We are still going to the playoffs

JohnnyLV

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We haven’t seen Sam Darnold play since last January. When he comes back healthy in a few weeks then we can talk.

We’ve got two weeks worth of game film on Josh Allen. We know what he is.  We can call him a bust now.  Who’s your backup?  Better buy his jersey.

SAR I

No we saw Sam Darnold play week one. He sucked. We came, We Saw, We won. On to Cincinnati.

11 minutes ago, Mastenpark said:

What’s gibberish is talking heads on here believing the Jets are better than the Bills. 
#FOOLSTALK

Hey, I may be a wee bit aggressive on my Jets playoff talk, but anyone can see that the Jets are better than the Bills.  

We beat you when we had a hospitalized quarterback.  Just wait until we’re healthy.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Hey, I may be a wee bit aggressive on my Jets playoff talk, but anyone can see that the Jets are better than the Bills.  

We beat you when we had a hospitalized quarterback.  Just wait until we’re healthy.

SAR I

Real Talk. What logical reasons do you have that makes you believe that the Jets are better than the Bills.

We can do a roster breakdown if you want.

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Quit this nonsense. Jets are hot garbage. There's not a shot in hell jets sniff the playoffs. Bills are definitely the superior team through the first 2 games of the season.  

On 9/18/2019 at 2:39 PM, SAR I said:

16 point lead would have been 23 points if our franchise quarterback wasn't at 80% with a 104 fever and an enlarged spleen.

16 point lead would have been 20 points if our kicker wasn't someone bagging groceries at Walmart right now.

16 point lead would have held on its own if our franchise LB didn't pull a groin making a TD saving play in the endzone.

20 point Browns loss would have been a 10 point Jets win if we didn't have 7 starters injured including our best Offensive and Defensive players.

I know you see an 0-2 dysfunction.  What we really are is a 2-0 team that is badly injured.  That ends at Philadelphia.  That's the new season opener where the Jets go 9-4 completely healthy and with an easy schedule.

SAR I

I created an account just to point out that Darnold playing at "80% with a 102 degree fever" became "80% with a 104 degree fever and an enlarged spleen".  Tomorrow it will have been "80% with a 106 degree fever, a ruptured spleen, and a collapsed lung".  Just no.  No he didn't. 

Also...

Your constantly pointing out the 9 and 10 win teams who made the playoffs despite rough streaks LITERALLY MEANS NOTHING.  Correlation does not equal causation.  You seem to be operating under the belief that it would be normal for these teams to have their 6 or 7 losses spread out perfectly evenly throughout the season, and that having your losses clustered together is somehow indicative of success.  All you are doing is pointing out that borderline playoff teams tend to play inconsistently and have NORMAL winning and losing streaks, which does NOTHING to prove your point.  That's a common human fallacy of finding convenient patterns that really mean nothing and twisting them to support your preconceived conclusion.  What happens if you have more injuries leading to another 0-3 run later in the season, does that make you doubly-sure of making the playoffs?

You also completely disregard the point that THE ONLY REASON your game against the Bills was even close in the first place was because you got absolutely gifted three extra fluke turnovers (will at least give credit for the strip sack), a blown call on the safety, and another drive into Jets territory that was killed by a random 15 yard penalty, all in the first half.  The Bills offense was handily controlling the game otherwise WITH MOSLEY IN THE GAME.  But no, keep making excuses for a second half injury when the Bills had already been controlling the game up till that point.  Despite three fluke turnovers, the safety, and drive killing penalty, they still managed something like 12 plays of 8+ yards and 3 plays of 25+ yards in that first half.  But no, they only got competent after Mosley left the game.  The miracle wasn't the Bills comeback, it was that you were in a position to win in the first place.  Bills offense scored 17.  Jets offense scored 8 being gifted turnovers like it was Christmas.  Period.  Knock it off with the "Darnold did enough to win" and the excuses already.  The Bills were also down their two top TEs and starting several rookies.

Last thing, geographical proximity to the Yankees is irrelevant, your alleged wealth is irrelevant, your petty insults and dismissive rudeness while avoiding valid points is irrelevant, etc etc etc.  Stop acting like a delusional 14 year old boasting on the internet because none of that counts as magic "gotcha" arguments you can win with when faced with facts and reason.

Rant over.

*edit*  I also want to point out that 104 degrees is considered a "high grade fever" that warrants hospitalization.  The team doctors would have their licences revoked if they allowed him to PLAY PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL with such a debilitating illness.

