4 True/False Questions about Jamal Adams........

Sarge4Tide

4 T/F Questions about Jamal Adams  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Jamal Adams is the best Safety to ever Play for the New York Jets

• TRUE
    • FALSE
  2. 2. Jamal Adams is one of the 5 Best Defensive Players to Ever Play for the the New York Jets

• TRUE
    • FALSE
  3. 3. Jamal Adams is one of the 10 Best Defensive Players to Ever Play for the New York Jets

• TRUE
    • FALSE
  4. 4. Jamal Adams would be one of the Starting Safeties on my All Time New York Jets team right now

• TRUE
    • FALSE

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Chronology of events:

1)  Jamal admits privately to Ryan Clark and his inner circle that he'd like to go to Dallas.

2)  Trade doesn't happen.

3)  Jamal throws tirade, compares himself to Aaron Donald, complains that GM shouldn't have even "picked up the phone."

Of course it means something that he admitted privately he'd be fine with getting traded, only to later throw a tantrum when he WASN'T traded.  It means he doesn't want to be here, and 100 % of the reason he was pissed was because he DIDN'T get traded.

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If you think he isn't one of the Top 5 defensive players in Jets history, which us totally cool and a valid opinion, whi ARE the top 5?

Klecko for sure

Revis probably 

Gastineau?

Going way back.....Gerry Philben? Larry Grantham?

Aaron Glenn & Mo Lewis off the top of my head, John Abraham maybe? Adams hasn't done it long enough yet but if he continues to ascend he'll be right up there.

• Upvote 2

imo a couple of problems with this list.  the first is that it cover many eras of the nfl.  each era has its now emphasis with regard to the type of player that succeeds.  the second is that memories fade.  i've been a fan of the jets for 50 years yet i doubt if i can name even two or three strong safeties besides adams.  but make no mistake, adams is a darn good player.

8 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If you think he isn't one of the Top 5 defensive players in Jets history, which us totally cool and a valid opinion, whi ARE the top 5?

Klecko for sure

Revis probably 

Gastineau?

Going way back.....Gerry Philben? Larry Grantham?

In my fan time (late 70s on) Klecko, Revis and Gastineau are in the top tier. Adams isn’t there if he keeps playing like he has during his career he still won’t be there. He’d be in the second tier with players like Glenn, Lyons and Lewis. If he keeps playing like he did the last two games he’d definitely would be though.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pretty simple.  If Adams were truly elite in coverage, there'd be no reason to play him at the LOS as much as Williams does.  

That's your narrative.   Or Williams recognizes we have no pass rusher and Adams also has a skill set he can utilize to get to the QB which, I know this might be shocking to you, helps the pass coverage.  He's an ALL-Pro Safety.   He is an ELITE player.  End of story, any argument after that is you trying to justify your take on Jamal Adams.   Been a Jets fan for over 40 years and there are maybe 4 players, maybe 5 that I considered elite on Defense that we have had.   Gastineau, Kleco, Abraham and Revis and maybe, maybe Aaron Glenn as far as being elite. and Adams is right up there and he's only in year 3.   

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Then feel free to name him the best Safety in Jets History.  No stress to me.  

Just curious.  What safety in Jets history is better in your opinon.... Victor Green, Erik McMillan, Kerry Rhodes, Bill Baird???

We have never had a safety like Adams.  It's only year 3,  I am not calling him the Best ever,   Just pointing out if you are gonna say someone isn't good at something at least have some facts to back it up. Because he is very good in coverage. 

And for the record I hate the temper tantrum he threw.   I hope that doesn't become an issue with him becasue if his attitude is always gonna be like that I am all for trading him.   I hope it was a learning and growing experience and it never happens again.  I am just gonna state the facts on the player he is and the fact is he is one of the best, if not the best, safety in the NFL right now

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

Plenty. Owens, McMillan, Green, Ray. 

I loved Erik McMillian but he was great his first 2 years and complete liability after that. Green was a good player but no where near the talent of an Adams. Darrol Ray and Burgess Owens.... Come on man. They were solid players but that's it.  None are Adams, none have his ability, none played on the level he plays.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Does it impact your opinion on this to know that Jamal Adams doesn't want to be here?

Not until I hear him say that .

You keep saying it and there isnt a quote that actually says that.

Saying hed be ok if he was traded, after saying more than onve that he doesnt want to go anywhere else, because he grew up in Texas and was a Cowboy fan isnt the same thing.  

So not a real question

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Chronology of events:

1)  Jamal admits privately to Ryan Clark and his inner circle that he'd like to go to Dallas.

2)  Trade doesn't happen.

3)  Jamal throws tirade, compares himself to Aaron Donald, complains that GM shouldn't have even "picked up the phone."

Of course it means something that he admitted privately he'd be fine with getting traded, only to later throw a tantrum when he WASN'T traded.  It means he doesn't want to be here, and 100 % of the reason he was pissed was because he DIDN'T get traded.

You left out number 4).  Where the hating fan makes things up and posts it as fact.

Clark said nothing about being told by Adams or his inner circle anything .

Shefter tweeted that Clark said Adams would like to go home.  Hes also said repeatidly that he wants to stay here.  That its where his father played and had his career short.  Yeah, if traded to Dallas, well he was borne there and rooted for them.  Thats not I want a trade.  Or better yet told Clark anything.  

Lets butcher the report even more than the last claim that Adams actually said he wants to go to Dallas.

Or better yet, he threw a tirade.  Because he WASNT traded.  LOL, nice spin.  He was clearly pissed they would trade him but to some he was really pissed that he wasnt traded.  Forget what he says, twitter says something slightly different

Come on