McCarthyism

Philc1

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, come on, he called on bubble screen against the Pats that went for 5 yards and never went back to it. DB's we give yards off the LOS all game. That is perfect for a quick slant or drag. No e of those were called. With the way the D was selling out to blitz, did we even try to setup a screen? Why was Sam standing g in the pocket getti g rushed and throwing off his back foot. Where was a designed roll out or QB option? I mean it's easy for me to say this now but Gase either is the most stubborn  HC who refuses to try something not in the gameplan  or he thinks these players are too stupid to go to a plan B.

DBs were giving us room?  They were covering everything, short and long.  When was Sam standing in the pocket?  Falling back and throwing off his back foot?  He rolled out and was intercepted.  Stayed in the pocket and was intercepted.  Had time and threw a pick into the EZ.  Sam had a horrific game

35 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

DBs were giving us room?  They were covering everything, short and long.  When was Sam standing in the pocket?  Falling back and throwing off his back foot?  He rolled out and was intercepted.  Stayed in the pocket and was intercepted.  Had time and threw a pick into the EZ.  Sam had a horrific game

You can't  press and play zero. If the WR beats you it's a TD. They were giving cushion all day Sam was not setting up in the pocket but he was dropping g straight back and getting pressured up the middle. I don't  recall any designed roll out, if he went wide he was running away 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You can't  press and play zero. If the WR beats you it's a TD. They were giving cushion all day Sam was not setting up in the pocket but he was dropping g straight back and getting pressured up the middle. I don't  recall any designed roll out, if he went wide he was running away 

There was no time to set up in the pocket.  Your spewing cliches that dont fit what happened.  Of course he was dropping back, he had no options, if you saw room to step up good for you.  I didnt 

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

There was no time to set up in the pocket.  Your spewing cliches that dont fit what happened.  Of course he was dropping back, he had no options, if you saw room to step up good for you.  I didnt 

They could have called a designed roll out. That doesn't  send him straight back.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rammagen said:

reading is fundamental bud, I said developed did I say teach? nope I did not I said developed he had Farve in front of him for 3 or 4 yrs that time on the side lines that time studying with Farve and McCarthy helped him. Only a fool would deny that.

The  Players need to be taught and put into the right system and developed if you dont credit the coach with helping develop the player and putting them into position to succeed while we have Gase who is crap show whose play calling looks like he is channeling from a Ouija board.

One has a career record on the + 500 side with a superbowl and the other is a loser who is falling further below 500. I am not saying McCarthy would have been the right hire but I can guarantee Gase is not.

They can win out against the soft part of the schedule the rest of the yr and it wont change my mind, because it is how the team plays when the stars are injured how they play and show they are prepared. That ios the measure of almost anyone when the chips are down how do you respond do you fight or just lay down. Gase's Jets are laying rolling over.

get the hell out of here with this trash. There's a line of 100 coaches who in some capacity had a team appear in the SB... doesn't make them all white buffaloes... Gase sucks. McCarthy is his own brand of bad. 

MOVE ON

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

get the hell out of here with this trash. There's a line of 100 coaches who in some capacity had a team appear in the SB... doesn't make them all white buffaloes... Gase sucks. McCarthy is his own brand of bad. 

MOVE ON

Bite me, get the hell out of here? reading is fundamental! I said Gase is hot trash, I also said I can not tell you nor can anyone tell you what the record would be with a different coach but what I can tell you the team would be better prepared. yeah winning a Superbowl and getting a team to the playoffs what 6 years in row is it own brand or trash I wish we had and so do you.

My advice calm the f down  between the two the obvious chose for most sane people would be McCarthy because of his track record

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm not blaming Sam for this

Jets fans holding a QB accountable? Lol that never happens. You don’t need to say it, everyone knows the fan base won’t put anything on Sam till two weeks after he is gone....then they’ll all say how THEY never liked Sam. Same Old Jets Fans.

8 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Bite me, get the hell out of here? reading is fundamental! I said Gase is hot trash, I also said I can not tell you nor can anyone tell you what the record would be with a different coach but what I can tell you the team would be better prepared. yeah winning a Superbowl and getting a team to the playoffs what 6 years in row is it own brand or trash I wish we had and so do you.

My advice calm the f down  between the two the obvious chose for most sane people would be McCarthy because of his track record

Matt Rhule is the only topic worth rehashing. End of story. McCarthy is a dinosaur. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And the cowboys in the 90’s won a super bowl after getting rid of Jimmy Johnson

#vindicated

You know the Cowboys won the SB in Johnson's final year and Switzer inherited a juggernaut? 

Mccarthy had missed the playoffs the last 2 years with Rodgers and now that Mccarthy is gone, they are doing great (and Adams has been hurt the last few weeks). 

#nicetry

10 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You know the Cowboys won the SB in Johnson's final year and Switzer inherited a juggernaut? 

Mccarthy had missed the playoffs the last 2 years with Rodgers and now that Mccarthy is gone, they are doing great (and Adams has been hurt the last few weeks). 

#nicetry

Because Rodgers got injured that’s why the packers missed the playoffs 

There was a point in time when Andy Reid was considered washed up and old. No one wanted him as the HC. He changed some things when he went to KC and we all wish we had a HC like that. 

Not saying McCarthy would have made the same turn around but to suggest it’s not possible after he corrected Favre and built Rogers from a college qb with bad feet and not a good deep ball passer to what he is today is a bit shortsighted.  

Sam needed a guy like McCarthy who has worked and improved qb mechanics, we got Gase lol. And Rhule??? I mean yeah we could gamble on a coach from college but there’s a decent chance that doesn’t work either. 

• Post of the Week 1

On 10/26/2019 at 11:04 PM, Philc1 said:

Let’s say jets go 3-13 or worse and the Johnsons actually do the right thing and fire Gase

Do we go after the guy we should have hired?

04DB3040-303B-4FFB-91A5-4E4F340A94EE.thumb.jpeg.a04c1c8ad295e127d68861be907a3df9.jpeg

He's such a commodity that he's still sitting at home.

I guess the rest of the NFL doesn't see his apparent greatness either.

Did Mike Mc Carthy make Arron Rodgers what he is today? Did McCarthy make Favre great? 
Sam is lost. Could he have improved on Sam’s development instead of having him regress?

Inquiring minds would like to know. Just asking for a friend.

• Upvote 1

I said it last off season and I'll say it again. The guy Id be interested in is Jim Caldwell. The guy has a really solid track record of being a good NFL Head Coach. He won in Indy and in Detroit, he took over the OC job in Baltimore and coached Flacco into a Super Bowl winning QB. 

He's not a flashy name, but he's been an effective coach. That's much better than we have. I'd take him over McCarthy. McCarthy would want full control of the organization and I don't know if I'd be willing to give it to him.