• Upvote 3

At least we have...  THE YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2019 AL EAST DIVISION CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2019/09/al-east-champs-adversity-tackling-yankees-conquer-1st-division-title-since-2012.html

AL East champs! Adversity-tackling Yankees conquer 1st division title since 2012

Updated 12:17 AM; Posted Sep 19, 9:19 PM
The Yankees returned to the field for a champagne-spraying group picture Thursday night after beating the Los Angeles Angels 9-1 at Yankee Stadium to win the AL East title.

AP

The Yankees returned to the field for a champagne-spraying group picture Thursday night after beating the Los Angeles Angels 9-1 at Yankee Stadium to win the AL East title.

By Randy Miller | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

NEW YORK — The 2019 Yankees started dealing with adversity before it actually was 2019, as shortstop Didi Gregorius blowing out his throwing elbow during a Division Series game in Boston last October led to Tommy John surgery and a good bit of missed time early this season.

That injury was the start of a never-ending run of haymakers that stung the Yankees all season long.

The 30 players that they sent to the injured list is a Major League Baseball record and made for a viable excuse that never was used.

No need.

The Yankees somehow persevered through all these roadblocks, and even on Thursday a bombshell of another kind dropped when pitcher Domingo German, their 18-game winner, was placed on administrative leave by Major League Baseball due to a domestic violence investigation.

Once again, the Yankees dealt with this awful news much like they handled a lot of their other many doses of hardship.

By night, the Yankees reeled off another victory, and this 9-1 stomping of the Los Angeles Angels, win No. 100, was the clincher for the team’s first goal heading into spring training.

For the first time since 2012, the Yankees are American League East champions.

“This is the first step along the way,” Yankees manager Aaron Boone said. “Whatever we faced adversity wise, we faced it and powered right through.”

The Yankees sure earned it by winning and winning and winning with their roster changing almost daily due to so many injuries to so many key players.

“I think it’s important for us to realize how special this is and how special of an accomplishment this is, but at the same time we’ve got a lot of work left to go,” outfielder Brett Gardner said. "We’ve got a lot of baseball left to play. We’re going to continue to do that and feel great about the team that we’ve had all year and the guys we have in this room.

“It definitely is hopefully the beginning of something special.”

DJ LeMahieu, one of the few Yankees who has avoided the IL, has been an igniter all season long as a hitting machine from the leadoff spot, and the AL MVP contender did it again in the clincher staking his club to a 3-0 lead with a second-inning homer off Angels left-hander Andrew Heaney.

“No surprise that DJ would be the guy that gets it rolling in a big way,” Boone said.

The Yankees have been homering their way to a lot of wins this season, and they finished with four as outfielders Cameron Maybin, Clint Frazier and Gardner, also went deep.

The Yanks did more than enough scoring for starter Masahiro Tanaka, who again lived up to his well-earned rep as a big-game pitcher holding the Angels to one run and four hits over seven innings.Tanaka (11-8) was replaced by Cory Gearrin, who worked a 1-2-3 eighth, then closer Aroldis Chapman put away the Angels in the ninth to launch some on-field hugging that led to a champagne party in the winning clubhouse.

“There’s no script or anything," Boone said. "Guys are really excited and really proud of this step and you react how you react. It happened to be business-like (on the field) and they’re obviously having so fun (in the clubhouse) now.”

NOTABLE

-- Right fielder Aaron Judge was rested after falling hard on his right shoulder diving in the fifth inning of Wednesday’s game in a failed attempt to rob Angels slugger Albert Pujols of a hit. He may be back in the lineup on Thursday. “We’ll see how he’s doing,” Boone said. “If he’s sound and good to go, then he’s playing.”

-- The Yankees are playoff bound for the 21st time in the last 25 seasons.

-- The Yankees lead the majors with an MLB single-season record 292 homers. The Minnesota Twins had 288 going into their game Thursday night against the Kansas City Royals.

-- LeMahieu was 1-for-4, leaving him with a .329 that is second in the AL to Chicago White Sox shorstop Tim Anderson, who is batting .335.

-- Boone has led the Yankees to 100-win seasons in each of his first two campaigns. The only other major league skipper to have 100-win seasons in his first two years with a club was Ralph Houk (1961-62 Yankees).

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We’re about to be drubbed to fall to 0-3 and SAR I is doubling down on the playoff prediction? FFS...

Just remember he claimed that Darnold was allowed to play with a 104 degree high grade fever, rather than being rushed to the hospital.  That's all you need to know about his credibility.  Just imagine SAR also has a 104 degree fever and these are his illness-induced delusions.

7 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Just remember he claimed that Darnold was allowed to play with a 104 degree high grade fever, rather than being rushed to the hospital.  That's all you need to know about his credibility.  Just imagine SAR also has a 104 degree fever and these are his illness-induced delusions.

