Prez Mal ditches Bart & Maggie

xaMuF

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Many great leaders get up in their feelings when someone calls them out for sucking and then go on a two-week attention-seeking sulkfest, culminated by having a good cry because nobody wants to give you credit for picking off a backup QB at the end of a blowout in which you personally gave up two TDs because you suck. Alexander the Great for example, on MySpace in 341 BC

Defense is not the issue here... 

6 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is what a caustic fanbase and media does to teams. It drives them nuts. It makes them insulated. Private

Looking to see who upvotes a post from this guy^ is like looking to see who "likes" a post on Facebook about the dangers of vaccinating your kid for measles.

It's good to know who these people are.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You know, Max, if that sick burn was just too painful, my metaphorical shoulder is always here for you to metaphorically cry on, bud.

I appreciate it, I think I will survive. :)

What I don't get though is why people don't want to be here and then they spend all their time trying to be here. Like if you want to be here, just be here. We don't have many rules. It is pretty hard to be banned here. Brooklyn Jet has probably been banned over 5 times. We gave him another shot, he messed up again so he was banned.

The part I like is it takes far more time to setup a fake email account, register, validate the account and post then it does to ban someone. It is one click.

• Upvote 3

Shurmur and Adams are dealing with roughly the same thing; why get yelled at by yahoos trying to get you in a gotcha soundbite? Until recently these paid spots were easy money with no heavy lifting, no hard questions, no  harangues. But between the internet and podcasts, these sports radio shows have gotten dumber every  hour to try to get clicks on their web content. The money is no longer worth the headache. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s get back in topic: the self proclaimed leader of the Jets franchise couldn’t handle being interviewed by Maggie Gray, even with Bart Scott sitting literally three feet away from her running interference for him. Maggie. F*cking. Gray. 

True. But why should anyone listen to this drivel? It's a dying medium, so the only way to stand out is to be an a-hole by making outrageous confrontations with guests to spur web traffic. Why does anyone care what Maggie F*cking Gray thinks about anything. 

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

True. But why should anyone listen to this drivel? It's a dying medium, so the only way to stand out is to be an a-hole by making outrageous confrontations with guests to spur web traffic. Why does anyone care what Maggie F*cking Gray thinks about anything. 

Bart Scott is interesting about 25% of the time on that show... It is interesting to hear his takes... But it's hardly worth the time to filter through all the junk

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’ll disagree here: getting bullied by an increasingly desperate and hostile Francesa during drive time sucks, especially when you’re the head coach of a rebuilding team and you have to answer for years worth of mistakes you had nothing to do with. Adams, however, was on a lowly-rated toast-and-tea chatfest being asked puffy questions by two media lightweights—one of whom is an ex-player who still likes to pretend he’s on the team. Shurmur got pulled from Francesa by the organization, while Jamal chose to break his contract because he was politely asked why he personally did lame attention-seeking sad-boy sh*t on social media. The two situations aren’t really comparable, imo. 

Talk shows are not going to compete with web content and podcasts, unless they become that themselves. Nobody needs to listen to endless commercials. And the only way to make money is run even more commercials.It's not a good long term business model. There may be some old guys locked in their cars who will listen to it, but anyone under 50 can figure out how to listen to something more relevant  on their phone, even in their car. Adams probably though the bold is what it was, but now these shows think they need to attack their guests to stand out in a dwindling dying business model. Even if you and I don't think much of Adams,  the money wasn't worth the BS. If he's going to be asked about INT celebrations and nonsense, that's easy money. get berated by some hag who doesn't know football, no thanks, keep your money. 

11 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Jamal Adams is OBJ 2.0

clear as day.

said it for a while.

mark my words. it's coming.

He is allergic to losing.  Hes your quintessential modern day athlete.    Im not saying I agree with most of his behaviors,  its just an observation.    Our organization is a dumpster fire...   

• Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Talk shows are not going to compete with web content and podcasts, unless they become that themselves. Nobody needs to listen to endless commercials. And the only way to make money is run even more commercials.It's not a good long term business model. There may be some old guys locked in their cars who will listen to it, but anyone under 50 can figure out how to listen to something more relevant  on their phone, even in their car. Adams probably though the bold is what it was, but now these shows think they need to attack their guests to stand out in a dwindling dying business model. Even if you and I don't think much of Adams,  the money wasn't worth the BS. If he's going to be asked about INT celebrations and nonsense, that's easy money. get berated by some hag who doesn't know football, no thanks, keep your money. 

Yeah, but that’s a different conversation—he didn’t bail because he’s skeptical about the future viability of the radio medium. He bailed because he couldn’t handle the mildest of rebukes regarding his petulance.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

He is allergic to losing.  Hes your quintessential modern day athlete.    Im not saying I agree with most of his behaviors,  its just an observation.    Our organization is a dumpster fire...   

our organization is a giant piece of human sh*t

AND

"The Prez" is OBJ 2.0.

Mark it down.

I haven't been paying attention lately.  I've been watching The KC Chiefs and enjoying football ?

Who are Bart, Maggie, xaMUF and msena88??? 

I guess I just don't get these millenials.  Is PrezMal Jamal Adams??  Is he unhappy.  Is this information available on Twitter or one of those websites??  What is wrong with the world?  I give up, I actually am giving up.  Good night Jet fans..... 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s get back in topic: the self proclaimed leader of the Jets franchise couldn’t handle being interviewed by Maggie Gray, even with Bart Scott sitting literally three feet away from her running interference for him. Maggie. F*cking. Gray. 

I like Adams, although over drafted, the player and believe, as far as sadistic, megalomaniacal NFL locker rooms go, he is probably a good leader in house, but on point w this one