The T0mShane, Jamal Adams & Kevin Mawae Connection

Maxman

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If thats what you remember most about his play we've figured out the problem with getting what he does on the field

I do remember his pass breakup on the subsequent drive I think, but yeah, not a fan of the self promotional stuff 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, CTM said:

That is what I remember most about Jamals play last week, Jamal running around celebrating while the camera focuses on him after he was only a small factor in that play and the one that preceeded it 

Jamal celebrates his plays and he is one of the first to jump and celebrate with other players on defense when they make a play.  If you see him on the sidelines he is also hyping the bench, the crowd and the offense  The guy is all day energy.  Nothing wrong with that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Ehhh can’t blame him. Who’d want to face a 300 pound gorilla ?. I got my money on TomShane. At least he’s an excellent writer, great insight and is raw as hell. Genuine, straight up and tells it like it is. That’s a lot more than most on this board who live in LaLa land kissing Jamal’s toes and his 2 career INT’s. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, CTM said:

I do remember his pass breakup on the subsequent drive I think, but yeah, not a fan of the self promotional stuff 

Its been a part of the game for decades.  Doesnt make anyone less of a player.  I dont love it either, doesnt take away from what he did on the field.  Thats all I'm saying

• Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Jamal celebrates his plays and he is one of the first to jump and celebrate with other players on defense when they make a play.  If you see him on the sidelines he is also hyping the bench, the crowd and the offense  The guy is all day energy.  Nothing wrong with that.  

Can’t dance, can’t catch, can’t cover your grandma and can’t play the banjo. Trade em.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I hope you are not f'ing with us. Seems a bit crazy mawae would actually read the board.

This was a pre Twitter world. This was also right as we launched JetNation. We were on ji back then, he said to us why aren't you posting anymore. We told him we launched JetNation. He said, cool I will check it out. 

I am telling you he knew usernames, what people were saying. It was pretty wild.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BUM-KNEE said:

I picture Tom being quick and hitting like truck, like JA. I think he could've held his own vs Mawae.

I think Tom is definitely a tough dude. He probably just prefers not to fight. But he is a big guy, Mawae would have wrecked him but against normal people Tom would be fine.

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

I bet a lot of players read.  Wouldn’t be surprised if a few posted.  

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

Maxman - I never took Tom Shanes critisism seriously - always with a grain of salt. I never truly believed that he believed his posts about Adams. He's is  just trying to be entertaining are my thoughts. That being said he could of used that defense when he went up to meet Mawae - I don't see why he didn't. You hammered his reputation pretty good right there.

Also so are there other current Jets or Ex Jets that actually post on this site and can we find out who they are or is it confidential which I suspect?

Can't really comment on anything current. But historically speaking Chad Pennington's sister was here. Signed up under her real email with her real name. Sent 5 private messages to 5 different people. pats fan tx was one of them, all people who were critical of Chad.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Is this legit true? 

Yes. Everything I right could be true.  :) This one definitely is true though.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Tom was dead wrong on Mawae.  But this victory lap over one very good game out of Jamal Adams really needs to stop.  It's embarrassing.  

Shane shouldn't have punked out though.  Hopefully he doesn't if/when he gets to meet Jamal.  

Let's not turn this into a Jamal thread. I would much rather we just bash Tom in this thread lol.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Energy is nice.  Intensity is better.  The former can be faked or exaggerated.  The latter cannot.  Mosley strikes me as intense, for instance.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Energy is nice.  Intensity is better.  The former can be faked or exaggerated.  The latter cannot.  Mosley strikes me as intense, for instance.  

Jamal doesn't play with intensity???  I'm up for healthy debates but stuff like this literally makes no sense at all.  Sorry.

• Upvote 2