was more due to logistics. 

Stadium is ugly. Also the Johnsons should have hired people smarter and more competent than they are to run the team's football operations. An unqualified incompetent making his equally unqualified and incompetent brother in charge of everything - including and most notably football operations, which is all I really care about - is the action of an egomaniac. 

Jerry Jones is also an egomaniac. But he was also a football player and his Cowboys have multiple Super Bowl rings. It's been some time since they've won one, and he should have relinquished some control as well. But at least his stadium looks real nice lol.

You can disagree all you want, but that doesn't make it any less so. These two are not examples of competent people simply by virtue of being left an impossibly high sum of money from people who were. 

I'm over the top?  But because you dont like neutral grey its because they didnt hire competent people?  You do realize two teams were involved?  ANd no cancelling tix isnt over the top, it was to show "who cares"  Im still going, still shell out money and dont care.  

Jerry Jones won when he let JJ run the operation.  Then he annointed himself lord and GM and went 20 years without a playoff win, one in 18 years.  Excuse me but I'll take either Johnson over JJones.  Oh but in Texas, where you build for a fraction of what it costs here he got a stadium where the exterior looks nicer.   Im upset now. 

I can disagree.  Because its all opinion.  I dont mind grey, you find it over the top offensive.  I dont believe the owner is as much to blame as too many sell.  If WJ had gotten luckier with Rex long term or with Bowles do we think of him the same way?  Nope.  I can disagree because I dont agree with people who think the owner is responsible for more than they are and blame them for everything.  Those that go to the stadium when they retire a Joe Klecko or whoever number and jersey and boo like crazy when the owner presents the plaque.  

As I've asked, which owner who you think is tops has done what exactly to win games?  What has Kraft done, got lucky when he stole a HC that no one in the league wanted.  After failing with a number of HCs?  Tampered and was fined?  Really what is he involved in that translates to wins?  We all say it, lets see the Pats post Brady/BB.  Why, they still have Kraft.

At the end of the day its not a big deal, I get that you have your opinion and I get and respect it.  Dont confuse that, its not science, there are no real answers, right or wrongs

Metamorphosis:

Page 1 of thread: Thoughts on the Douglas hiring from Movin' The Chains: Kirwan (and Carucci filling in for Miller)

Page 3:  MetLife Stadium and discussion of whether the stadium is worth 2 shts + commuting to it et. al.

I'm sorry... you can't get there from here.  But somehow we find a way.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm over the top?  But because you dont like neutral grey its because they didnt hire competent people?  You do realize two teams were involved?  ANd no cancelling tix isnt over the top, it was to show "who cares"  Im still going, still shell out money and dont care.  

Jerry Jones won when he let JJ run the operation.  Then he annointed himself lord and GM and went 20 years without a playoff win, one in 18 years.  Excuse me but I'll take either Johnson over JJones.  Oh but in Texas, where you build for a fraction of what it costs here he got a stadium where the exterior looks nicer.   Im upset now. 

I can disagree.  Because its all opinion.  I dont mind grey, you find it over the top offensive.  I dont believe the owner is as much to blame as too many sell.  If WJ had gotten luckier with Rex long term or with Bowles do we think of him the same way?  Nope.  I can disagree because I dont agree with people who think the owner is responsible for more than they are and blame them for everything.  Those that go to the stadium when they retire a Joe Klecko or whoever number and jersey and boo like crazy when the owner presents the plaque.  

As I've asked, which owner who you think is tops has done what exactly to win games?  What has Kraft done, got lucky when he stole a HC that no one in the league wanted.  After failing with a number of HCs?  Tampered and was fined?  Really what is he involved in that translates to wins?  We all say it, lets see the Pats post Brady/BB.  Why, they still have Kraft.

At the end of the day its not a big deal, I get that you have your opinion and I get and respect it.  Dont confuse that, its not science, there are no real answers, right or wrongs

I didn't say I didn't like neutral gray. I said the hallways are ugly as raw, unpainted cinderblocks, and it is. "Over the top" is, following my relatively tame description of the stadium as ugly: (1) reflexively suggesting I'm crying over it; (2) sarcastically suggesting people give up their tickets over it; (3) suggesting I find the stadium "offensive" somehow; and (4) suggesting people are truly upset about it in general.