Don't worry he never had any credibility. Just a blind delusional Homer. And a really good troll. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Don't worry he never had any credibility. Just a blind delusional Homer. And a really good troll. 

Fair enough.  Bills forums have their share of homers too of course, I just don't think I've seen any as bad as SAR.  I'm pleasantly surprised at the number of level headed, reasonable fans on here compared to those I've encountered in real life.

1 hour ago, 1ManRaid said:

Fair enough.  Bills forums have their share of homers too of course, I just don't think I've seen any as bad as SAR.  I'm pleasantly surprised at the number of level headed, reasonable fans on here compared to those I've encountered in real life.

If SAR 1 is the worst you’ve seen, you need to be on this forum longer. He’s mild compared to some of the bone heads we’ve had here.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I’m sorry, but maybe I missed something. At what point this season have the Jets beat anybody, including the Bills?

13 minutes ago, jacarter220 said:

I’m sorry, but maybe I missed something. At what point this season have the Jets beat anybody, including the Bills?

Do you know what a franchise Qb is?     You don't need an offense line , Wr's, cb's or pass rushers if you have one.    So obviously if that franchise Qb isn't healthy , you have no chance to win.    

Normally some would say has he proven himself to be a franchise Qb yet, but we know he came from the QB factory USC.    Look at USC track record , of producing top NFL Franchise Qb's over the years.      That we're confident to say he will become a franchise Qb in time.

• Haha 1

Do you know what a franchise Qb is?     You don't need an offense line , Wr's, cb's or pass rushers if you have one.    So obviously if that franchise Qb isn't healthy , you have no chance to win.    
Normally some would say has he proven himself to be a franchise Qb yet, but we know he came from the QB factory USC.    Look at USC track record , of producing top NFL Franchise Qb's over the years.      That we're confident to say he will become a franchise Qb in time.

Snarky

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

I know that you Buffalo cow-tippers need to smoke weed to forget the trailer park you're living in but don't assume the millionaires of New York and New Jersey do likewise.  I don't need weed to escape life.  Mine is great as it is.

If Darnold were 100% and if Mosely didn't get hurt, the Jets beat the Bills 27-3.  And so we did beat the Bills 27-3.  And we beat the Browns, too.

I had the Jets at 11-5, so with the 2 games we couldn't win because our franchise quarterback and his backup were out I've revised my forecast to 9-7.  And these last 2 weeks have shown that we have a legitimate defense, something I wasn't expecting.  Things are looking great for the Jets.

I feel bad for the Bills.  You're quarterback is bad.  Really bad.

SAR I

Dude. What are you even talking about? I'm not saying that Allen is the next Brady and Darnold is the next Leaf, but lets get a couple things straight here.

Josh Allen has the same number of wins in MetLife Stadium as Sam Darnold. Keep in mind, he did not play in the game at MetLife last season due to injury, thus he's only played in TWO FREAKING GAMES IN THAT STADIUM. How embarrassing is that? Josh Allen's record in games he's started and finished is now 8-5 (Had one game last season in Houston that he left injured that was a close game and Peterman came in and blew it). Darnold's career record is 4-10.

Furthermore, you did NOT beat the Bills (nor the Browns for that matter), despite the golden boy Darnold being gift-wrapped FOUR additional chances to score. And he led the offense to a grand total of eight points. Allen, on the other hand, came out in the 2nd half and closed the game with three straight scoring drives to steal the win. 

Out of those two, which QB is "bad. Really bad."?

Again... I'm not saying Allen is the next Brady. But let's call a spade a spade. The truth is, to this point, Darnold hasn't gotten the job done, and hasn't shown many signs of improvement. 

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, it's so hard to shellac a team with a third-string quarterback under center.

Since you won't be here in December when the Jets go to that upstate sh-thole and crush your playoff dreams, let me wish you better luck next year.  Maybe you'll finally draft a franchise quarterback.

SAR I

FYI, I'm not from Buffalo and I am not a fan of the Bills. Somehow you made that connection because I posted the Bills are a stronger team with the better QB. Both are accurate facts. The Jets are pathetic and Sammy is not a franchise qb. As is the trend the jets blew another high draft pick on the wrong player. Allen was and is the better selection. Live with it.

2 minutes ago, Same Old said:

FYI, I'm not from Buffalo and I am not a fan of the Bills. Somehow you made that connection because I posted the Bills are a stronger team with the better QB. Both are accurate facts. The Jets are pathetic and Sammy is not a franchise qb. As is the trend the jets blew another high draft pick on the wrong player. Allen was and is the better selection. Live with it.

At the monent, Allen is light years ahead of Darnold.  Hes a much better player.  But it is early in there careers.

The bills have a very good coach while the jets have gase who is terrible.  So yes the bills are a much better team then the jets.

