Players being Cut from Other Teams (It's starting)

Patriots released DT Mike Pennel.

He was competing for a role on the interior but apparently lost out to Danny Shelton. It's surprising to see the Patriots throw in the towel this quickly after signing Pennel to a two-year, $8 million contract earlier this offseason. The veteran run-plugger amassed 27 tackles over 358 defensive snaps as a Jet last season.

Aug 26, 2019, 9:04 AM ET

8 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Want to put some cash on which Qb Darnold or Carr has a better year.  Let's see how much you believe in Sammy boy.

All those weapons now at sammy fingertips. Lmao.   The Jets have cupcake schedule versus the Raiders who have one of the toughest schedules.   Doesn't matter as it isn't even close comparing what the Raiders have on offense versus the Jets.    It like the Jets going to a gun fight, with a butter knife.

Wait, what?  lmfao.  You told me you dont bet when I asked you to put money where your always wrong mouth is on Jalen Ramsey getting traded before the season (still hasnt happen, honeybuns).  And now you're willing to bet that sh*tty Derek Carr is better than stud muffin Sam Darnold? 

You cant even get your own life right!!!!  I dont bet, no wait, I do!!!

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, varjet said:

Miles and Middleton are completely upgradable.  Maye does not consume significant cap space. 

I like Miles, he's been a good soldier, he's just not very good, if we can upgrade you do it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I said it in the Luck thread. 

Two words. 

Davis. Webb. 

Or Simien? WTF, if Darnold gets hurt we're facked anyway, why win more games when we could solve a CB,LT, or Pass Rusher problem at the top of round 1. 2020 & on we'll be perennial playoff contenders. 

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I like Miles, he's been a good soldier, he's just not very good, if we can upgrade you do it. 

I like Middleton.  He is a high level athlete and supposed to be a great leader.  His problems have been injury related, and with the low salary, that doesn't bother me much at all.  I like Miles too, but he is 30.  He's been with the Jets since 2013.  It has to be  unusual for an UDFA to be there through 3 coaches and 3 GMs. Miles time has to be running out.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Jetster said:

Or Simien? WTF, if Darnold gets hurt we're facked anyway, why win more games when we could solve a CB,LT, or Pass Rusher problem at the top of round 1. 2020 & on we'll be perennial playoff contenders. 

I invented Falk as the number 2. 

I have been underwhelmed by Semen, if Sam goes down I’d rather see Luke get the playing time. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I invented Falk as the number 2. 

I have been underwhelmed by Semen, if Sam goes down I’d rather see Luke get the playing time. 

That 1st play the other night on that quick out to the sideline was WIDE OPEN and he missed by 2 yards? WTF! Pro QB needs to make that throw, hell, a college QB is expected to complete that pass. 

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I said it in the Luck thread. 

Two words. 

Davis. Webb. 

He sucks and he is getting cut. 

1 minute ago, Jetster said:

You think a team is going to offer up a 1st for Trevor Siemian?  Those odds are worse than Derek Carr for League MVP.  Hell, they are probably worse than David Carr for League MVP.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

He sucks and he is getting cut. 

You think a team is going to offer up a 1st for Trevor Siemian?  Those odds are worse than Derek Carr for League MVP.  Hell, they are probably worse than David Carr for League MVP.

a 1st? who the hell said a 1st? I'd take conditional 5th that could be a 4th with playing time if Brisset gets injured. 

• Upvote 1

MORE SAFETIES!!!!!
200.gif&key=70e111090414e8e82b2c7d7254b7c7a0fd939bc1099fe53d7a577e75a84f5999

He played for Greg Williams in STL and was a first team All American coming out of USC. I have read that he had been used occasionally in both college and NFL at CB because of his freakish athleticism. Played for Gase in Miami last year as well. Bring him in and see what you got at the CB position. I think we could do a lot worse at this stage. If he can’t hack it in coverage, then cut him or keep him on ST.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Comically, I was going to mention Strong... 

He's had a good camp in CLE. With Antonio suspended, I'm surprised he isn't getting a full load this weekend. Maybe he fell off the wagon. 

Crazy. I wanted him coming out.  

Sign him and grab that Monken laced Browns intel baby!