Jets Feel NFL Films Did Sam Dirty

Unbelievably stupid move having him mic'd in the first place, especially against the Pats where you know there is going to be some adversity.Every opponent, every opposing fan and every talking head will be using this against him unless he lights it up going forward.

the whole term 'ghosts' was terribly misconstrued.  by that should be expected.  i doubt if booger boy knew what darnold meant about seeing ghosts or how it's a fairly common term to describe a qb not seeing what the defense is doing.

It was and Joe Tessitore was trying way too hard to keep his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Not for a single second did I take that to mean anything except that he was confused by the disguised coverages and he thought he was seeing blitzers coming that really weren’t; i.e., ghosts. I didn’t even think there was an alternate way to take that term.

That is exactly what he meant. He is seeing defenses that are not there. 

27 minutes ago, Joe Willie said:

I guess the geniuses who agreed to have him mic'd never thought that somebody from the Pats would be watching in order to get some insight as to how Sam was thinking or feeling. Once he said he was seeing "ghosts," I'll bet it was reported to BB immediately.

Right, because Bill was just taking it easy on him until he heard that.

Chris Jericho What GIF by CBC

• Haha 1

I hate the fact that the dumbasses of the world (ie: the media) are blowing that statement completely out of proportion......with that being said the Jets should have known better then to have him mic'd up against the pats on a Nationally televised game.......how idiotic are you to think that was a good idea? 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Jets are losers who thought it was a good enough idea to allow it in the first place 

All qbs get mic'd and there is an understanding that nothing like this would ever get aired... Now that it did you can expect a lot of resistance from teams in the future... 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

WAY too much is being made of this.  It’s a common phrase used by QBs to explain what they are seeing out there.  Based on Sams comments from yesterday it doesn’t sound like he cares that much.  

The problem is that the NFL films official is there specifically to block things that make players look bad or game plans and such the fact that he let it through to make Sam look bad is a bad look for NFL films and I am sure there will be ramifications to this in the future

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I hate the fact that the dumbasses of the world (ie: the media) are blowing that statement completely out of proportion......with that being said the Jets should have known better then to have him mic'd up against the pats on a Nationally televised game.......how idiotic are you to think that was a good idea? 

Gase said that they had an agreement with the browns game but Sam got sick... Again the films official isn't supposed to let things like this through because it's going to destroy future access and I am sure that higher ups are pissed because of this

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

The problem is that the NFL films official is there specifically to block things that make players look bad or game plans and such the fact that he let it through to make Sam look bad is a bad look for NFL films and I am sure there will be ramifications to this in the future

Agreed. But  I don’t think the Jets should have allowed their QB to be wired in the first place.  

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Agreed. But  I don’t think the Jets should have allowed their QB to be wired in the first place.  

Sure but every team allows players to be mic'd up and they never ever screw over players like they did Sam... The executives are going to apologize to the jets and I am sure there is going to be ramifications for this 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

Sure but every team allows players to be mic'd up and they never ever screw over players like they did Sam... The executives are going to apologize to the jets and I am sure there is going to be ramifications for this 

I would have offered up Bell to be mic’d up.  

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Hind sight is 20/20...why would the jets ever think something bad would happen if nfl films long history showed a more mature filtration 

I would never want my QB mic’d up.  Why should I trust NFL Films to keep that audio private?  Too much strategy is talked about by the QB and coaches during the game.  I would never want that stuff recorded.  

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I would never want my QB mic’d up.  Why should I trust NFL Films to keep that audio private?  Too much strategy is talked about by the QB and coaches during the game.  I would never want that stuff recorded.  

Because their history has always proven thatt they would... Almost every qb in the league is mic'd up at some point... It's an agreement and understanding between NFL teams and NFL films

• Thumb Down 1