Jamal Adams Appreciates JetNation

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

The title says: Jamal Adams Appreciates JetNation (maybe the thread title has been edited, if it said JN originally that isn't correct).

That is what Jamal said. He said JetNation. Maybe he said Jet Nation. But he didn't seem to pause in between lol.

At any rate the Jets much prefer the players say Jets Nation. We own both URLs so I am fine with either version.  :)

Plus the video gets cut off at the end where he says "even you, T0mShane!"*

*writer's embellishment

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, kelticwizard said:

News flash:  I'll talk whenever I damn well want.  That's what this board is for.

Refresh my memory-how did Adams make All-Pro by being a lousy player?  He's surrounded by mediocrity or worse, and yet he makes plays.  That's what you haters don't realize.

2nd Team All-Pro.  

• Upvote 1

after yesterday's game, he has shown he is worthy of being a team captain.  he made some seriously monster plays and was difference maker.  lots of fans don't think the safety can dominate the game.  in truth, that is right for the most part.  but then you get guys like lott or palumalo, or bob sander or a healthy eric berry, who can make plays and be difference makers.  add adams to the list.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

With the amount of complaining that posters here do regarding Adams talking, you would think you all had to live with him.  The easy solution, if you don’t like it, is to stop paying attention to every little thing he does and says. 

Perhaps Jamal fanboys can avoid creating 4 threads per week on him whenever he makes a nice play?  Just a thought.  

13 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sometimes I imagine that all the blowhard Pres haters are the ones actually dressed up in the Patriots mascot.  It's fun

As long as you send me on an intermediate route over the middle, I'll be glad to wear the costume.  No chance I get touched by Jamal in that instance.  

Jamal,  PLEASE do me a favor and do NOT listen to any of the nitwits on this site that try to insult your play or advocate you should be traded. I want you to be a Jet for your entire career and I would be busy trying to resign you right now because the fact is,  you are the very best Safety in football. You have already far outplayed your rookie contract. You are rapidly becoming a generational type talent.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

He's such a great football player, hope he learns to be a man and act like a professional soon. Would not like to see him in another uniform but that mouth, it never stops.

Who gives a sh*t? Ash, I'm actually quite surprised to hear you say something so foolish? You're normally much more level headed than this. So long as he plays like he's been playing why the hell do you care if he talks a little? He's earned the right.  Just like Keyshawn back in the day, so long as he plays well i don't care if he preaches from the pulpit. He's earned the right. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, harts724 said:

9 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles 1 TD freaking Beast!!!

Those numbers are every bit equivalent to very best Safeties in the history of the NFL. I'm talking Lott, Polamalu, Reed... you name it. He should be a Jet his entire career. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The same people that want to ship Jamal out for talking too much are generally the ones who were clamoring for us to trade him for Jalen Ramsey.  

Jalen Ramsey backs up his talk and plays a premium position.  In an era where there are no shutdown corners in the NFL anymore, he's the closest thing to being one.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sometimes I imagine that all the blowhard Pres haters are the ones actually dressed up in the Patriots mascot.  It's fun! 

Why do people think anyone who disagrees with them must "hate" the subject being disagreed about?  It's such a silly cliche at this point.

No one "hates" Adams.  

Some of us value him, as an NFL player asset, less than other folks do. 

Some of us dislike his endless selfish "look at me" bravado and social media obsessions, the "loudly celebrating when down by 30" aspect, but generally that view isn;t limited to Adams, it's something we dislike about most of the modern NFL.

Some of us believe Safety, specifically a Safety who plays mostly like a run-stopping Linebacker, is a "nice to have" asset, it's not a "must have" asset for a 2-7 team.

Does Adams make good plays?  Absolutely.  He was very good yesterday.  

Is Adams what THIS Jets team needs most to return to competitiveness?  No.  And that should be obvious.

If we can convert Adams into two starting O-linemen, we are instantly a better team going forward.  Because we will never be competitive when the best aspect of our team is a run-stopping Safety.

We need to make Darnold be the best player on our team.  Till then, actually competing is never going to happen.

Offense, specifically franchise QB's, win in the NFL.  Safeties do not lead to winning in the NFL.  

None of this is "hate".  Like the NFL, it's not personal.  It's just business.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Why do people think anyone who disagrees with them must "hate" the subject being disagreed about?  It's such a silly cliche at this point.

No one "hates" Adams.  

Some of us value him, as an NFL player asset, less than other folks do. 

Some of us dislike his endless selfish "look at me" bravado and social media obsessions, the "loudly celebrating when down by 30" aspect, but generally that view isn;t limited to Adams, it's something we dislike about most of the modern NFL.

Some of us believe Safety, specifically a Safety who plays mostly like a run-stopping Linebacker, is a "nice to have" asset, it's not a "must have" asset for a 2-7 team.

Does Adams make good plays?  Absolutely.  He was very good yesterday.  

Is Adams what THIS Jets team needs most to return to competitiveness?  No.  And that should be obvious.

If we can convert Adams into two starting O-linemen, we are instantly a better team going forward.  Because we will never be competitive when the best aspect of our team is a run-stopping Safety.

