What Jets single season passing records can Darnold break in 2019

40 minutes ago, SteamyRayVaughn said:

Want to know how bad this franchise has been?

Our single season record for passing yards is held by Joe Namath who did it in 1967! Unfathomable 

Our single season TD record is 31

held by Ryan Fitzpatrick 

edit wrong: who broke Mark Sanchez's record....his was combined.  Vinny held the record at 29 for passing only.

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

edit wrong: who broke Mark Sanchez's record....his was combined.  Vinny held the record at 29 for passing only.

So...

Mark had 31 in 2011. 26 passing, 5 rushing.

Fitz had 33 in 2016, 31 passing 2 rushing 

Vinny had 30 in 98, 29 passing, 1 rushing

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I don't care if he breaks any  passing records.  We have a 'bell' cow Rb now so we should be feeding him a lot.

This.  I just want him to get better.  Improve statistically in every category and run a highly effective offense that can score.  Screw breaking records.

That said, I think he'll break the yardage record because 4,000 yards isnt really that big of a milestone and I think he's going to attempt a lot of passes this year.  I dont think he'll break the 31 TD mark but it's possible with as many weapons he has at his disposal.  I think we're going to be in some shootouts this year.

62%-64% 4,200-4,400 26-28/12-14

something along those lines. maybe he adds 1 o 2 on the ground as well on a scramble or bootleg or draw.

• Post of the Week 1

It's pathetic & in a QB driven league it tells you everything you need to know about the Jets 50 years of futility. 

Sam Darnold will break EVERY QB record of the NY Jets. We finally got our Brett Favre but without the booze, pills & d*ck pics. 

• Haha 1

He got in.  Theres one replay that shows it.  This replay looks like he didnt but theres another one where it shows he got in.

I’m telling you, everyone around me saw that ball down in his arm short of the line. We just froze and prayed to God for a break just once. Joey Galloway was lighting is up that day.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Sam needs to flush Fitztragic's record down the toilet. I'm embarrased a bum like him holds my fave teams td record. Shameful! Namath? No...O'Brien? No...Pennington? No...Testaverde? No... Fitz? Yep! Screw that jazz. Sam needs that record.

7 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Sam needs to flush Fitztragic's record down the toilet. I'm embarrased a bum like him holds my fave teams td record. Shameful! Namath? No...O'Brien? No...Pennington? No...Testaverde? No... Fitz? Yep! Screw that jazz. Sam needs that record.

Twenty years from now:

Metlife PA:

Jets fans please welcome back the franchise record holder for touchdowns in a single season-Ryan Fitzpatrick 

On 8/20/2019 at 2:23 PM, Peace Frog said:

Fixed that.  He never scored!

I was at the game, practically at the goal line vs. Seattle.  Half the stadium knew that he didn't get across the goal line.  Seattle's head coach essentially lost his job because of their record and that game I believe kept them out of the playoffs or under .500 or something.  Crazy.