On 9/18/2019 at 1:10 PM, SAR I said:

The same team we were pumped about in August is still there. 

Mosely and Bell look better than advertised.  The pass rush and secondary generated 6 turnovers in the first 2 weeks.  Gase is keeping his cool and the team isn't imploding.  At 80% and a 102 fever Darnold had done enough to beat the Bills even without a kicker the whole game.

0-3 looks bad, but it's not the end.  This is a good team hitting epic-level adversity.  We move past that after the bye week.  It's Game 1 and we only have to go 9-4 from there.  Look at the schedule.  Ain't hard starting in late October.

SAR I

Darnold had done enough to beat the Bills? He led the offense to a grand total of eight points. EIGHT!!!!!!!! and he had FOUR gift-wrapped turnovers (additional chances) to do it.

Face it. You're delusional.

Before we predict playoffs, how about at least one game where the offense (supposed area of expertise of our new head coach) at least looks competent.  At New England this weekend, with 3rd string QB, against a team that has not allowed a TD in 12 quarters (going back to the SB) and in a stadium where we have not scored a TD in 4 years.  Just look like a competent NFL offense.

Don't expect to win; but I at least want to see what appears to be a well coached offense.  We were incomeptent over two weeks: receivers can't get separation downfield, OL can't create a clean pocket, no adjustments from coaching staff.  Losing in NE is expected; but I at least want to see what appears to be comnpetence on offense.  Which may be too much to ask.

8 hours ago, jacarter220 said:

If CJ Mosely doesn't get hurt:

Jets 16
Bills 3

If Sam Darnold doesn't play with mononucleosis:

Jets 30
Bills 3

The Jets beat the Bills.  The score doesn't reflect it, but we were the superior team.  Still are.  Which is why we're taking their playoff spot in Week 17.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If CJ Mosely doesn't get hurt:

Jets 16
Bills 3

If Sam Darnold doesn't play with mononucleosis:

Jets 30
Bills 3

The Jets beat the Bills.  The score doesn't reflect it, but we were the superior team.  Still are.  Which is why we're taking their playoff spot in Week 17.

SAR I

Is that how we are going to make the playoffs?  With pretend wins? 

8 hours ago, Greg555 said:

I actually think the team will rally after this disastrous stretch of games and finish 6-10. 

thinking it will be much better than that is delusional 

Jets fans said that in 2002.  We opened 1-4.  We won the AFC East.  We whipped Peyton Manning 41-0 in the playoffs.

Dolphins fans said that in 2016.  They opened 1-4.  Finished 10-6.  Pretty good HC too.

Colts fans said that in 2018.  They opened 1-5.  Finished 10-6.  Won a Wildcard game.

This happens a lot.  And doubting fans like you ultimately look foolish in January.

SAR I

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jets fans said that in 2002.  We opened 1-4.  We won the AFC East.  We whipped Peyton Manning 41-0 in the playoffs.

Dolphins fans said that in 2016.  They opened 1-4.  Finished 10-6.  Pretty good HC too.

Colts fans said that in 2018.  They opened 1-5.  Finished 10-6.  Won a Wildcard game.

This happens a lot.  And doubting fans like you ultimately look foolish in January.

SAR I

We inserted a qb who was so good he was crowned the next joe montana.  Thats not happening when darnold comes back. 

SAR you have lost your marbles.  What spin will you put on this when this prediction doesnt come close to happening.

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Face SAR is going down in flames with this terrible homer act.  When the nail is driven into this coffin, maybe we get the heel turn we are all excitedly waiting for.

You are a heel SAR, not a face.  Go back to doing what you do best. 

You are a SOJF.  If your team isn't making you miserable you aren't happy.  I'm sure there are plenty of other failures in your life that you can focus on this Fall as the Jets are turning things around.  You won't be welcome here then.

SAR I

7 hours ago, Same Old said:

I understand that. First division title in 7 years. Ten years since last WS title. Not exactly impressive. Houston licking their chops hoping the Yanks survive the ALDS. 

It's doesn't matter.  As Yankee fans we know that if we don't win it this year we'll win it next year.

SAR I

6 hours ago, Same Old said:

Sorry, I don't speak to trailer people from Buffalo.

SAR I

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

At the monent, Allen is light years ahead of Darnold.  Hes a much better player.  But it is early in there careers.

The bills have a very good coach while the jets have gase who is terrible.  So yes the bills are a much better team then the jets.

Sam Darnold beat Josh Allen's Bills last year in Buffalo.  A hospitalized Sam Darnold had the Bills beat this year in MetLife.

Sam is 2-0 against the Bills.  He owns them.  Week 17 is a layup.

SAR I