All I said was it's ugly. I think lots of things and lots of people are ugly. Doesn't mean it keeps me up at night, nor that I have a huge emo reaction to it. I just think it's ugly, and enumerated why I think so. Frankly this is already my longest discussion over the stadium's appearance I've had since it was built. 

BTW Woody also tampered. He just wasn't fined over it. I defended him at the time because I'm a Jets fan, but c'mon you can't express clear interest in another team's under-contract player, who has an obvious contract negotiation coming up in the coming weeks (and whom he ended up signing as a FA in that same offseason). Doubt it would have been a 1st rounder, but we easily could have lost a draft pick over it. 

And with all this, I'd have to say I've been less critical than most with regards to Woody Johnson. I think he's a boob, but don't think he's been so directly responsible for every decision the team's made. Indirectly, yes, by hiring incompetent people (since he is one himself), but everything from Tebow to Fitz to whatever draft pick or player signing -- they've all baselessly been put at his feet because he's an easy target as an affable idiot. Making his brother the head of football operations - or making him the CEO without the caveat that he has to hire someone qualified - was just the latest. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Amen.

I don't see how one goes from that design to agreeing to the current one, but in the end the field is no different.

It would have been nice to have that same design in Queens, where it could have gone forward, rather than sharing MetLife in the swamp. Admittedly I'm biased in that regard because I don't live in NJ. But whether a WSS or in Queens it also would have been nice to have far more convenient public transportation to the stadium, rather than having to overshoot by going to Secaucus and then having to double back to the stadium (and do the same in reverse to get back). Six hours round trip for me when you count the wait just to get into the train to Secaucus after the game; just not worth the trip (or not worth making it regularly).

Others feel differently, and that's fine, too. Good for them. Some people can also get it up for super-ugly people as well. This, too, is not for me. ;) 

i was all for the wss.  it would've been perfect for a city that lays claim to the capitol of the world.  unfortunately it didn't happen because it's inherently difficult to get all of the political hand outs made.  and you just wonder about the logistics of building such a large edifice anywhere on manhattan.

as for the current stadium, i haven't been there so i have no opinion but unless i'm mistaken, the jets built the stadium on their own dime and, as such, they most likely skimped where they could to hold down costs.  imo their biggest fault was not putting a roof on it.  but lately the winters haven't been all that bad so maybe it's a moot point.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:29 AM, Ex-Rex said:

Jets lost out on the triumverate in 1982 when Holmgren said no, Favre was missed in the draft and Wolf went to GB as GM. Hopefully the Jets got it right this time with Darnold, Gase and Douglas.

This was 1982??  I feel this was more like 1990.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I didn't say I didn't like neutral gray. I said the hallways are ugly as raw, unpainted cinderblocks, and it is. "Over the top" is, following my relatively tame description of the stadium as ugly: (1) reflexively suggesting I'm crying over it; (2) sarcastically suggesting people give up their tickets over it; (3) suggesting I find the stadium "offensive" somehow; and (4) suggesting people are truly upset about it in general.

All I said was it's ugly. I think lots of things and lots of people are ugly. Doesn't mean it keeps me up at night, nor that I have a huge emo reaction to it. I just think it's ugly, and enumerated why I think so. Frankly this is already my longest discussion over the stadium's appearance I've had since it was built. 

BTW Woody also tampered. He just wasn't fined over it. I defended him at the time because I'm a Jets fan, but c'mon you can't express clear interest in another team's under-contract player, who has an obvious contract negotiation coming up in the coming weeks (and whom he ended up signing as a FA in that same offseason). Doubt it would have been a 1st rounder, but we easily could have lost a draft pick over it. 

And with all this, I'd have to say I've been less critical than most with regards to Woody Johnson. I think he's a boob, but don't think he's been so directly responsible for every decision the team's made. Indirectly, yes, by hiring incompetent people (since he is one himself), but everything from Tebow to Fitz to whatever draft pick or player signing -- they've all baselessly been put at his feet because he's an easy target as an affable idiot. Making his brother the head of football operations - or making him the CEO without the caveat that he has to hire someone qualified - was just the latest. 

