Christopher Johnson says Gase will return in 2020

50 minutes ago, Warfish said:

When will you be starting your inevitable "The Jets will Win the Division in 2020, and that's Ok" Thread?

Based on what I've seen so far, my original prediction was rock solid; if not for the injuries we'd be 5-4 right now with 5 of the last 7 in the 'easy' category.  Damn shame that Mosley, Enunwa, Herndon, 5 ILB's, 4 OL'men, and Darnold lost the entire/partial season like this.

We will undoubtedly have many roster changes so it's premature to make the call on 2020 at this time.  

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

I just don't understand how fans can expect so much from so little. Sams still learning to play the position. He's getting no protection, Bells running style behind this sh*tty Oline constantly is leaving the offense playing behind the chains in 2nd & 3rd and longs & our pass protection is horrific.

We can't run basic plays without penalties & you guys are screaming for more creativity. Did you watch Dalvin Cook vs the Cowboys? No f*cking dancing around like Bell does, he gets the ball & wham he attacks. The Oline doesn't match Bells running style. They don't have the strength up front to hold blocks long enough, nor the movement skills (Lets face it the Oline sucks), how much can you do when the Oline blows? Sam is not Russell Wilson. Wilson was also 24 when he was drafted, Sams still 2 years younger than that & he's in his 2nd NFL season. 

Lot of sh*t going on here. Young QB, horrible Oline, no big time WRs, a back that dances, pedestrian defense with no pass rushers & no CBs. These coaches came on with a plan but both have had to adapt over & over with way too many changing parts. You can't do sh*t without consistency. 

Yeah his dancing seemed to work when he was the most productive back since Jim Brown. He just is better at being patient and at least trying to find a hole. 

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

only in jetland are you supposed to be okay with miserable performance and continue to pay for it-imagine going to a restaurant spending lots of money and it is terrible and they tell you hey sorry it is going to suck each time you come for the foreseeable future but we expect you to keep coming and keep spending that money-oh and by the way the chef we brought in this year made everybody sick at his last job to the point he was fired but dont worry we think he is the guy to run the show here

Dennys.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Based on what I've seen so far, my original prediction was rock solid; if not for.....

i.e. you were wrong, but can woulda, coulda, shoulda like a champ till you were "right".

Got it, lets move on.

We will undoubtedly have many roster changes so it's premature to make the call on 2020 at this time.

Hence why I asked when the inevitable thread would be started.

"Not yet" would have sufficed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

NFL = “not for long”.  Every coach works under these conditions.

And are we really worried that Gase is so unprofessional that he’ll be looking around for his next job rather than on trying to impress people by doing as good a job as he can at his current one?  

If so, that would be reason enough to fire him right now! 

How do you know what's going on behind the scenes in Florham Park? This is team effort, is it Gase fault that GWs defense gave up a 16 point lead? Or that Sam got Mono, or CJ has played 1 half? Or that the entire Oline is a complete sh*tshow & spooked his young 22 year old QB? Some of these players just might be smart enough to understand the bad luck happening here, or that KO was a fake stealing money, or Trumaine wasn't even trying. 

This place is CRAZY, I just do not understand what everyone is expecting? 

Its not like things have been a little tough. 

We don't have 1 above average starting Olineman. 

Right now we don't have an inside linebacker.

We don't have any CBs that have experience.

We don't have 1 pass rusher opposing teams plan for. 

Our 22 year old QB is still raw & was weakened with Mono. 

We don't have 1 starting WR that can win a one on one jump ball. 

We have below average backup RBs. 

We haven't had our TE the entire year & the 1st game back he's on IR.

Oh, but don't give me excuses, lmao. 

If you were not a Jet fan & were not invested in this team, but were aware of bad juju that has befallen this team, you would be hoping that your team played them because your chances of winning are pretty damn good. We began with a terrible roster & it got worse & thinner every week.

Oh, but you guys would know what to do & put in those super wacky triple reverses to break up the monotony of the off tackle run that gets stuffed on 3rd & a foot for a 3 yard loss. Everyone is an offensive genius & would whip this line into shape, only call plays that work & stop Sam from throwing the ball directly to the opposition even though guys were open on the play call. 

There is a lot that goes into film study during the week. I have a feeling everyone on this offense is seeing missed opportunities, missed blocks, wrong routes, and presnap penalties. They might like Gase & feel like they are letting him down. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

This organization kept Todd Bowles for 4 seasons he was one of the worst HC's in history of this organization. 

Adam Gase needs a re-do 2020 season before we can judge him. 

Decisions I don't agree with his 4 game debacle with Luke Falk as the QB who sucked (notice no other NFL team claimed him) his play calling at times and his ability to adjust during games. 

Give him another season team has been decimated with injuries and roster was terrible thanks to MM. 

