Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Kraft/Jones/Mara family/Rooney family all have shown in the past that they clearly have a significant roll in their coaches hiring/firing. 

So yeah, this is just typical Jet's inferiority complex syndrome where whatever they do the beat writers will spin into a negative and find sensitive Jets fans to buy into it. 

Connor Rogers couldn't write an un-biased article if he stole it from Manish (they used to talk to me) Mehta

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You know how people are worried that "Gase has broken Sam" and "it will take years to undo the bad habits and damage"?  After 4 games?

Imagine what it was like to be Mark Sanchez in 2012 and seeing Tim Tebow courted, Peyton Manning contacted, Tony Sporano hired, Braylon Edwards, Plaxico Burress, Ladanian Tomlinson, Thomas Jones, Tony Richardson, and Santonio Holmes all gone and replaced with Chaz Schillens, Clyde Gates, and Stephen Hill.

Good lord, stop with the "Mark stunk after the Jets" narrative.  He was a head case with a busted throwing shoulder.  The Jets broke him emotionally too.  There was no coming back after all that.  Good job, SOJF's.

SAR I

Mike Westhoff went on the record and said coaches told Tannenbaum he was nuts to give Sanchez the contract he received in 2012.

Sanchez couldn’t read a defense at high enough level. It’s why he couldn’t stay in the league once his skills diminished. 

4 minutes ago, NamathToCaster said:

I am sure Christopher talked to some of the players and did not get any major negative feedback.  So far I have not heard of any locker room problems.  Leo, Tru Johnson and  Kalil not playing so maybe younger players are giving everything they have to make this thing work.  Maybe players actually like Gase.

And next year when the Jets are 2-6 at the bye CJ will ask the players “Why does the team suck?” and they will blame the coaching. 

Now that frick and frack Johnson have made this announcement, it seems to me that a total, organized fan boycott is in order ... I mean TOTAL!  No season tickets, no going to games, no buying merchandise, and engaging in picket line type protests. It won't look good for tweedle dee and tweedle dum on tv if Met Life is virtully empty and/or is filled with fans of the opposing team. I don't know if any of this is possible in reality, and I know that any loss of money is meaningless to Goofus and Galant, but if we don't do something meaningful to take a stand (instead of chartering a plane), then we're just as culpable as dillwad and dillhole by helping to perpetuate the fraud that is this football "team."

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Injuries.

The best team in the history of the NFL.

Ryan Fitzpatrick hitting one of his patented hot streaks.

It's all quite plausible.  No conspiracy.  Take last year's 4-12 Jets, take away the two best receivers, decimate the OL and the LB's, and what are we?  2-14?  1-15?

Gase is making something out of nothing.  The team is sticking together.  The QB is progressing. 

Shut up and support the team.  We don't need SOJF's like you causing our ownership to make knee-jerk decisions to please you as you aren't real fans of the Jets.  You are fans of complaining about things.

SAR I

Yeah

Nah

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Double post again.

You probably don't know or care, but NFL is played in the off season for my favourite sport, where my team has been consistently successful over the past 50 years.

The coach of my favourite team is generally regarded as the best coach in the competition.

So this NFL only assumes 16 weeks of my attention to fill in the gap of the AFL off season. I then go back to watching AFL and forget about the dysfunction of the Jets until the off season again.

It would be nice to see the Jets succeed but I am nowhere near as emotionally invested in them as I am in my favourite team.

Just like to point out two things... 

1.)  Johnson gave Gase the vote of confidence RIGHT BEFORE the Giants game... in the locker room.

2.)  He also emphasized how important it was to beat the Giants. (which is kind of like your manager telling you "either this gets done or you hit the bricks")  

I mean.  He may be an incompetent.  But I had no idea he was even capable of doing that.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

Mike Westhoff went on the record and said coaches told Tannenbaum he was nuts to give Sanchez the contract he received in 2012.

Sanchez couldn’t read a defense at high enough level. It’s why he couldn’t stay in the league once his skills diminished. 

Sanchez sucked, and even I still would have brought him in - even out of shape - once the team realized Darnold was going to be out for 2-4 weeks.

He is and always was an idiot, whose physical skills have since diminished, but holy hell I'm sure he can still throw a football. Plus if we're going put a sideshow out there it may as well be entertaining with some nostalgia. Maybe he could give the crowd a penisfumble. 

