Anybody know someone who can kick an oblong inflated piece of leather?

About 20 years ago I played in a flag game here in Charlotte and a guy punted the ball and I couldn't believe what I saw. This guy literally kicked the ball 70 yards.  It was high, stayed in the air forever etc. I learned he kicked at USC (S.Carolina) for a year back in the 80's.  His brother is a colleague and confided in me and told me that his brother (the kicker) left USC after a year as the pressure was simply too much. He missed a FG in a big game and the student body , not realizing its toll, simply made his life miserable.

We act like it's some easy thing but like in golf, once your misses start to happen, its near impossible to fix.

My point if I have one?  Good kickers don't fall off trees.  I hope we find one.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, British Jet said:

I used to take penalty kicks in rugby, used to practice from anything back to the halfway line which is 50m, so something like 55 yards?

I'm willing to play for the Jets. I'll take £10,000 a game and travel expenses.

Kicking a ball from spot is not hard.

too much math

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

we'll have our kicker by the end of the preseason. lets not forget that everyone is still carrying 90 men right now and will until (i think) end of august.

Correct.  I dont know why we keep talking about this.  Multiple teams are carrying 2 good kickers.  We will have one in the next few weeks.

• Upvote 1