Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah just like his stellar plan with mac and bowles who he gave 5 years to.

Douglas?  Well a gm is defined by his drafting so he gets time.  Gase?  Simply a waste of years and really jeopardizing the young QB.

Adam Gase has shown nothing to suggest he can even be reasonable let alone good.  His resume had nothing in it to suggest he was any good.

I have NOT been a fan of Gase's decision-making this year. I don't LOVE him, but it's just really dumb to fire a coach after a year when a TON of the problems injuries/mono/bad roster thanks to Macc were not within his control. 

Again, if I am ranking HCs he is probably bottom 1/3 but heading into this year NFL.com ranked all NFL coaches and had Anthony Lynn at 8, Dan Quinn at 11 and then had Kyle Shanahan at 23. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, kmnj said:

only in jetland are you supposed to be okay with miserable performance and continue to pay for it-i

K Shanahan 10-22 in first 2 years w/ Niners.

Now...  as someone above stated...    BB also started out sh*tty...

Doesnt mean we'll get better just cos we stand pat. We might. And we might not.

Also, if we changed HC , we might not get better either....   ad absurdum.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Kraft/Jones/Mara family/Rooney family all have shown in the past that they clearly have a significant roll in their coaches hiring/firing. 

So yeah, this is just typical Jet's inferiority complex syndrome where whatever they do the beat writers will spin into a negative and find sensitive Jets fans to buy into it. 

Right and what's different about those teams? Oh! Success. We're on what our 11th rebuild of the Johnsons tenure? We finally hired a well respected GM with a great background. If I'm sensitive for wanting him to run the show then I guess you're right! 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, rammagen said:

Not the same situation, so it is not really equatable.  this was not Bellicheck's first time rebuilding a team he did it in Cleveland and made the playoffs in the 3rd yr at 11-5 the next yr the team quit as they announced when the browns were 4-3 or 4-4 they were moving.

JD is rebuilding the team, he's the clear GM with a 6 year contract. 

• Upvote 1

So, those in the fire Gase group think it would have been GOOD for SAM to have his third HC and third OC in 3 years?

Now, I am very worried that Sam will not grow up and get MUCH better. But for those of you who seem so damned confident that he is being held back..  is it that you want YET ANOTHER EXCUSE for Sam?

• Upvote 1

It's the right call... Not because I trust Gase explicitly, but because you can't just keep turning over the staff. Especially with a young QB. Consistency in that regard is important, in my opinion anyway. 

All that said... If some super high profile, highly regarded, super-duper great coach somehow finds his way onto the open market... Don't be surprised if Johnson goes back on this...

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Actually, 13th. Middle of the pack. Ok , considering the disastrous CBs and injuries.

28th in DVOA, 25th in points allowed.  Yardage rankings are dumb. 

Even if you want to use yardage, the Jets are 26th in pass yards allowed/game.   But we're good at stopping the run and stuff.  Super important in 2019.

40 minutes ago, SR24 said:

While I agree with the decision to bring him back for a year, I also agree that CJ shouldn't be making these decisions. Idk if I'd even let CJ stock the vending machines let alone team decisions lol

Well Connor Rogers' take is a bunch of drivel. 

I'm not sure any GM in the league has the authority to fire a head coach without the owner giving him the OK....so ultimately, it is always the owner's decision.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

So, those in the fire Gase group think it would have been GOOD for SAM to have his third HC and third OC in 3 years?

Now, I am very worried that Sam will not grow up and get MUCH better. But for those of you who seem so damned confident that he is being held back..  is it that you want YET ANOTHER EXCUSE for Sam?

Sam is horrible just like tannehill was horrible just like every QB gase has been with other than the already hof guy.

Tua will be horrible, Borrow will be horrible, Lawrence will be horrible.  It is not Adam Gases fault he has horrible qbs.