The problem Joe is that Joe Miami Teams has a lot of injuries too.  Also, IMHO CJ statement about AG being a "good" coach just shows how clueless he is...   It is what it is, as you say he got another season to prove his worth.  Frankly, I have no faith in his ability to coach but I hope he proves me wrong...  

• Upvote 1

Just now, SOJ said:

The problem Joe is that Joe Miami Teams has a lot of injuries too.  Also, IMHO CJ statement about AG being a "good" coach just shows how clueless he is...   It is what it is, as you say he got another season to prove his worth.  Frankly, I have no faith in his ability to coach but I hope he proves me wrong...  

Adam Gase needs to make a few changes to his staff OC/Asst HC Dowell Loggains and OL coach Frank Pollack need to go. 

19 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah his dancing seemed to work when he was the most productive back since Jim Brown. He just is better at being patient and at least trying to find a hole. 

Lol, he's got great vision, there is just no where to run. Behind the Steelers big tough Oline he'd thread his way & shoot through a hole, behind this sh*tshow he gets to the sideline because guys are blitzing gaps & then cuts it up just to not lose yardage. I'd love to have a camera inside his helmet so we could see what he sees. Like trying to run through the eye of a needle.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

The stupid plane stunt actually forced the Jets to make some type of statement now, in support of their employee.

So what really happened here is when the "committee" tried to force the team yo a decision of non-support, they actually forced one of support.

Great job, guys.

The plane had no bearing on anything. 

The Johnson brothers will not pay 3 HC's in the 2020 NFL season.

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

i.e. you were wrong, but can woulda, coulda, shoulda like a champ till you were "right".

Got it, lets move on.

Hence why I asked when the inevitable thread would be started.

"Not yet" would have sufficed.

I think the Jets would have been a playoff contender if healthy, 8+ wins without a doubt.  I think Darnold would have shown growth and Gase, while not beloved, would have been thought a solid young coach worthy of another year, no different than Edwards, Mangini, or Bowles.

Like many, I wait until the end of Preseason Game 3 to make a prediction.  This year I was wrong, but I don't walk it back-  I felt really good in August.  Not sure how I'll feel next summer.

SAR I

39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The plane had no bearing on anything. 

The Johnson brothers will not pay 3 HC's in the 2020 NFL season.

So that's the new SOJF narrative?  Really?  "It wasn't the plane stunt backfiring that compelled our owner to make a public statement, he was just looking for an excuse to save a few million dollars on an enterprise worth $3 billion".  Give me a break.

The plane calling out Gase, all the national publicity, and the likes of moron Beningo calling out Johnson for 'disappearing' forced Christopher to make a decision and announce it today to the team, their families, and the fans.

Had the plane never flown and Gase went on to a 3-13 season, Gase likely gets fired.  But because the plane flew prematurely and unfairly, it forced Mr. Johnson and the entire organization to rally behind Gase as a victim and thus today's announcement.

The idiot with the plane (Jason Koeppel) and morons like Beningo and Mehta did this.  Not much different than the idiots who lobbied for Rex Ryan to keep his job in 2013 when he should have been fired.  Not much different than those humiliated by the Buttfumble who lobbied for Mark Sanchez to get the boot.  The Jets are a fan-friendly organization.  We do have an impact on team decisions at the highest level.  Knowing when to use that power is a gift that very few of you SOJF's understand.  You are as responsible as the Johnson's are for the so-called "dysfunction" the franchise experiences.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Considering the financial issues and state of the roster this isn’t a surprise, but in typical Johnson fashion he screwed the pooch and went on record with it in a clueless manner 

he should have takes the opportunity to set expectations that improvement and progress are required and that the staff is always being evaluated and all options are open 

what a dweeb 

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The stupid plane stunt actually forced the Jets to make some type of statement now, in support of their employee.

So what really happened here is when the "committee" tried to force the team to a decision of non-support, they actually forced one of support.

Great job, guys.

Yes, but the owner of that website nobody has ever heard of pocketed roughly $2k from gullible fans, so at least someone made out

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Personally, I’m curious to see what Adam Gase can do in year two with a revamped OL (including an ace OLT from round one), a couple of new CBs that want to play, and the return of a healthy Mosley and Bell. Gase is 2-1 in games where he had his QB1 and starting OLT on the field at the same time, and they would have been 3-0 if Gregg Williams’ overrated defense opted to tackle Josh Allen one time in the last ten minutes of the Bills game. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Big leap for an owner to say “Hey we’re keeping this guy we just brought in less than 12 months ago.” I mean, it’s not what I want but it’s what I expect out of a 2nd rate franchise that can never make the right decision at the right time. 

