Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

9 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Yeah.  What happened?  I actually caught a podcast quite a bit in the preseason.  Now it's seems like he's gone nuclear.  At least in his Internet stuff.

No idea. I get you don't like Gase but he's just gone off the deep end and trashes everything. Seems like one miserable fan. Oh well.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lith said:

Don't get the need to come out and say this now.  You want to say the you will evaluate coacj, coaching staff, players at end of the season, fine.  But what is the point of saying his job is safe now.  At the end of the season, if Darnold and the rest of the team look better than they have over the first half, you make any announcements then.  I don't understand the timing.

There's a few reasons for CJ to confirm his commitment to Gase.

- firing Gase is admiting he made a mistake hiring him

- send a message to the players that Gase is not a lame duck and will help decide their fate after the season

- CJ actually understands just how bad this crapshow of a roster was handed to Gase

- CJ understands that it'll take two or three years to build a competitive team

- CJ understands the illness (Sam's mono) and the other multitude of injuries we've suffered

- and just maybe CJ undeerstands the right way to build a team and that it takes time and he won't fold to the instant gratification crowd

- CJ understands that if he fired Gase they would only be able to attract a rookie HC

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mr. Johnson did EXACTLY what everyone wanted him to do-  brought in a highly respected football man in Joe Douglas to make decisions.  And he did.

The problem isn't in Florham Park.  The problem is with you.  Gullible Same Old Jets Fans who are always looking for a way to be the problem, not the solution.  Your best player asked you for "patience".  Your young QB said he is learning a lot from this coaching staff.  Your new GM stands behind your head coach.  Listen to what the smart people are saying.  Put your rage away.  Time to shut up now.

SAR I

How is Baker Mayfield's handpicked choice for HC (Freddie Kitchens) working out so far?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The problem isn't in Florham Park.  The problem is with youGullible Same Old Jets Fans who are always looking for a way to be the problem, not the solution.  Your best player asked you for "patience".  Your young QB said he is learning a lot from this coaching staff.  Your new GM stands behind your head coach.  Listen to what the smart people are saying.  Put your rage away.  Time to shut up now.

Explain to me how unhappy Jet fans can be "the problem".

20 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hope the next plane says "sell the team Johnson family".  Not that it will make them sell the team but they deserve to be called out for the fools they are.  7 games left in a season that has been a disaster thus far and our owner guarantees next season for Gase.  WTF is he thinking?!

That's tattoo, the poster formerly known as Sar

7 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Smart move. For once they are sticking with a plan and are not going to be swayed. This year was doomed with injuries and the Darnold illness. 

Everybody has a plan till they get punched in the mouth

weve been punched in the mouth 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

15 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This thread is gonna be gold at 8-8

You really think we have the talent to get there?  I mean, I think Id take the odds on the Skins and the Bengals games.  But Baltimore?  Even the Raiders... There are just so many injuries.  Williams is dialing up every blitz known to man and there are entire quarters where the entire offense still falls apart.  I like the back half of our schedule... but I get why Gase said he's been in his hole.  He's not trying to come up with magic plays.  He's trying to survive.  That's why I understand he didn't give two sh*ts about the vote of confidence.  He's got into maybe a worse situation than he was in Miami.  

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How is Baker Mayfield's handpicked choice for HC (Freddie Kitchens) working out so far?

Comparing Mayfield to Darnold in the "behind the scenes" decision making department is not a good way to prove a point. 

While Sam says and does all the right things, Mayfield is busy filming 47 commercials. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Nice backpedal.

Let's say that the Jets really nosedive, the locker room implodes, "unnamed sources" pay off Manish, a few guys get busted for pot, a car accident or two, you know, the usual Jetsy stuff.  In that instance, with the locker room lost, 3-13 might be all that's needed for Mr. Johnson to move on from Gase.

But now, some airplane numbnuts named Jason Koeppel ("Fire Adam Gase!") along with Beningo ("Where is Christopher Johnson?") and Manish ("Inept head coach!") created a national media narrative that the Jets owner was forced to respond to.  And he gave them the middle-finger.

So you can thank those three idiots for giving you exactly what you didn't want.  Because now no matter how bad the Jets finish the year, Mr. Johnson isn't going to walk back his show of support.  It would make him look like an untrustworthy fool which is the complete opposite of what he actually is.

SAR I

In your post above, you say "Because now no matter how bad the Jets finish the year, Mr. Johnson isn't going to walk back his show of support".

In your post below, however, you say "He can still fire him whenever he wants.  It’s a public vote of confidence so Gase and the team aren’t distracted by it for the rest of the season. It’s not like he’s writing it into his contract".  