2015 (the last time Sanchez threw a touchdown) wasn't so long ago, was it? 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Remove from the equation unique PR-disaster things, for which there's neither evidence nor rumor, like the public finding out about criminal or bigoted behavior on Gase's part, or a locker room revolt because every player to a man despises him like a sworn enemy.

Absent something that unforeseen, there's literally only one path to firing a coach after 1 year under these circumstances, and that's if they have someone else (someone else who's competent & well-regarded) that they've already hand-picked. There's also no way that is the case, for obvious reasons (starting with Johnson being competent, which I listed as one of the prerequisites).

Try reading, and realizing you agree with me, before getting pointlessly snarky. You read all that and think my belief is there was ever a chance they were firing Gase? The whole thing is about why they're not firing him. If you require a list:

• They're not firing him because he had a crappy roster even if healthy. 
  • They're not firing him because he had an injured roster on top of it's initial crappiness. 
  • They're not firing him because the roster will certainly be no better in January, making it an unattractive spot even without the acting owner firing his last handpicked HC after just one season.
  • They're not firing him because he has 3 more guaranteed years left on his contract.
  • They're not firing him because Douglas is here because of Gase, and if this is how Douglas treats his established friends/allies, why would anyone else with no such incoming loyalties come here?
  • They're not firing him because it's only been 1 season, with everything listed above. 

Big duh. While I can sympathize with the complaints about announcing his return next year, most of those same people likely already realize how unrealistic firing him would be. 

No.... I don't need a list.  I am aware of all the reasons why gase will be here next year.  those are legitimate reasons. 

you called it a legitimate reason of how gase could possibly be fired before next season.  Reason I was surprised hearing that coming from you. now you are throwing he has to be found, one of the following; be bigot, molested children, or caught doing blow off a stippers azz in addition to CJ and JD having a legitimate replacement for gase not being here next season.

So, you can try reading(me being snarky again) and know that I never thought they would fire gase with the roster he inherited after one season.  When Mac didn't improve it to his liking, he got with CJ and had JD lined up.  this is what you originally proposed happening to gase minus all the self destructive ways gase could get himself fired without even having a legitimate HC lined up before hand.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Was Gase the GM in Miami?  Did he pick the players?  Or was he the hero who turned a dismal 1-4 disaster into an amazing 10-6 playoff team?

Gase didn't like his owner and he didn't want to be a part of a team in a full-on rebuild without a franchise quarterback.  So he got out.  When the Jets called, with an owner that isn't an ego maniac, further along on its rebuild and with a franchise quarterback, he climbed aboard.

I'm quite pleased he chose the Jets.  He could have sat out the year and picked from any number of jobs.  Same for Joe Douglas, he didn't need to leave Philly when he did. 

How about we as fans repay those two guys the way that they have shown faith in us?  How about we don't poison the new culture before it even gets a chance to get off the ground?  How about we show the 'patience' that our best player requested of us?

SAR I

Please add Adam Gase to your "Hall of Shame" logo. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

No.... I don't need a list.  I am aware of all the reasons why gase will be here next year.  those are legitimate reasons. 

you called it a legitimate reason of how gase could possibly be fired before next season.  Reason I was surprised hearing that coming from you. now you are throwing he has to be found, one of the following; be bigot, molested children, or caught doing blow off a stippers azz in addition to CJ and JD having a legitimate replacement for gase not being here next season.

So, you can try reading(me being snarky again) and know that I never thought they would fire gase with the roster he inherited after one season.  When Mac didn't improve it to his liking, he got with CJ and had JD lined up.  this is what you originally proposed happening to gase minus all the self destructive ways gase could get himself fired without even having a legitimate HC lined up before hand.

I said outside of something outlandish (i.e. something that would get any HC fired on the spot), it is a reason he could. However it would not happen for obvious reasons. CJ is incompetent and doesn't know anybody, and beyond that JD - who has another half-decade plus of job security - isn't going to backstab the guy who got him hired. That's on top of the other reasons I listed.

That would be the only reason: if they had another plan in place, which they clearly do not and will not. The alternative (firing him in the absence of that) would mean to they have to begin arranging interviews after Gase gets the sympathy treatment from every sports media outlet in the country. 

I knew this. I mentioned this in another thread. The point is, he just hasn't had enough talent to work with. Nobody, not even Vince Lombardi could win with this roster. Gase needs to be given time with a talent infusion to see what his true coaching skills are. If Chris fired him now, he'd only be using Gase as a scapegoat.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This decision doesn't surprise me one bit. The Johnson's have made one bad personnel decision after another. This is just another in a long list, ho-hum. Gase is a terrible HC. I wonder how long it is going to take for the idiot owner to get his head out of his a$$. 

