pitt down to qb4

kmnj

9 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I read tons of posts saying no coach could compete with a scrub qb-pitt has against tough opponents. 

I see now the bar has been moved to no coach can compete with a bad online or Gase has  not coached as long as Tomin so he gets a pass.

I bet you folks loved Rich Kotite and Al Groh  too

No I was more of a Coslet fan.

Tomlin has coached the same team for over a decade. (12 years-ish?)

Gase has been a HC for 3 1/4 years. On different teams. 

See any discrepencies between the two? Hmmmm

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BUM-KNEE said:

No I was more of a Coslet fan.

Tomlin has coached the same team for over a decade. (12 years-ish?)

Gase has been a HC for 3 1/4 years. On different teams. 

See any discrepencies between the two? Hmmmm

And coached this team for 4 games and 3 QBs... so there is that too.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

but they will compete and their coach will  game plan to their strengths

ours not so much

now that sam is back and  herdon is back we shall flourish right?

Jets will lose 41-17 this week which is them floursihing....

Yup can’t wait to hear about how Pitt WeApInnzz are superior when they actually play recognizable football with an UDFA QB.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, kmnj said:

so now it is the line-I thought it was because of the scrub qb-I see now when they suck with sam it wont be gase's fault cause of the line

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The op is correct.  The whole mantra of the Gaseologists is 'what is he supposed to do with a 2nd string......3rd string QB!!!'

When that gets shot out of the water it is "What is he supposed to do with a poor oline!"  etc etc etc

All the while ignoring the poor game plans, poor play calling and other coaching foibles.  Also letting him off the hook for being the guy that went out and got 'the worst QB to walk the earth'.

I had an employee once that was late to work 3 days a week. Finally told him if he was late twice in any month for the rest of the year he was done. The next month he was. He brought photos of a flat tire, note from a cop saying he broke down, witness statements... I said sorry I don’t care. Maybe this time you had a good reason but it was the 50 avoidable instances before today that brought us to this point.

Jets are a perennial embarrassment. Don’t care if *this time* there is a super valid, reasonable excuse.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yup can’t wait to hear about how Pitt WeApInnzz are superior when they actually play recognizable football with an UDFA QB.

best part is where did our scrub qb come from? gase brought him from miami with him

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

ours not so much

What is it on this message board with all the terrible false analogies?  Pitt has a solid, if not elite, OL. The Jets have scrubs.  Has more to do with terrible personnel management than game day coaching.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

and lets not forget Gase's assessment of our qb either

Gase went on to compliment Falk’s understanding of the playbook.

“He knows the offense, he trusts the guys around him. He does a good job communicating everything. Very quick on his feet, very smart. I think he does a good job staying within the play. He executes what we’re asking to do well. And he can get us out of bad plays as well.”

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

What is it on this message board with all the terrible false analogies?  Pitt has a solid, if not elite, OL. The Jets have scrubs.  Has more to do with terrible personnel management than game day coaching.  But nice try.

yes u are right gase has been calling some great plays the field goal was nice as was the passing on 4th and one with a hall of fame caliber rb in the backfield

• Thumb Down 2

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

ours not so much

The same coach that inherited what should have been a dynasty and only has 1 SB thanks to Brady getting hurt?

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So that every Monday the Gase haters have a talking point. 

SAR I

I think we have Gase Haters, Jets Apologists, and Jets NY Realists.  Most of the fans here are Jets NY Realists.  

I consider myself a Jets NY Realist.  I see some good in Gase’ past, and terrible coaching this year.  I want to give him a chance.   We are entering into Jets 2019 Season 2. 

3 hours ago, jgb said:

I had an employee once that was late to work 3 days a week. Finally told him if he was late twice in any month for the rest of the year he was done. The next month he was. He brought photos of a flat tire, note from a cop saying he broke down, witness statements... I said sorry I don’t care. Maybe this time you had a good reason but it was the 50 avoidable instances before today that brought us to this point.

Jets are a perennial embarrassment. Don’t care if *this time* there is a super valid, reasonable excuse. The benefit of the doubt is earned.

Did he get unemployment? 

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

yes u are right gase has been calling some great plays the field goal was nice as was the passing on 4th and one with a hall of fame caliber rb in the backfield

Who do you think the Eagles would key on for that play - hmm just maybe that HOF RB . You guys act like the Jets are missing out on some great play calls . What do you expect with a paper mache OL and a 3RD string QB.  Let's see how many yards James Conner gets on Sunday when the Chargers stack 9 in the box daring their 3rd string QB to pass. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Who do you think the Eagles would key on for that play - hmm just maybe that HOF RB . You guys act like the Jets are missing out on some great play calls . What do you expect with a paper mache OL and a 3RD string QB.  Let's see how many yards James Conner gets on Sunday when the Chargers stack 9 in the box daring their 3rd string QB to pass. 

I saw what the eagles keyed in on didnt I-could the result have been any worse? I guess I am nuts but if u need a short gain and your qb sucks you give it to the guy that has talent...in bizzaro world here folks that say you cant blame gase for his offense because of his horrible qb are defending Gase not giving his pro bowl rb the ball but letting his awful qb throw

first off Conner is no where near the player bell is lets get that out of the way-I suspect conner will do pretty well and I expect pitt to keep the game competitive with a garbage qb

Just now, kmnj said:

I saw what the eagles keyed in on didnt I-could the result have been any worse? I guess I am nuts but if u need a short gain and your qb sucks you give it to the guy that has talent...in bizzaro world here folks that say you cant blame gase for his offense because of his horrible qb are defending Gase not giving his pro bowl rb the ball but letting his awful qb throw

first off Conner is no where near the player bell is lets get that out of the way-I suspect conner will do pretty well and I expect pitt to keep the game competitive with a garbage qb

If the Jets handed the ball to Bell and he was swarmed in the backfield losing two yards, the Monday morning Qb's would be calling for Gase's head anyway stating everyone knew Bell would get the ball. The real mistake was not passing the Ball on 3rd down.

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

and lets not forget Gase's assessment of our qb either

Gase went on to compliment Falk’s understanding of the playbook.

“He knows the offense, he trusts the guys around him. He does a good job communicating everything. Very quick on his feet, very smart. I think he does a good job staying within the play. He executes what we’re asking to do well. And he can get us out of bad plays as well.”

Ya mean scoring 1 TD in 3 games isn't good?

13 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

If the Jets handed the ball to Bell and he was swarmed in the backfield losing two yards, the Monday morning Qb's would be calling for Gase's head anyway stating everyone knew Bell would get the ball. The real mistake was not passing the Ball on 3rd down.

that is complete nonsense-nobody would fault gase for handing the ball to a hall of fame caliber rb when he needed one yard-I dont think anybody would say he you should have had the worst qb to ever take the field for the jets throw the ball especially when he already proved he cant throw the ball

bad line or not bell usually can get one yard most times-that is a gamble worth taking-vs the alternative a guy that has shown he should not even be on the field