You also wrote (above) that "you can thank those three idiots for giving you exactly what you didn't want".  So the people who contributed to the plane directly influenced CJ to guarantee Gase gets another year (with 7 games left in this disaster of a season) and you've been defending him as a smart owner?!  LMAO! 

Out of curiosity, do you think Mehta influenced the Johnson family on Marrone?  If so, that is on the Johnson family, not on Mehta.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mr. Johnson did EXACTLY what everyone wanted him to do-  brought in a highly respected football man in Joe Douglas to make decisions.  And he did.

The problem isn't in Florham Park.  The problem is with you.  Gullible Same Old Jets Fans who are always looking for a way to be the problem, not the solution.  Your best player asked you for "patience".  Your young QB said he is learning a lot from this coaching staff.  Your new GM stands behind your head coach.  Listen to what the smart people are saying.  Put your rage away.  Time to shut up now.

SAR I

Yes he brought in a highly respected football man in Joe D but he's not letting him make decisions.  CJ is the one deciding that Gase deserves another year (with 7 games left in this disastrous season).

6 hours ago, DMan77 said:

All that said... If some super high profile, highly regarded, super-duper great coach somehow finds his way onto the open market... Don't be surprised if Johnson goes back on this...

And that "super high profile, highly regarded, super-duper great coach" wouldn't take the Jets HC job no matter what!

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Comparing Mayfield to Darnold in the "behind the scenes" decision making department is not a good way to prove a point. 

While Sam says and does all the right things, Mayfield is busy filming 47 commercials. 

I'm a big fan of Darnold and I wasn't (and still am not) a fan of Mayfield.  My point is that SAR I thinks that just because a QB praises a HC that it means "keep the HC".  Of course Darnold is going to say positive things about his HC regardless of whether or not he believes them.  Even if Darnold does actually like Gase there was still no reason to guarantee Gase another year with 7 games left in this season.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

In JD we trust to build a winning roster. 

Image result for joe douglas new york jets gifs

While neither have proven themselves yet, Darnold and Joe D are the 2 shining beacons of this franchise (at least imo).  I just don't want to waste Darnold's affordable years with a potentially horrible HC and I don't want CJ making the decisions that he should be letting Joe D make.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

What's shocking is that you don't.

I'm a two-time member of the Jets Fan Advisory Board and expect to be invited again this year.  You may want to listen to what I have to say.

SAR I

LMFAO!  What in the world goes on in those meetings?  

My guess is that you spend a fortune on the team so they throw you a bone and pretend that they're listening to what you have to say.

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

He was terrible for more games than he was good last year ...  you cant simply ignore the bad games and claim the good ones are "who he really is" ...last year it was whatshisface Bates who was holding him back.

He is the same this year. So it isnt regression........ its lack of progress. Its making the same bad throws and reads and bad mechanics that he had at USC.

He may take as long as Alex Smith. Had to wait til his fifth year til he threw more TD than INT, and til his 7th to'achieve a 2:1 TD ratio.

It's Gase, and the worst oline in football.

2 hours ago, Joe Willie said:

Now that frick and frack Johnson have made this announcement, it seems to me that a total, organized fan boycott is in order ... I mean TOTAL!  No season tickets, no going to games, no buying merchandise, and engaging in picket line type protests. It won't look good for tweedle dee and tweedle dum on tv if Met Life is virtully empty and/or is filled with fans of the opposing team. I don't know if any of this is possible in reality, and I know that any loss of money is meaningless to Goofus and Galant, but if we don't do something meaningful to take a stand (instead of chartering a plane), then we're just as culpable as dillwad and dillhole by helping to perpetuate the fraud that is this football "team."

Write me a check for $2,750, the value of my 4 seats plus parking for the remaining games, Airplane Boy.  Put your boycott where your mouth is.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Sanchez sucked, and even I still would have brought him in - even out of shape - once the team realized Darnold was going to be out for 2-4 weeks.

He is and always was an idiot, whose physical skills have since diminished, but holy hell I'm sure he can still throw a football. Plus if we're going put a sideshow out there it may as well be entertaining with some nostalgia. Maybe he could give the crowd a penisfumble. 

2015 (the last time Sanchez threw a touchdown) wasn't so long ago, was it? 

Rumor has it that the NFL is staging a mandatory workout and interview session for Mark Sanchez next Saturday.

SAR I

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This decision doesn't surprise me one bit. The Johnson's have made one bad personnel decision after another. This is just another in a long list, ho-hum. Gase is a terrible HC. I wonder how long it is going to take for the idiot owner to get his head out of his a$$. 

We said the same thing about Pete Carroll in 1994.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There was no reason whatsoever to announce he was coming back next year with 7 games left to go.  Absolutely none.