This thought that you need to keep a terrible coach around for sake of continuity is lame.  that is what gets you all those years of bowles

• Upvote 4

I don’t think this really means much of anything. 

His opinion can certinely change at any time. 

But the thought around the building is true that they were all dealt bad blows with all the injuries and sams mono that f’d things up. Including Macs terrible drafts. Didn’t see this as a easy mess to clean up fast. 

If they were this bad with all their starters healthy. Would prob be a diff story. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

28th in DVOA, 25th in points allowed.  Yardage rankings are dumb. 

Even if you want to use yardage, the Jets are 26th in pass yards allowed/game.   But we're good at stopping the run and stuff.  Super important in 2019.

11th actually. And it's not yardage.

Am not defedning the D exactly. Just letting you know what the ACTUAL rankings are. No more.

image.thumb.png.66a27261cea34d25858676d08210f9a8.png

Gase has not been impressive and still hasn't proven he's a good HC.  But
I knew there was no way Johnson was going to fire him after one year, it
would've opened him up to too much criticism.  Gase is 1-0 with seven games
left, finish the second half of the season 5-3 or 6-2 and grow Darnold.
I still won't be convinced about him but at least it would show progress 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Well Connor Rogers' take is a bunch of drivel. 

I'm not sure any GM in the league has the authority to fire a head coach without the owner giving him the OK....so ultimately, it is always the owner's decision.

Is it more fun as a sports reporter to follow failure & be negative or a winning  team? Patriot reporters once asked Belichick if he'd think about sticking with JImmy G instead of Brady after his suspension & Garapolo won 3 out of 4. 

BBs facial expression was priceless, lol. Reporters are just sh*t stirrers at every turn. Like Parcells once said, "There are two things in New York, euphoria and disaster. 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Don't get the need to come out and say this now.  You want to say the you will evaluate coacj, coaching staff, players at end of the season, fine.  But what is the point of saying his job is safe now.  At the end of the season, if Darnold and the rest of the team look better than they have over the first half, you make any announcements then.  I don't understand the timing.

because there is crazy amount of uncertainity going around.  he needed to stop the talk.

injuries have really hurt this team and Gase got a pass because of injuries and the crappy roster. 

• Upvote 1

So far the reasons to keep Gase have been:

1. Bad PR look for Johnson’s firing a coach after only one year

2. We would be paying 3 coaches 

3. Sam would have to learn a 3rd system in 3 years  

4. We had a lot of injuries  

Can any of the Gase supporters say what they actually think he does well to deserve to be the HC of the 2020 Jets?

This was always my argument for firing Bowles - what did he do well?

Does Gase excel at game planning, in-game schematic adjustments, in-game management (clock, challenges, etc).  Did he bring in a quality staff?  How does he handle the locker room and outside distractions? Does he appear to put his players in the best position to succeed with his play calls?

Im very curious what boxes people think this guy checks.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Somewhere way back in the deep and dark recesses of my brain, I want the Jets to lose the rest of their games in embarrassing fashion just so this trust fund baby dimwit has to eat his words and fire Gase after the season.   

Wow! That was cathartic!   

Just to be clear - I actually want the Jets to win out the rest of the way.  Just sayin'. Carry on. 

• Upvote 3

This organization kept Todd Bowles for 4 seasons he was one of the worst HC's in history of this organization. 

Adam Gase needs a re-do 2020 season before we can judge him. 

Decisions I don't agree with his 4 game debacle with Luke Falk as the QB who sucked (notice no other NFL team claimed him) his play calling at times and his ability to adjust during games. 

Give him another season team has been decimated with injuries and roster was terrible thanks to MM. 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Don't get the need to come out and say this now.  You want to say the you will evaluate coacj, coaching staff, players at end of the season, fine.  But what is the point of saying his job is safe now.  At the end of the season, if Darnold and the rest of the team look better than they have over the first half, you make any announcements then.  I don't understand the timing.

Agreed. Why tie your hands?

• Upvote 1