Prez Mal ditches Bart & Maggie

xaMuF

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

Jamal Adam's Family and representatives suggested he stopped the show. I wonder if they took into consideration the backlash this would have. This is only going to get worse as the season moves along and we keep losing.  Hard to imagine hes a jet long term

What they probably took into consideration was the backlash it would generate if he showed up to the interview and it went like...

Bart:  "Is there a reason you modified your social media accounts, removing references to the Jets?"

Adams:  "I don't really want to get into all that."

Bart:  "Well, it's very public and people want to know what you're thinking.  Are you going to ask for a trade?"

Adams:  "I'm not going to answer that right now."

The next day we get headlines that Jamal Adams wasn't answering questions and left the door open to asking to be traded. :rolleyes:

Sometimes it's best to just cool down and not open yourself to more criticism or be forced into answering questions you don't want to answer.  What good does it do if he comes out and says he's not happy and doesn't like the coaches and wants to leave NY?  How does that help the team?  It's a wiser move to just step away from the mic sometimes.

43 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

Jamal Adam's Family and representatives suggested he stopped the show. I wonder if they took into consideration the backlash this would have. This is only going to get worse as the season moves along and we keep losing.  Hard to imagine hes a jet long term

He’s making the calculation that the Jets will be 0-6, coming off an absolute drubbing at the hands of the Patriots, and the bottom will have fallen out on Gase and Gregg Williams in the media. Adams will piggyback onto the chaos to make the case that he “just wants to go somewhere where he can win,” and much of the fan base will sympathize with him because they’ll want Gase’s scalp anyway. The dude is allergic to accountability and has zero self-awareness. He’s going to try and weasel his way out of town and it’s up to Joe Douglas to send him to absolute hell while pulling back a first rounder plus. 

On 9/24/2019 at 2:27 PM, msena88 said:

Curious if Gase told his guys to pull the plug on their media appearances, tough to do considering his WFAN spot was paid. I think Montgomery goes on with Beningo and Evan weekly, if that cancels as well there could be something more here.

Gase and Darnold w/ESPN won't/can't cancel.

Someone brought this up to Joe and Evan today or yesterday. Whether the Jets pulled Jamal off or not. Evan pointed out that Montgomery being on their show doesn't mean the team wasnt the one that pulled Jamal off because Mont has a filter... 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He’s making the calculation that the Jets will be 0-6, coming off an absolute drubbing at the hands of the Patriots, and the bottom will have fallen out on Gase and Gregg Williams in the media. Adams will piggyback onto the chaos to make the case that he “just wants to go somewhere where he can win,” and much of the fan base will sympathize with him because they’ll want Gase’s scalp anyway. The dude is allergic to accountability and has zero self-awareness. He’s going to try and weasel his way out of town and it’s up to Joe Douglas to send him to absolute hell while pulling back a first rounder plus. 

80s burnout GIF

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

EXACTLY how it’s going to go down.

1 hour ago, The Gooch said:

Why do I get the feeling that Jamal is going to get tired of losing here and go to a better team!!

So in order to be a winner you have to go to a good team that already wins, is that what I'm hearing here?

In any case, as long as it nets us a 1st round pick OR a compensatory 3rd round pick I'm cool with it.  

On 9/25/2019 at 11:51 PM, T0mShane said:

I was listening to Francessa earlier this week, think on Tuesday . He made a point very similar to what you said here. With all his tweets and other nonsense, Adams is basically telling us that" my coaches and teammates suck, but I'm good and this mess has nothing to do with me." Think this , and what you said, nailed it.

3 hours ago, section314 said:

I was listening to Francessa earlier this week, think on Tuesday . He made a point very similar to what you said here. With all his tweets and other nonsense, Adams is basically telling us that" my coaches and teammates suck, but I'm good and this mess has nothing to do with me." Think this , and what you said, nailed it.

He's an arrogant self promotional ass. Not an easy guy to root for. 

His draft position and the fact that a QB needy team picked him ahead of what looks like a generational QB talent makes it that much harder

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

He's an arrogant self promotional ass. Not an easy guy to root for. 

His draft position and the fact that a QB needy team picked him ahead of what looks like a generational QB talent makes it that much harder

It’s gotten much worse. I appreciated him last year and could tell he really wants to win.  He’s now showing that he really only cares about him winning, on the field but mostly off.

I lost my ability to like him when I saw him in an interview calling his garbage time pick a great play three times then saying it didn’t matter to him because he only cares about winning. Him for a one and draft one of the top wideouts coming back and nobody will remember he was ever here. Cept Tom, he will  still miss him a little. 

On 9/26/2019 at 4:51 AM, T0mShane said:

I’ve been advocating this for a while. It’s not like you need the 6th overall pick to replace a box Safety. Unless of course your called Mike Maccagnan.

I also see them move Le'Veon Bell, If we come away with an extra 1st and 2nd it’s a total Win. It also puts an end to Gase. Since Douglas has a 6 year contract and is de facto in charge, even with the stupid reporting system.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

I’ve been advocating this for a while. It’s not like you need the 6th overall pick to replace a box Safety. Unless of course your called Mike Maccagnan.

I also see them move Le'Veon Bell, If we come away with an extra 1st and 2nd it’s a total Win. It also puts an end to Gase. Since Douglas has a 6 year contract and is de facto in charge, even with the stupid reporting system.

Won’t happen anytime soon. Gase was handed a Swiss cheese roster by Macc. Darnold gets ‘injured’ and other key guys as well. There’s plenty of rope for Gase. Don’t see us beating anyone over next 4, so we start 0-6. But I see going 6-4 in last 10.   Both JD and Gase are here to stay awhile. 

2 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Won’t happen anytime soon. Gase was handed a Swiss cheese roster by Macc. Darnold gets ‘injured’ and other key guys as well. There’s plenty of rope for Gase. Don’t see us beating anyone over next 4, so we start 0-6. But I see going 6-4 in last 10.   Both JD and Gase are here to stay awhile. 

Which 6 teams do we beat outside the Dolphins? - The other teams are licking their chops their playing the Jets, not the other way round.

Teams that start 0-6 don’t all of a sudden play hard. In fact they mail it in, the dressing room becomes toxic. What’s hard to understand that we are a bad team, with an unproven often injured QB and little else?

Archived