The best way to see a team regress to its old ways of playing stoned, getting drunk, crashing cars, getting arrested, having sex with teens, streaming penises, harassing media girls, doing PED's, selling out to Daily News reporters, and breaking teammates jaws, just say nothing as the media rips you and your head coach to shreds.

The only way to preserve the new culture the Jets are building was to nip this crappy story in the bud.  So he did.  Jason The Airplane Moron forced the hand of a billionaire who gave him and the weepy SOJF's the middle finger.  Well deserved.

Suggest you take your Christoper Johnson ass whipping or get your ass off to another team, another sport perhaps.  Jets fans only.  Thanks.

SAR I

• Upvote 3

As for the plane gang, let me ask you this.  Do you think the fans had influence in the firing of Idzik?  And do you think Mehta had influence in the Jets not hiring Marrone?  

Yes, definitely.  Jets ownership cares very much about its fanbase and they want to please them.

Not anymore.  This f-ed the SOJF Whiner Faction up for good.  You're lumped in with the likes of Manish and Beningo, two others on the Jets hate list.  Thank God.  What a great day.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The best way to see a team regress to its old ways of playing stoned, getting drunk, crashing cars, getting arrested, having sex with teens, streaming penises, harassing media girls, doing PED's, selling out to Daily News reporters, and breaking teammates jaws, just say nothing as the media rips you and your head coach to shreds.

The only way to preserve the new culture the Jets are building was to nip this crappy story in the bud.  So he did.  Jason The Airplane Moron forced the hand of a billionaire who gave him and the weepy SOJF's the middle finger.  Well deserved.

Suggest you take your Christoper Johnson ass whipping or get your ass off to another team, another sport perhaps.  Jets fans only.  Thanks.

SAR I

The team has already regressed to its old ways by being 2-7.

I hope the next plane says "sell the team Johnson family".  Not that it will make them sell the team but they deserve to be called out for the fools they are.  7 games left in a season that has been a disaster thus far and our owner guarantees next season for Gase.  WTF is he thinking?!

usatsi_11997874.jpg

To save the improving Jets culture he announced that he wasn't caving to the whims of 149 Jets fans who spent lunch money on a stupid protest.  Damn straight.  You rock, CJ.

You think that plane stunt was harmless, that's your problem.  You don't get it.  That crossed a huge line. Adam Gase has a wife and kids trying to adjust to a new home in a new community.  No player in the Jets locker room was motivated by that stunt.  They imagine what it would be like if it were them who were targeted so unjustly.  And our owner is livid.  So too are millions of Jets fans.  You get no sympathy.  You get backlash.

Backfire.  Biggest one in SOJF history.  Humiliating to Jets fans league-wide.  And you were a big part of it.  Congrats.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yes, definitely.  Jets ownership cares very much about its fanbase and they want to please them.

Not anymore.  This f-ed the SOJF Whiner Faction up for good.  You're lumped in with the likes of Manish and Beningo, two others on the Jets hate list.  Thank God.  What a great day.

SAR I

Is this the type of thing you discuss at the Jets fan advisory board meetings?

The problem is that CJ meddles.  I loved the Joe D hire.  Macc/Bowles should've both been fired the day last season ended.  Joe D should've been hired and then CJ should've given him total control.

Instead we have our HC reporting to our moron owner who was born on home plate and thinks he hit a homerun.  I know the saying is "born on 3B and thinks he hit a triple" but I think CJ had an even bigger silver spoon than that.  

The problem is that the FANS meddle.  Not the owner, not the coaches, not the players, not the media.

The SOJ FANS.

Thank God Mr. Johnson nipped this in the bud.  Years down the road when we will need to recruit a top HC or DC or OC the actions of our owner today will have saved the day.  No one would want to stake their NFL future to an owner who would let his 4-week head coach hang out to dry like that.

You should be ashamed of yourself for even posting on this topic anymore.  If I were you I'd disappear for a week and hope some of us forget you were a part of it.

SAR I

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Gee I'm surprised all the SOJFs aren't a little more patient and understanding with all the success the organization has had over the last 50 years. What do you know anyway? You were the one who was preaching that this team could actually make the playoffs this year. LMAO. I think it actually may be time for you to STFU. 

Adam Gase has been coaching the team for 2 months.  Your 50 years of frustration are yours to contend with.  Not the ownership, not the front office, not the players.  YOU.

Be patient like our best player requested.  Or get the F out and onto the bandwagon of another team.  There are tons of fellow New Yorkers who root for the 49ers, Cowboys, Steelers, or Giants.  Have at it.  Or stay on the Jets train quietly.

SAR I