We need to make Darnold be the best player on our team.  Till then, actually competing is never going to happen.

Offense, specifically franchise QB's, win in the NFL.  Safeties do not lead to winning in the NFL.  

None of this is "hate".  Like the NFL, it's not personal.  It's just business.

My comment had nothing to do with dissenting opinions.  I'm a little out of touch but from what I understand of the term "haters" doesnt actually mean you hate the person but more so, "disrespecting, throwing shade, non-believer"...etc.  I think you took this a little to literal and even though you did, to act like there arent fans who do hate Jamal is bizarre and it's almost like you dont post here daily.  People hate the dude, with real hate.  Just look at this thread.  Some of the posts are out right nasty toward him and I think it would be funny to see those folks dressed up in a Patriots costume getting laid out by Jamal.

Cute rant otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jalen Ramsey backs up his talk and plays a premium position.  In an era where there are no shutdown corners in the NFL anymore, he's the closest thing to being one.  

The biggest knock on Adams here has been that he doesn't rack up INTs.  Seems a bit of a narrow view to me but okay.  So when you have a moment, look up how many INTs Ramsey has this season.  I can save you the click.  He has zero.  In fact, he only has 9 in his first 3.5 seasons. 

Now I am fully agreeing he is a great CB, but if he ever came here, he would be booed almost immediately for not getting enough INTs and not being Revis.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

The biggest knock on Adams here has been that he doesn't rack up INTs.  Seems a bit of a narrow view to me but okay.  So when you have a moment, look up how many INTs Ramsey has this season.  I can save you the click.  He has zero.  In fact, he only has 9 in his first 3.5 seasons. 

Now I am fully agreeing he is a great CB, but if he ever came here, he would be booed almost immediately for not getting enough INTs and not being Revis.  

Dude, Revis didn't get many INT's either.  Know why?  Because no one threw in his direction!  INT's are not the best indicator at all of Jalen Ramsey's play.  Check out the "QB Rating when throwing against Ramsey" numbers.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dude, Revis didn't get many INT's either.  Know why?  Because no one threw in his direction!  INT's are not the best indicator at all of Jalen Ramsey's play.  Check out the "QB Rating when throwing against Ramsey" numbers.  

I get it.  I was being a little cryptic.  You can either be Revis or you need INTs.  Nobody else gets that free pass here.  

And I did check out Ramsey.  Ramsey is having a very average season.  Cmp% is up from 54% to  68.4%.  QBR is up from 76.4 to 101.3.  

Again, he's a great player having an off season but my original point was that he's far more of a trash talker than Adams.  And right now, Adams is the better player at his position.  You can argue value of position but I don't like trading a top player for the unknown of a draft pick just because he talks too much.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

You thought that was a rant?  

I guess for some it's easier to dismiss those they disagree with by describing them as "ranting" and full of "hate", rather than actually engaging in the subject at hand.

/shrug

Based on what I've posted, what is it exactly that we disagree about?  

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ramsey is overrated as hell.  

28 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Adams is the better player at his position.  You can argue value of position but I don't like trading a top player for the unknown of a draft pick just because he talks too much.

Adams is not the better player AND its a position that really doesn't matter.  

And as for being opposed to trading the "known" for the "unknown", that's not a strong argument either.  The entire Offensive Line sucks.  This team is 11-30 since 2017.  The "known" really isn't all that good.  You can say Adams isn't part of the problem, but he sure as sh*t hasn't been part of the "solution".  Nor will he be going forward if we don't get quality talent at positions that actually matter.  

As for the trade compensation, is there ANY offer you'd take for Jamal Adams?  Are you seriously saying you'd turn down a Jalen Ramsey-esque package for Jamal Adams?

27 minutes ago, JiF said:

Ramsey is overrated as hell.  

So is Adams.  Difference is, one plays a position that matters.  

I don't even know why we're discussing Ramsey here to begin with.  We're talking about trading Adams for draft picks.  We can't go back in time and offer the Jaguars Jamal for Ramsey.  But my guess is they would have laughed in our faces.  And rightfully so.  

5 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Just go draft and sign what the team needs (OL, Edge, CB and WR) and leave Jamal alone. Best player on the team by far!

I completely agree with this. I think you can very well keep Adams a Jet long term and still re-build the O-line and add Edge, CB and WR help through both FA and the draft. The issue is that eventually you WILL have to pay him a lot of money and JD may simply not believe in paying a safety that much. If JD has no intention of keeping him long term- past the 2020 season, then you might as well trade him now and get the most you can for him. Jamal is a unique player. He is more than just a good safety, he can do a lot of different things on the field defensively and with some talent around him can be the missing piece to a dominant defensive unit. Does JD think he is close enough where he can hold on to Jamal and build the secondary around him while adding pass rush and CB help or does he move on and hope he finds another great young player in the draft.    

And for the record, all this talk about games like this being rare for Jamal and he doesn't lead us to the playoffs and he talks too much is completely absurd. He's a great young player who's already become one of the best safeties in the NFL in his 3rd year. He does a ton of good things on the field that get overlooked even when he has a bad game.   

• Upvote 1