Jets West Redux

Barry McCockinner

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Maybe it's just me but it seems like it got a lot more fanfare when Sanchez did it. Nice to see Darnold leading and building chemistry in the off season. 

If he can keep his face out of the offensive lineman’s ass (at least during the game) I’ll be happy. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Maybe it's just me but it seems like it got a lot more fanfare when Sanchez did it. Nice to see Darnold leading and building chemistry in the off season. 

It probably got more fanfare because Sanchez was promoting it - he was more concerned with making sure everyone knew he was doing the "right thing" rather than just doing the "right thing".

Sam doesn't care if his unofficial practices are in the news.....he just wants to get guys together and practice more.

5 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It probably got more fanfare because Sanchez was promoting it - he was more concerned with making sure everyone knew he was doing the "right thing" rather than just doing the "right thing".

Sam doesn't care if his unofficial practices are in the news.....he just wants to get guys together and practice more.

well said

13 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

meh - maybe. Sanchez was a crappy QB but I'm not going to pretend to know what his motivations were. He was always being called a "gym rat" or whatever. I think he probably worked really hard at being a good QB.

Not going to knock on Mark for trying to interpret what his intentions were or weren't.  He still had the players out there to work, so that's that.

With that being said, I am happy to hear that Sam took the initiative to get some of them out there as well.  Hopefully it pays off  during camp and more importantly in the season.

Curious to know who did go out there though.

Was hoping Sam would start doing this and glad he did. One on one time with your WR’s is important. Helps get a head start on getting in-sync with each other. The more Darnold knows Crowder, Herndon, Q and Robby..the better off we are on those sticky 3rd and 7’s where we need Darnold to fit one into a tight window to a guy he trusts.

57 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Not going to knock on Mark for trying to interpret what his intentions were or weren't.  He still had the players out there to work, so that's that.

With that being said, I am happy to hear that Sam took the initiative to get some of them out there as well.  Hopefully it pays off  during camp and more importantly in the season.

Curious to know who did go out there though.

I mean...I'm just trying to put a positive spin on things.

I can get real cynical and say something like.....you haven't heard about it because it wasn't well attended...Bell probably wasn't there....Robbie probably wasn't there....etc. etc.

33 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

This.

but it’s Sam, and well, you know, when Sam does it.... ooooh aaah he’s soooo dreamy.

I think you're a good poster and respect your opinion. However you don't have to talk down to and bomb every single showing of Darnold optimism and positivity on this board. Just let people be happy and optimistic about our QB situation for the first time in a long time. If people want to set up high expectations and hope, let it be. ? 

8 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I think you're a good poster and respect your opinion. However you don't have to talk down to and bomb every single showing of Darnold optimism and positivity on this board. Just let people be happy and optimistic about our QB situation for the first time in a long time. If people want to set up high expectations and hope, let it be. ? 

Point taken.  Thanks.

59 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Interesting dichotomy between his username and a large amount of his recent posts regarding Sam.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

i mean, come on guys.  They all do this.

Who was the last QB before Sanchez who did this? Who were the QBs who did this in between Sanchez and Darnold? This is common around the league but I don't think many of our QBs over the past twenty years can be counted in that group. 

6 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think this is pretty awesome. I feel like Sanchez did it they made a big deal about it. I just think its a sign of the current AFC East. Darnold the new qb putting in the extra work with his team while Brady is living in the past throwing balls to has been gronk. 

This has been the best news all week.

44 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Who was the last QB before Sanchez who did this? Who were the QBs who did this in between Sanchez and Darnold? This is common around the league but I don't think many of our QBs over the past twenty years can be counted in that group. 

Geno was catching bombs...with his face...

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Most qbs do something similiar.  Not a big deal at all.

Would you prefer he not do it?

And it is a big deal. Whether they all do it or not, this is something that will help build chemistry with the offensive skill players. 

There are a lot of things a lot of professional athletes do routinely and that doesn’t diminish the importance or big-dealishness of doing it. 

Archived