How the Jets beat the Giants - Brian Baldinger

jetstream23

Just now, section314 said:

Was one of the best games a Jet has played in years. Have to give the man credit. he was everywhere.

yes but you can't dominate a game from the safety position.  just kidding.  i agree on adams.  i also agree with those who want to trade hi if the price is right.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If somebody covered up the name/position and told us this was an Edge Linebacker's stats below how much do you think Jets fans would want to pay this guy?

485522940_ScreenShot2019-11-12at1_48_37PM.png.34d771879ddb985a03121dec3963f8fb.png

My guess is $426,824,578,208. lol

quite a bit.  but that also speaks to the criticism of a guy like lee who was claimed to be too light to play.  we saw adams being able to avoid blocks and even run through them and it's not like he's a physical monster.  it's all about desire and the ability to move quickly and with good technique.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

So all it took was for the Jets to make Jamaal feel insecure to get his best to come out, and play.  I just don’t understand why he can’t just play like that always, and with his mouth shut.

What about Sam Darnold wish he would always play like the way he played  in the Giants game. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If somebody covered up the name/position and told us this was an Edge Linebacker's stats below how much do you think Jets fans would want to pay this guy?

485522940_ScreenShot2019-11-12at1_48_37PM.png.34d771879ddb985a03121dec3963f8fb.png

My guess is $426,824,578,208. lol

for one great game?  I don't think so.  Ask him how much he'd spend if you add in the Miami game. Consistency is what I seek. Maybe it's coming. I sure hope so. Then I could in good conscience join the fanboy club.

I'm going to be an extreme cynic for a minute - Jamal no doubt had a great game and I think he's going to crank it up to 11 the rest of the season, but not because of his desire to win and be a leader or dedication to the Jets, but because he realizes that the higher his stock rises, the more likely it will be for him to be traded the hell away from this cesspool.   

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'd imagine this is why it's been rumored that Jamal isn't beloved in the locker room. The team has been struggling all year, he spent the week before the crushing Miami loss crying into every microphone he could find about a grievance that he entirely made up, then took ZERO responsibility for that loss, and a week later the team rallies to put together a good, old-fashioned team win where the coaching staff held the team together, the offense finally looked like it had a pulse, and a bunch of DL had good games, and yet all of the post-game coverage focused on Jamal Adams making that one play 47 seconds into the second half (after which the Giants scored two more easy passing TDs to re-take the lead), and they covered it as though it was the game-winning play, which it wasn't--not even close. But because he's such an obnoxious, me-first self-promoter, he gets all the attention and shapes the narrative. Reading the stories and watching the recaps, you'd have thought Adams stripped Daniel Jones at the end of the fourth with 10 seconds left on the clock with the Jets down by six. But, no, 47 seconds after halftime, and two minutes before Golden Tate walks down the middle of the field for a 61 yard TD

Now I'm starting to understand why you hate Jamal Adams. You think the sideline is the middle of the field. Thanks for clarifying. This play also happened to be the opposite side of the field 33 was covering, but rage on.

BTW - you want to see someone half assing it on the field, take a look at #95 on that play.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Now I'm starting to understand why you hate Jamal Adams. You think the sideline is the middle of the field. Thanks for clarifying. This play also happened to be the opposite side of the field 33 was covering, but rage on.

BTW - you want to see someone half assing it on the field, take a look at #95 on that play.

Daniel Jones threw so many touchdowns against the Jets that it was hard to keep track of where they were coming from. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Here - take a look at the Daniel Jones highlights and scream about Jamal.

https://www.giants.com/video/daniel-jones-best-throws-from-308-yard-four-td-game

You'll note I'm not "screaming" about Jamal's play on the field. I'm talking about how Jamal elides criticism after losses and sucks up all the narrative oxygen after a rare win because he's a self-promoting douche with no self-awareness or sense of personal accountability.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Imagine being a guy whose LSU teams went 25-12 and never finished above third in the SEC West, and is now on a team that's gone 11-30 since you were drafted while "leading" a defense that's finished 22nd, 29th, and (currently) 25th in points allowed and still having people refer to you as a "winner."

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You'll note I'm not "screaming" about Jamal's play on the field. I'm talking about how Jamal elides criticism after losses and sucks up all the narrative oxygen after a rare win because he's a self-promoting douche with no self-awareness or sense of personal accountability.  

You're talking about all the passing yards & TD's against our secondary as if Adams is being targeted and is part of the problem with the secondary. I don't believe that to be the case. I've been digging a little and haven't found anything yet. My mind can be changed with evidence, but I don't see any being presented. Just - blame Jamal because he's the leader of the secondary or something.

Outside of the Miami game the guy has been playing great. It's not his fault he's surrounded by trash.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

You're talking about all the passing yards & TD's against our secondary as if Adams is being targeted and is part of the problem with the secondary. I don't believe that to be the case. I've been digging a little and haven't found anything yet. My mind can be changed with evidence, but I don't see any being presented. Just - blame Jamal because he's the leader of the secondary or something.

He refers to himself as "The President" because he considers himself the leader of not just the secondary, but of the team. 

20 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Outside of the Miami game the guy has been playing great. It's not his fault he's surrounded by trash.

I hate to jump in here and I'm not piling on but I feel this is Jamal Adams thoughts to a T.

Yes he played great against the Giants but he has not played great in every game outside of the Miami Game. Against Dallas he was good but lets call it what it is......an Audition. IMO Adams is auditioning for the rest of the League against big name Teams to drive up his trade value because he wants out. 

• Upvote 1

Jamal Adams is playing lights out.  The peanut gallery throwing shade on a good young Jets player.  Imagine that.  Yet, they suggest he's shaping the narrative.  Duh, yeah, he's shaping the narrative with his play and I'm enjoying watching that.  I hope we keep him.  

• Upvote 3