Bilal Powell

RonaldJet

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup..

He clearly is a better fit for this offense than Bell. He needs to get the ball more often.

Make Powell the lead back and move Bell wide and make him basically a receiver.

It just seems like Bell is good for five to six yards when thrown to in the flat almost at will and we only do it every other game? 

So weird.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

It just seems like Bell is good for five to six yards when thrown to in the flat almost at will and we only do it every other game? 

So weird.

I know running the ball has been scarce for him....and if you want to say his legs look shot I won't argue with you....but why we don't at least give him more throws in the flat to get him out in space is beyond me!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, RonaldJet said:

I don’t know if he plans to retire this year, but have you ever recalled a more under utilized player in Green and White? 

Hes been around through three coaches and four GMs and it’s the same story with regards to his usage. Could you imagine playing your entire career on the 2011-2019 Jets? If he was on the Patriots he would be a household name.

He's making up for it by seeing plays this year he has no business being on the field for. Way to go!

Seriously though he had always played and hard and we'll for us. Very mismanaged and used.

Hate that he is taking from bell this year but glad he is having a few good plays his last year in the green and white

Powell looks better because the line is so bad. Odd to say I know. What Powell is good at is being fast immediately. He doesn’t wait and try to find a hole, he just runs fast.

Bell’s smarts and patience are not a bonus with a bad oline that cant create running lanes. 

not taking anything away from Powell. He’s been a class act his whole career, and always seemed to be able to break off a big run when we needed it. Underrated player for sure, but like I said his running style Just helps mask a bad oline.

4 minutes ago, static14 said:

Powell looks better because the line is so bad. Odd to say I know. What Powell is good at is being fast immediately. He doesn’t wait and try to find a hole, he just runs fast.

Bell’s smarts and patience are not a bonus with a bad oline that cant create running lanes. 

not taking anything away from Powell. He’s been a class act his whole career, and always seemed to be able to break off a big run when we needed it. Underrated player for sure, but like I said his running style Just helps mask a bad oline.

I agree.  So why isnt bell noticing this and changing his style?

Billal had a good not a great game today the first time this season he’s looked anywhere near like he did in the past. Sure he had a very serious injury last year. Look he s a guy who often produced esp on draw plays. And got big gainers often. I was surprised when Gase signed him and he stuck. Powell is one of my fav players but he’s not better than Bell. But true so far Bell hasn’t been the contributor we had hoped for. But is that his fault. He’s given the Jets a good professional effort. I liked at least one moderate (10 plus) pass they threw him today and I’d like to see more of them. But the running game has been below average with no big gainers. I thought Bell could be a big first down maker for Sam and I think he could still be. 

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Good player but is good as that change of pace sub.  He has never grabbed the starting spot when he has had the chance.  Underrated for sure.

He would be a great starter but hes not durable enough to handle that role.

You can see w/ powell increasing playing time and even addams getting some carries that the coaching staff is realizing bell is a problem.

22 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree.  So why isnt bell noticing this and changing his style?

He’s spent his entire career being the runner he is. It’d be difficult I imagine for him to turn off literally every instinct he’s honed for all these years and just run fast. 

12 hours ago, RonaldJet said:

I don’t know if he plans to retire this year, but have you ever recalled a more under utilized player in Green and White? 

Hes been around through three coaches and four GMs and it’s the same story with regards to his usage. Could you imagine playing your entire career on the 2011-2019 Jets? If he was on the Patriots he would be a household name.

Because Gase is a douche .

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup..

He clearly is a better fit for this offense than Bell. He needs to get the ball more often.

Make Powell the lead back and move Bell wide and make him basically a receiver.

Powell has gotten hurt literally every time the Jets have attempted to make him more of a bellcow in the past.

He is what he is. A nice change of pace back and good locker room guy.

But he’s proven that he can’t handle more than 8-10 carries a game without breaking down.

I agree that his workload should increase, but you don’t make him the starter.

• Upvote 4

Is Bell hurt? I know our Oline sucks but damn I don't know what to make of Bells sloth like play? I hate the fact his play can be blamed solely on the play of the Oline. I'm wondering if he's hit the proverbial wall. He's so freaking young still it doesn't seem possible but he's been a good soldier & thank god because this fan base would be raking him over the coals if he wasn't. 

You all remember the talk of Adam Gase not wanting Le'veon Bell & how Jet fans mocked him but maybe Adam Gase was right. His salary compared to production totally NOT WORTH IT! We would have been better of with Morse & Norwell instead. 

When a 31 year old Powell looks visibly faster and more explosive than the 27 year old Bell, that’s a problem for Bell.  Bell was never the most explosive RB, due to his ultra patient running style, but the guy looks bad.  He’s really looked like this all season so I don’t think it’s injuries. He just may be done being that elite RB so many people thought they would be getting.  Sometime RBs just fall off the cliff.  The nature of the position. 

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

When a 31 year old Powell looks visibly fastEr and more explosive than the 27 year old Bell, that’s a problem for Bell.  Bell was never the most explosive RB, due to his ultra patient running style, but the guy looks bad.  He’s really looked like this all season so I don’t think it’s injuries. He just may be done being that elite RB so many people thought they would be getting.  Sometime RBs just fall off the cliff.  The nature of the position. 

Yup.  Bell isnt a dalvin cook.  A guy who can run in any scheme.  

Bell can only run in 1 specific scheme and unfortunately, we dont run that.  Look for more powell and Addams moving forward as they are clearly better then bell.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1