Breaking (Fake) News Headlines

Maxman

22 minutes ago, CTM said:

That sucks about the company scamming you. Unfortunately it happens all too frequently, they rely on people to either not know how to measure things or just give up if they do and realize they aren't getting what they paid for. At my company I don't sign a contract anymore without a built in split test to prove it does what they claim. Most refuse so I walk away. Of those that have accepted not 1 has actually delivered yet.

It is common, you are right. This is on the much smaller side since it was just a plugin. Wasn't a ton of money. The guy wrote it, put it in the marketplace and was selling a bunch in PHP 5. Actually got this working on PHP 5 but he wasn't respond about the PHP 7 issue. Rather than try to fix it, I think the programmer just abandoned the plugin. So we said screw it and just wrote our own.

Then I started this thread, then all hell broke loose lol.

aroused dude wheres my car GIF

ashton kutcher tattoo GIF

I wanted a No and then Gif but apparently we don't have one in the library.

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The football acumen aside, the inability to politely disagree without name calling and dragging many conversations into social commentary based on personal agenda grow tiring.

I think that's what it comes down to for me as well. I have disagreed with @Jetsfan80 a lot the past few years, on the tanking, on the current Jets...and we never once fought (that I can remember). Using him as an example, I see him make his points and disagree but he never acts like he is better than others or his view is more important.

This is a football message board for crying out loud. We really aren't solving major problems here. So if someone can't post without all that attitude, this probably isn't the place for them.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Aww, I feel loved to be singled out in a positive light like this.

Now GFY.  

Whatever man tanking is stupid. Lose for Tua?  HE"S HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Whatever man tanking is stupid. Lose for Tua?  HE"S HURT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lol

*** Jets win meaningless games against Dolphins and Bills to finish 6-10.  Draft a D-Lineman at # 8 overall ***

Jets fans:  WHO ELSE WERE WE SUPPOSED TO TAKE WE MISSED OUT ON THE LT, WR AND CB

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

*** Jets win meaningless games against Dolphins and Bills to finish 6-10.  Draft a D-Lineman at # 8 overall ***

Jets fans:  WHO ELSE WERE WE SUPPOSED TO TAKE WE MISSED OUT ON THE LT, WR AND CB

I hate you, but this one was really good.

image.png

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

The football acumen aside, the inability to politely disagree without name calling and dragging many conversations into social commentary based on personal agenda grow tiring.

If that's an issue can we ban T0m next?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Something I wrote behind the scenes after I found this happened. When was the last time he agreed with anyone on any football-related topic? I mean holy hell I take pride in being a snotty know-it-all who preys upon correcting people to satiate personal insecurity I don't believe is really there. It's obvious to everyone except me. Yet in between those moments I do agree with thousands of posts just to show that I'm not here purely just to put people down. Absent that I'd be either disagreeing with people or remaining silent waiting for the next opportunity to disagree.

His behavior is the polar opposite of what my grandmother used to say about, "If you don't have anything nice to say..." to make me a better person. The past year or two I've tried to be polite and all olive-branchy even with him by agreeing with him on something or positive-rating some posts of his, like I've done with many others who once hated my guts here (like you, lol). It's gotten me nowhere with him, though, and never will.

And yes, the subtle or overt extrapolation of any mild football disagreement to a greater discussion about society and/or those he looks down upon within society? Yawn. I come here to get away from that and talk football (or whatever it is the Jets have done over the last several years that they call football). 

If/when he creates a new username someday under the radar and genuinely wants a fresh start, we'd all give him that opportunity and leave the past in the past. Even with all he's saying here, and it's not for show, but @Maxman is a softy with a big heart and if that did occur he'd welcome it. It won't happen, though; it'll be Aten Part III.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Something I wrote behind the scenes after I found this happened. When was the last time he agreed with anyone on any football-related topic? I mean holy hell I take pride in being a snotty know-it-all who preys upon correcting people to satiate personal insecurity I don't believe is really there. It's obvious to everyone except me. Yet in between those moments I do agree with thousands of posts just to show that I'm not here purely just to put people down. Absent that I'd be either disagreeing with people or remaining silent waiting for the next opportunity to disagree.

His behavior is the polar opposite of what my grandmother used to say about, "If you don't have anything nice to say..." to make me a better person. The past year or two I've tried to be polite and all olive-branchy even with him by agreeing with him on something or positive-rating some posts of his, like I've done with many others who once hated my guts here (like you, lol). It's gotten me nowhere with him, though, and never will.

And yes, the subtle or overt extrapolation of any mild football disagreement to a greater discussion about society and/or those he looks down upon within society? Yawn. I come here to get away from that and talk football (or whatever it is the Jets have done over the last several years that they call football). 

If/when he creates a new username someday under the radar and genuinely wants a fresh start, we'd all give him that opportunity and leave the past in the past. Even with all he's saying here, and it's not for show, but @Maxman is a softy with a big heart and if that did occur he'd welcome it. It won't happen, though; it'll be Aten Part III.

Yup. You can find a lot out about people by seeing the scores of the reputations they receive, and the reputations they give. It is an interesting study.

Now, I am not saying that reputation is a be-all of anything telling. But, you can see those that reciprocate in kind, and those that reciprocate only in negative ways.

I hate you.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 5

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yup. You can find a lot out about people by seeing the scores of the reputations they receive, and the reputations they give. It is an interesting study.

Now, I am not saying that reputation is a be-all of anything telling. But, you can see those that reciprocate in kind, and those that reciprocate only in negative ways.

I hate you.

I so want to neg rep this post just on general principle.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I hate you.

Here’s a fake headline that you and I would love.....Mets sign Rendon to 5 yr, $160mm deal?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Here's an idea: how about we bring back all the JetNation banned greats, but only let them post in a separate forum with each other? They each have to post a certain amount of times every day or they get disqualified, and the last one standing gets to return to the main forums. Think of it like a sadistic game of A$$hole Mafia. It would be some mighty good entertainment for the rest of us.

And I already know who I'm betting will come out on top: @RAYRAYon WolfAnal

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

21 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Here's an idea: how about we bring back all the JetNation banned greats, but only let them post in a separate forum with each other? They each have to post a certain amount of times every day or they get disqualified, and the last one standing gets to return to the main forums. Think of it like a sadistic game of A$$hole Mafia. It would be some mighty good entertainment for the rest of us.

And I already know who I'm betting will come out on top: @RAYRAYon WolfAnal

I think the Hampur already did that.

58 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I hate you.

Look deep into my Rep Count, tell me what you seeeeee.......

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I actually think his take on Darnold agrees with many of us.  I believe he stated outright that we don't know for sure and we should never let a guy we don't know about alter our chance to get a franchise QB.  Now, he pointed that out by posting snotty advanced stats at people, but that is just a style thing.

The one time I remember really fighting with him was about Cromartie.  He dropped some knowledgeable sh*t, but used different terminology than I am used to - I use old school terms most of the time, not this modern mumjo jumbo.  By the time I figured out what he was talking about it was too late to continue.  

He thinks he is better than us.  Why do we care?  I think I am better than us too.  I expect most of you should.