Bad teams stay bad.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

How do you know what's going on behind the scenes in Florham Park? This is team effort, is it Gase fault that GWs defense gave up a 16 point lead? Or that Sam got Mono, or CJ has played 1 half? Or that the entire Oline is a complete sh*tshow & spooked his young 22 year old QB? Some of these players just might be smart enough to understand the bad luck happening here, or that KO was a fake stealing money, or Trumaine wasn't even trying. 

This place is CRAZY, I just do not understand what everyone is expecting? 

Its not like things have been a little tough. 

We don't have 1 above average starting Olineman. 

Right now we don't have an inside linebacker.

We don't have any CBs that have experience.

We don't have 1 pass rusher opposing teams plan for. 

Our 22 year old QB is still raw & was weakened with Mono. 

We don't have 1 starting WR that can win a one on one jump ball. 

We have below average backup RBs. 

We haven't had our TE the entire year & the 1st game back he's on IR.

Oh, but don't give me excuses, lmao. 

If you were not a Jet fan & were not invested in this team, but were aware of bad juju that has befallen this team, you would be hoping that your team played them because your chances of winning are pretty damn good. We began with a terrible roster & it got worse & thinner every week.

Oh, but you guys would know what to do & put in those super wacky triple reverses to break up the monotony of the off tackle run that gets stuffed on 3rd & a foot for a 3 yard loss. Everyone is an offensive genius & would whip this line into shape, only call plays that work & stop Sam from throwing the ball directly to the opposition even though guys were open on the play call. 

There is a lot that goes into film study during the week. I have a feeling everyone on this offense is seeing missed opportunities, missed blocks, wrong routes, and presnap penalties. They might like Gase & feel like they are letting him down. 

There was no reason whatsoever to announce he was coming back next year with 7 games left to go.  Absolutely none.

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

So that's the new SOJF narrative?  Really?  "It wasn't the plane stunt backfiring that compelled our owner to make a public statement, he was just looking for an excuse to save a few million dollars on an enterprise worth $3 billion".  Give me a break.

The plane calling out Gase, all the national publicity, and the likes of moron Beningo calling out Johnson for 'disappearing' forced Christopher to make a decision and announce it today to the team, their families, and the fans.

Had the plane never flown and Gase went on to a 3-13 season, Gase likely gets fired.  But because the plane flew prematurely and unfairly, it forced Mr. Johnson and the entire organization to rally behind Gase as a victim and thus today's announcement.

The idiot with the plane (Jason Koeppel) and morons like Beningo and Mehta did this.  Not much different than the idiots who lobbied for Rex Ryan to keep his job in 2013 when he should have been fired.  Not much different than those humiliated by the Buttfumble who lobbied for Mark Sanchez to get the boot.  The Jets are a fan-friendly organization.  We do have an impact on team decisions at the highest level.  Knowing when to use that power is a gift that very few of you SOJF's understand.  You are as responsible as the Johnson's are for the so-called "dysfunction" the franchise experiences.

SAR I

Im not a SOJF dude for the record in case you haven't noticed beyond the end of your nose. 

I only updated the $$$$$$ totals. 

joewilly12 

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm shocked anyone is shocked by this. Gase looks like a lousy HC. It's also obvious he was dealt a crap hand this year with the injuries on what was already a very weak roster. 

Firing Gase under those circumstances would have but one potentially legitimate reason: CJ and Douglas are competent and already have a competent replacement picked behind the scenes (any charade interview stuff notwithstanding). It sure isn't going to garner a lot of interest from any good candidates for the Jets begin a coaching search in early January, after canning a HC - yes, even Gase - after 1 season under these circumstances.

Something (worse than another horrible record and another top 3 draft pick) would have to surface for Johnson to fire Gase after just this one season, and if something so outrageous surfaces then CJ can still dump him.

In the meantime we've got rumors of and a GoFundMe for another jackass flying a "FIRE ____" airplane banner because some people again think it will influence the owner's decision. This was not an inappropriate thing for Johnson to do and say at this time. I say this despite disliking both Chris Johnson and Adam Gase, and no matter how much I'd like both replaced. 