Except his brother, no matter how you look at it, luck or otherwise has done everything right.  Other than firing Macc when he fired Bowles.  Hard to seriously complain about CJ, from his handling of the kneel down fiasco the NFL created to approving the trade up to 3 and ultimately landing Darnold to JDouglas.  I wanted Gase, almost all here didnt, we'll see how that one ultimately works itself out.

Refresh my memory, who did the Jets tamper with?  Not Branch, that was a NE ball breaking move filing tampering charges that went nowhere.

I agree, get lucky with a hire, youre a genius.  The hire falls on his face, like Bowles youre an idiot.  When he hired Rex and we went to back to back AFCCG he should have gotten accolades but this is NY.  When it fell apart he went back to being clueless.  How it works here.  He hired respected HOF type GMs to help with a GM and HC search and both recommendations fell short.  He gets blamed, what can you do?  Happens but really does following the recommendations of Wolf and Casserly make you a clueless idiot?  And if the hires worked out like everyone hoped the same clueless idiot, operating exactly the same is a brilliant winner.  How it goes for some.  The hires havent worked, i agree but the process was handled right.  

On 6/13/2019 at 11:29 AM, Ex-Rex said:

92...and yeah, that was another missed opportunity to a great team. Unbelievable how snake bitten we’ve been historically.

2 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

To me it's just like the Devils and the Pru- Center, the Rock, it has no soul. Shea good,  bad,  or indifferent  it had a soul. Met Life is a morgue. Maybe winning will change the crowd.

It's really the last hope for home games.  Need more jets fans in the building.  Jets fans are a tough sell.  Lets just say Jets fans for the most part are not the spendthrift types, with very tight pursestrings.

Walked the Hudson Yards today for the first time since most of the new construction was done. It’s really beautiful, and there’s no doubt that the proposed stadium would’ve been amazing. Would’ve been a venue that brought in everything from the final four to national party conventions. It’s really sad that didn’t get done. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, slats said:

Walked the Hudson Yards today for the first time since most of the new construction was done. It’s really beautiful, and there’s no doubt that the proposed stadium would’ve been amazing. Would’ve been a venue that brought in everything from the final four to national party conventions. It’s really sad that didn’t get done. 

It would have been nice but in all honesty not a real good use of land. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

It would have been nice but in all honesty not a real good use of land. 

No, it really would’ve been brilliant. Right next to a convention center that’s already too small for anything meaningful. It would’ve been Manhattan’s premier venue. And what’s bigger than a premier venue in Manhattan, NYC? Oh, nothing would’ve been bigger than that. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, slats said:

No, it really would’ve been brilliant. Right next to a convention center that’s already too small for anything meaningful. It would’ve been Manhattan’s premier venue. And what’s bigger than a premier venue in Manhattan, NYC? Oh, nothing would’ve been bigger than that. 

This. It would have been a stunning edifice rivaling any stadium in the world. 

It’s what NYC deserved and slimy criminal politicians stole it from us. 

Instead we got a hollowed our 1980s era external air conditioner. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

The stadium is a soulless dump and impossible to reach for New Yorkers that don’t live on the west side of Manhattan. I am not spending my money on live games anymore because the game day experience sucks, the team usually sucks, and the commute, whether by public transit or car, is horrendous.

I hope I see a NY stadium in my lifetime. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, PS17 said:

The stadium is a soulless dump and impossible to reach for New Yorkers that don’t live on the west side of Manhattan. I am not spending my money on live games anymore because the game day experience sucks, the team usually sucks, and the commute, whether by public transit or car, is horrendous.

I hope you are going to live a real long time!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Gotham Green and Stealth Black theme of the forum makes reading this positive news just that much more enjoyable. 

SAR I

I agree. Declaring that having the coach and GM on the same page is revolutionary and groundbreaking and celebrating about it is way better than actually winning games.

8 hours ago, slats said:

Thank you!!!

