The underthrown Darnold pass to Robby that would have won the game

Jetsbb

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

darnold is still a very young qb, hasn't even played a full 16 games yet, the offense needed reps as a unit in preseason and the rust really showed.  

Went deep in the 1st Q. underthrown/robby coulda maybe done better coming back for it.

the cross that he overthrew robby early 3q prolly goes for six cos there is no one on that side o the field and th guy is traling robby by 2 yds.

and then the 2 late ones. 

again. i aint killing sam but...    he left plays on the field.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Losmeister said:

Went deep in the 1st Q. underthrown/robby coulda maybe done better coming back for it.

the cross that he overthrew robby early 3q prolly goes for six cos there is no one on that side o the field and th guy is traling robby by 2 yds.

he did and most of them were b/c he was feeling the pass rush.  

It was underthrown but Anderson needs to fight harder to get back to that ball and at least get the interference call. He half assed it. Just like he needed to be more aggressive on that TD ball that he let the defender make a play on instead of high pointing it. 

23 minutes ago, Jetsbb said:

I'm not gonna kill Sam for that throw. 

1) he's got defenders right in his face as he's releasing the ball, making it harder for him to get everything on it;

2) that's real tough to hit WR in stride, if you overthrow it just a little, Robby's out of the back of the endzone.

Good play by the Bills DB, just like Mosely made a good play breaking up a similar Rosen TD pass earlier in the game.

2 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i think he had ample blocking on the ones mentioned. growing pains..  are    painful...

I thought he had enough time on those plays as well. Doesn’t mean he’s going to have a bad year. Or that the lost was his fault. He left plays on the field yesterday that the top QBs would connect on.

Comparing him against top QBs should be the bar. At least that’s what I’m expecting of him either by this year or next year at the latest. 

Just now, GreenFish said:

I thought he had enough time on those plays as well. Doesn’t mean he’s going to have a bad year. Or that the lost was his fault. He left plays on the field yesterday that the top QBs would connect on.

Comparing him against top QBs should be the bar. At least that’s what I’m expecting of him either by this year or next year at the latest. 

right on.,..   thats why i keep saying i aint killing him for it....   but, having the luxury to re-view the game...i see it more as sam leaving plays on the field more than Gase...     if ya get teh chance look at the replay of that crossing route to Robby...  the whole crowd went  'ooooh" cos the field was wide open in front of him...

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Rewatching the game this morning this is really the one that stuck out to me. It's not that the others weren't poor throws as well, but Sam had time here and just felt something that wasn't really there causing him to throw off his back foot. The ball was wildly off target for only being 15 yards down field. As you mentioned, if hit in stride Robby is making a house call with that one.

He just never looked comfortable yesterday, I'm hopeful it was some combination of new coach/new offense/new skill position players/new OL/too amped up for 1st game. To compound things, he got popped a few times on the first few drives and then just never looked comfortable.

It's been mentioned before but was totally shocked they weren't moving the pocket and rolling him out. Forget even helping to negate the pressure but if you're Gase your QB's greatest ability is to throw on the run and not to design that into the game plan makes no sense to me.

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

right on.,..   thats why i keep saying i aint killing him for it....   but, having the luxury to re-view the game...i see it more as sam leaving plays on the field more than Gase...     if ya get teh chance look at the replay of that crossing route to Robby...  the whole crowd went  'ooooh" cos the field was wide open in front of him...

Was that the play where it sailed on Sam? I think there was a penalty on that play. So I didn’t get worked up about it. It would have been called back. 

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

We made up the missed extra point by converting a 2 point conversion.  We lost 3 points on a missed FGA.  We forced 4 TOs and a safety, it shouldn't have gone down to a missed FG in the first half.

That makes no sense. They didn’t “make up” anything. They would have been up by 3 but were only up by 2. It shouldn’t have come to that. And yet, it did. 

15 hours ago, Xtina said:

That makes no sense. They didn’t “make up” anything. They would have been up by 3 but were only up by 2. It shouldn’t have come to that. And yet, it did. 

We missed a PAT which cost us one point, we then went for 2 later because we missed the PAT and got 2 points which is the equivalent of making 2 PATs.  The missed PAT didn't make any difference in that game.  

22 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

We missed a PAT which cost us one point, we then went for 2 later because we missed the PAT and got 2 points which is the equivalent of making 2 PATs.  The missed PAT didn't make any difference in that game.  

The score would have been tied at 17 if he didn’t miss the first PAT. Points scored later do not somehow “make up” for previous lost points 

and if he hadn’t missed the FG the score would have been 20. That wasn’t “made up” for by later scores either 

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Xtina said:

The score would have been tied at 17 if he didn’t miss the first PAT. Points scored later do not somehow “make up” for previous lost points 

and if he hadn’t missed the FG the score would have been 20. That wasn’t “made up” for by later scores either 

I don't think you understand.  Let's assume he makes the first PAT and it's 7-0.  After the safety it would have been 9-0, after they scored the TD they would not have gone for 2 so they would have kicked again and led 16-0.  The same 16-0 it was with the missed kick.  We forced 4 TOs and forced a safety which is like a TO, our D scored 8 points.  One missed FG did not cost us that game even though we lost by just 1 point.  There's no reason our O could only show 8(would have been 6-7 if K made first PAT).  We lost this bande because of terrible offense not because of a kick in the first half.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I was thinking the same thing at the time. In hindsight it sucked that it didn't work but at the time I was kind of okay with not scoring that quickly.

also, no guarantee the jets score a td, and if they play for a fg the game is still basically lost.  i think the offense knew they needed to score a td rather than get the ball to say, the 30 or 35 yd line.