Word. The mistake was made in January when they let that snake Maccagnan undercut Matt Rhule. Today’s announcement wasn’t a mistake as much as it was the inevitable consequence of the Rhule and Maccagnan screw-ups

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So that's the new SOJF narrative?  Really?  "It wasn't the plane stunt backfiring that compelled our owner to make a public statement, he was just looking for an excuse to save a few million dollars on an enterprise worth $3 billion".  Give me a break.

The plane calling out Gase, all the national publicity, and the likes of moron Beningo calling out Johnson for 'disappearing' forced Christopher to make a decision and announce it today to the team, their families, and the fans.

Had the plane never flown and Gase went on to a 3-13 season, Gase likely gets fired.  But because the plane flew prematurely and unfairly, it forced Mr. Johnson and the entire organization to rally behind Gase as a victim and thus today's announcement.

The idiots with the plane and morons like Beningo and Mehta did this.  Not much different than the idiots who lobbied for Rex Ryan to keep his job in 2013 when he should have been fired.  Not much different than those humiliated by the Buttfumble who lobbied for Mark Sanchez to get the boot.  The Jets are a fan-friendly organization.  We do have an impact on team decisions at the highest level.  Knowing when to use that power is a gift that very few of you SOJF's understand.  You are as responsible as the Johnson's are for the so-called "dysfunction" the franchise experiences.

SAR I

wow... do you really believe this????

49 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm shocked anyone is shocked by this. Gase looks like a lousy HC. It's also obvious he was dealt a crap hand this year with the injuries on what was already a very weak roster. 

Firing Gase under those circumstances would have but one potentially legitimate reason: CJ and Douglas are competent and already have a competent replacement picked behind the scenes (any charade interview stuff notwithstanding). It isn't going to garner a lot of interest from any good candidates for the Jets begin a coaching search in early January, after canning a HC - yes, even Gase - after 1 season under these circumstances.

Something (worse than another horrible record and another top 3 draft pick) would have to surface for Johnson to fire Gase after just this one season, and if something so outrageous surfaces then CJ can still dump him.

In the meantime we've got rumors of and a GoFundMe for another jackass flying a "FIRE ____" airplane banner because some people again think it will influence the owner's decision. This was not an inappropriate thing for Johnson to do and say at this time. I say this despite disliking both Chris Johnson and Adam Gase, and no matter how much I'd like both replaced. 

Your 2nd paragraph is exactly how JD got here and mac was fired.  now you think that JD and CJ are going to pull that on gase? cmon man...

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

I love the sticking with the BAD plan argument like the jets have never done that before-our problem is usually we stick to  guys that are shown to be clueless for too long......

imagine giving a vote of confidence to an employee with a terrible record of performance and telling him no matter how bad this year gets you are still going to be here next year

As the Chairman of an accredited AACSB Business Management Program I approve of this message..... :)  

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yes, but the owner of that website nobody has ever heard of pocketed roughly $2k from gullible fans, so at least someone made out

Let me take this opportunity to give Fireman Ed a very firm pat on the back for not taking the Beningo/Manish/Koeppel SOJF bait and keeping his mouth shut.

It's rare he does the right thing.  I'm very pleased he made a smart choice this time.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

What's shocking is that you don't.

I'm a two-time member of the Jets Fan Advisory Board and expect to be invited again this year.  You may want to listen to what I have to say.

SAR I

So you really believe that if the team continues to trend the way it has all season and finished 3-13 they would have fired gase?  But the planes saved him????  oh lort… He was going to be here next year anyway and I am okay with that.  our roster is complete dog shyte outside of a couple of positions, we weren't going to turn things around this year and that was evident by Macs firing.  Not having a roster and not having a coach are 2 separate items although they must be aligned.  

2 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

So you really believe that if the team continues to trend the way it has all season and finished 3-13 they would have fired gase?  But the planes saved him????  oh lort… He was going to be here next year anyway and I am okay with that.  our roster is complete dog shyte outside of a couple of positions, we weren't going to turn things around this year and that was evident by Macs firing.  Not having a roster and not having a coach are 2 separate items although they must be aligned.  

Nice backpedal.

Let's say that the Jets really nosedive, the locker room implodes, "unnamed sources" pay off Manish, a few guys get busted for pot, a car accident or two, you know, the usual Jetsy stuff.  In that instance, with the locker room lost, 3-13 might be all that's needed for Mr. Johnson to move on from Gase.

But now, some airplane numbnuts named Jason Koeppel ("Fire Adam Gase!") along with Beningo ("Where is Christopher Johnson?") and Manish ("Inept head coach!") created a national media narrative that the Jets owner was forced to respond to.  And he gave them the middle-finger.

So you can thank those three idiots for giving you exactly what you didn't want.  Because now no matter how bad the Jets finish the year, Mr. Johnson isn't going to walk back his show of support.  It would make him look like an untrustworthy fool which is the complete opposite of what he actually is.

SAR I

• Upvote 2