I'm shocked at the timing of this.  I did expect he'd be back but why is CJ just assuming the rest of the year is going to go well?  We lost to Miami so how can ANY game be a given?!  On top of that, Gase is a nutjob.  Who knows what's going to happen the rest of the way.  I just don't see why they couldn't wait 7 more games to see how the team responds. 

You think it would be bad to fire a HC 1 year into a 4 year deal?  How about if things really go south the rest of the way (e.g. 2-14 record, players and fans revolt) and CJ does a 180 and does fire Gase.  How bad would THAT look to our next prospective coach if our owner did something like that?  So now basically Gase has no accountability for the rest of this season.  We're wasting Darnold's affordable years with this nonsense.  If Gase can't even compete with a shorthanded team, how is he going to win a Superbowl when Darnold is getting paid $40M (or whatever) per season?

As for the plane gang, let me ask you this.  Do you think the fans had influence in the firing of Idzik?  And do you think Mehta had influence in the Jets not hiring Marrone?  

5 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

Image result for the plane the plane fantasy island

I hope the next plane says "sell the team Johnson family".  Not that it will make them sell the team but they deserve to be called out for the fools they are.  7 games left in a season that has been a disaster thus far and our owner guarantees next season for Gase.  WTF is he thinking?!

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

• They're not firing him because he had a crappy roster even if healthy. 
  • They're not firing him because he had an injured roster on top of it's initial crappiness. 
  • They're not firing him because the roster will certainly be no better in January, making it an unattractive spot even without the acting owner firing his last handpicked HC after just one season.
  • They're not firing him because he has 3 more guaranteed years left on his contract.
  • They're not firing him because Douglas is here because of Gase, and if this is how Douglas treats his established friends/allies, why would anyone else with no such incoming loyalties come here?
  • They're not firing him because it's only been 1 season, with everything listed above. 

All of the above is completely true, and in the history of Jimmy Johnson, and Bill Bellichick, who struggled in their first year with bad teams, only to turn them around and become Hall of Fame coaches, keeping Gase as HC for 2020 would make complete sense, from an objective basis, for the reasons you list above.   I also think that we will not get a better HC until we show the league we can get better players, so firing Gase now is somewhat of a waste of time.

For for those watching the games, and the interactions, and the injury reports, and Darnold's performance in most of his appearances, and now piecing together what happened Miami over the three years before Gase got here, Gase as HC of the NYJ does not feel right.  We know where this is going.  Its like watching the train hit the school bus.

So I will stick with my spiel-regardless of how Gase looks in 2019, this is a two year try out for him.  Maybe he gets pulled mid-year next year if the team, which should better, does not perform respectably.  But CJ said that Gase will be back-he did not say anything about his staff.  CJ and JD should put the hammer down and make him hire a better staff.  

24 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This decision doesn't surprise me one bit. The Johnson's have made one bad personnel decision after another. This is just another in a long list, ho-hum. Gase is a terrible HC. I wonder how long it is going to take for the idiot owner to get his head out of his a$$. 

The problem is that CJ meddles.  I loved the Joe D hire.  Macc/Bowles should've both been fired the day last season ended.  Joe D should've been hired and then CJ should've given him total control.

Instead we have our HC reporting to our moron owner who was born on home plate and thinks he hit a homerun.  I know the saying is "born on 3B and thinks he hit a triple" but I think CJ had an even bigger silver spoon than that.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Mr. Johnson did EXACTLY what everyone wanted him to do-  brought in a highly respected football man in Joe Douglas to make decisions.  And he did.

The problem isn't in Florham Park.  The problem is with you.  Gullible Same Old Jets Fans who are always looking for a way to be the problem, not the solution.  Your best player asked you for "patience".  Your young QB said he is learning a lot from this coaching staff.  Your new GM stands behind your head coach.  Listen to what the smart people are saying.  Put your rage away.  Time to shut up now.

SAR I

Gee I'm surprised all the SOJFs aren't a little more patient and understanding with all the success the organization has had over the last 50 years. What do you know anyway? You were the one who was preaching that this team could actually make the playoffs this year. LMAO. I think it actually may be time for you to STFU. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The problem is that CJ meddles.  I loved the Joe D hire.  Macc/Bowles should've both been fired the day last season ended.  Joe D should've been hired and then CJ should've given him total control.

Instead we have our HC reporting to our moron owner who was born on home plate and thinks he hit a homerun.  I know the saying is "born on 3B and thinks he hit a triple" but I think CJ had an even bigger silver spoon than that.  

Yes, the dysfunction starts at the top and seems like it will never end.