As someone who worked on the WSS project (I offered my professional services as a volunteer) I can tell you for a fact that NYC has a dearth of convention space and the stadium and the resultant PSLs and they way were being discussed would have been revolutionary.  

But the fact that it didn’t go forward was not the Johnson’s fault but rather the Dolan’s and crooked politicians    So IMO we have to give Jets ownership a pass on that one  

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I agree. Declaring that having the coach and GM on the same page is revolutionary and groundbreaking and celebrating about it is way better than actually winning games.

It’s June. They don’t play games until September.

When a fan of a team that has committed to a new HC and GM, seeing clear signs that they have a friendship and the same goals and objectives is something to celebrate. 

Your New York Jets just had the best offseason in the NFL. No, let’s not throw a parade, but treat yourself to a cupcake. It’s deserved. 

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, PS17 said:

Precisely the type of fan that no team gives a shlt about.

And shouldn't, watch at home and complain about public transportation and the imaginary soul  thats lacking because of a stadium.

• Sympathy 1

On 6/14/2019 at 3:50 PM, Jet Nut said:

Thats it

sheags.jpg

+1

The baseball diamond, Montreal Expos pennant, and limited home games until October and the red/blue seats with the word “Giants” on every paper napkin were sooooo much better. 

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

sheags.jpg

+1

The baseball diamond, Montreal Expos pennant, and limited home games until October and the red/blue seats with the word “Giants” on every paper napkin were sooooo much better. 

SAR I

Funny part is do you ever hear a Giants fan whining that theyre second class citizens in the Jets stadium?

Do you ever hear a Giants fan whine about a "soulless stadium"?
About a horrid game day experience?

Grey cinder block in the walkways?

The Giants had plans to build a $750 mil dollar stadium.  Jets were screwed by politicians after spending over $200 mil to start the WSS project.  To get the Jets to buy in Woody insisted on a bigger stadium, inside and out, more luxury boxes, bigger everything and forced the price up to the $1.6 bil price tag.  

But somehow we're the only ones crying.  Moaning.  People blaming the stadium for staying home.  What nonsense, whos that shltty a fan that they dont go to a live sporting event because of the way the stadium looks.  Better question who actually believes that line of BS

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

B6-D0-BB47-16-BB-4-C9-A-8-C56-13-DC7-F90

Don’t sink to that level, Peace Frog.  Some stadiums have architecture that reflects the city it represents.

Indianapolis = Brick = Indianapolis 500

Metlife = Industrial = Skyscraper metropolis. 

A facade on a stadium never won a football game.  Anywhere 82,500 Jets fans congregate is all that’s necessary.

SAR I

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Funny part is do you ever hear a Giants fan whining that theyre second class citizens in the Jets stadium?

Do you ever hear a Giants fan whine about a "soulless stadium"?
About a horrid game day experience?

Grey cinder block in the walkways?

The Giants had plans to build a $750 mil dollar stadium.  Jets were screwed by politicians after spending over $200 mil to start the WSS project.  To get the Jets to buy in Woody insisted on a bigger stadium, inside and out, more luxury boxes, bigger everything and forced the price up to the $1.6 bil price tag.  

But somehow we're the only ones crying.  Moaning.  People blaming the stadium for staying home.  What nonsense, whos that shltty a fan that they dont go to a live sporting event because of the way the stadium looks.  Better question who actually believes that line of BS

Jets fans like to play the role of “the loveable loser” but they forgot the “loveable” part.  If there’s a way to be miserable, if there’s an angle to anything that makes them a victim, they’re all over it.

As relates to the stadium, “It’s an awful game day experience (miserable) and we were robbed of our own facility (victim)” .

Disregard that a stand-alone redundant stadium in Manhattan used only 10 days a year with a scant 60,000 seats would have had the highest PSL’s and gameday ticket prices in all of sports.  Close a blind eye to the traffic nightmare of midtown west and no parking and no tailgating.  

These people are a joke.  The Miserable Victims Society. They don’t want to win.  They just want to whine.  They’ll complain about Christopher Johnson’s podium speech and the color of the Super Bowl confetti as it falls at Sam Darnold’s feet, just watch.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1