CLEMSON / OHIO ST Bowl Game Thread

JTJet

7 hours ago, JTJet said:

Agree to disagree. 

I think Clemson is clearly better. The difference is that Ryan Day is coaching circles around Sweeney. 

Day got too conservative after the refs intervened 

my head and heart feels like Brien just missed two field goals last night

will be an LSU fan for the natty - Heisman got it right, let's go Joe

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Don't know anything about him personality wise but an employee that works for me has a class with Trevor in college and said he's dumb as rocks.

It's funny because when I was looking at him yesterday I was wondering what kind of a person the kid is off the field.  He looks like a surfer dude to me.  (though I just looked it up and he's from Tennessee so he's almost certainly not - lol).

4 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Clemson played its worst game in 2 years and still beat OSU.  Day was such a whiny bitch postgame and I love it.  Beating OSU is always fun.  

Wow.  That was pretty arrogant.  You were gifted that game by 3-4 questionable calls that all went your way.  If one went the way it should've, you lose.

Now I hope LSU pushes your sh!t back up.

BTW- I think they played worse vs "Cuse last year. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Wow.  That was pretty arrogant.  You were gifted that game by 3-4 questionable calls that all went your way.  If one went the way it should've, you lose.

Now I hope LSU pushes your sh!t back up.

BTW- I think they played worse vs "Cuse last year. 

Please, the refs didn’t cost OSU that game.  OSU kicked 3 field goals inside the 20 and that’s why they lost.  And Ryan Day was crying like a baby about calls.  Maybe they’ll learn how to close out games.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Please, the refs didn’t cost OSU that game.  OSU kicked 3 field goals inside the 20 and that’s why they lost.  And Ryan Day was crying like a baby about calls.  Maybe they’ll learn how to close out games.  

Meh, the refs had a pretty large imprint on that outcome.  That's hard to say otherwise.  Whether or not it was the main reason, who knows, but Day had every right to be upset.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Meh, the refs had a pretty large imprint on that outcome.  That's hard to say otherwise.  Whether or not it was the main reason, who knows, but Day had every right to be upset.  

They still could have closed out that game, and they didn’t.  They left too many points on the field and it came back to bite them, you can’t do that in championship games.  They’ll be better next year, barring some injuries you’ll probably see 3 of these 4 teams in the playoffs again next year.  

• Upvote 1

Was away watching that sh*tfest in buffalo... finally got a chance to watch the game in it's entirety last night...

the "buzz" has been quiet on clemson players - leading me to pray for a higgins 2nd rnd and Etienne 3rd rnd Tiger dbl down... #Dreaming

Gonna wear my clemson hoodie this week and see if anyone on this fcking island even looks my way 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Was away watching that sh*tfest in buffalo... finally got a chance to watch the game in it's entirety last night...

the "buzz" has been quiet on clemson players - leading me to pray for a higgins 2nd rnd and Etienne 3rd rnd Tiger dbl down... #Dreaming

Gonna wear my clemson hoodie this week and see if anyone on this fcking island even looks my way 

It sucks that the Jets are picking 16th in the 2nd round, Tee would have to fall pretty far for the Jets to grab him. 

On 12/29/2019 at 1:08 AM, 14 in Green said:

Have you watched Clemson??? 29 wins in a row, been to the last 4 title games. won 2 of 3 title games against Alabama, who in case you don’t remember, was thought pretty highly of also.?

I like both teams, but if push comes to shove, I’m sticking up for my “second team”. They’ll never surpass how I root for my own school, but they’re the one I adopted when I moved to SC 8 years ago. I hated Spurrier, and down here your either Tiger or Gamecock. Plus I’m partial to Orange.

Do you know the difference between the ACC and the SEC. Clemson plays 2-3 tough games a year. LSU has to run the gauntlet every season.

10 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It sucks that the Jets are picking 16th in the 2nd round, Tee would have to fall pretty far for the Jets to grab him. 

Agreed, i'm not convinced he falls out of round 1 at all, but if he did, you have to think we lost our window after beating to teams playing their back ups. 

2 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Do you know the difference between the ACC and the SEC. Clemson plays 2-3 tough games a year. LSU has to run the gauntlet every season.

Not entirely true.... the east has been trench wafare yes, but the west has been a pond skating event in comparison... Alabama had a like 1 competitive game last year (against LSU nonetheless).... putting on conference blinders is how you end up taking QW #3 overall thinking he's Aaron Donald. 

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Not entirely true.... the east has been trench wafare yes, but the west has been a pond skating event in comparison... Alabama had a like 1 competitive game last year (against LSU nonetheless).... putting on conference blinders is how you end up taking QW #3 overall thinking he's Aaron Donald. 

He does make a good point -- I know I am an SEC homer -- but LSU has Bama and Auburn every season and they also play Florida as their SEC East crossover game every year.  That is 3 likely top 10 games every year.  And if they navigate that successfully, add in a 4th in the SEC Championship game.  No fault of Clemson, but the ACC has been down last couple of years, and they really have not been challenged in their Championship game.  ACC desperately needs a decent challenger to Clemson: VA Tech, Miami, FSU, someone has to step up and be able to challenge them.

Now, after beating OSU, if Clemson goes into New Orleans and beats LSU in the Superdome, they have earned their Championship, but the road to the playoff has been much easier for Clemson than it was for LSU.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Auburn is better than any team in ACC maybe including Clemson . A&M is better than probably all but Clemson and possibly VA. Plus LSU had to play Georgia and Florida .

Auburn is better than any team in ACC maybe including Clemson . A&M is better than probably all but Clemson and possibly VA. Plus LSU had to play Georgia and Florida .

Clemson is much, much better than Auburn.

C'mon guys. The ACC sucks but Clemson is the reigning dynasty in the sport. They have an easier path the playoff but they've proven it once they get there.

• Upvote 2

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Clemson is much, much better than Auburn.

C'mon guys. The ACC sucks but Clemson is the reigning dynasty in the sport. They have an easier path the playoff but they've proven it once they get there.

Disagree completely. Auburn was the only team that gave LSU a real game this season - Clemson and Auburn are very close talent wise.

14 minutes ago, Lith said:

He does make a good point -- I know I am an SEC homer -- but LSU has Bama and Auburn every season and they also play Florida as their SEC East crossover game every year.  That is 3 likely top 10 games every year.  And if they navigate that successfully, add in a 4th in the SEC Championship game.  No fault of Clemson, but the ACC has been down last couple of years, and they really have not been challenged in their Championship game.  ACC desperately needs a decent challenger to Clemson: VA Tech, Miami, FSU, someone has to step up and be able to challenge them.

Now, after beating OSU, if Clemson goes into New Orleans and beats LSU in the Superdome, they have earned their Championship, but the road to the playoff has been much easier for Clemson than it was for LSU.

No debating that the SEC is the proving ground at the moment..... @56mehl56 post just made it sound like - oh if you're in the sec you're automatically battle tested... which i think is a stretch at times.

Last year with bama was obvious when they got cornholed by the "ACC darling" Clemson in the natty game

Disagree completely. Auburn was the only team that gave LSU a real game this season - Clemson and Auburn are very close talent wise.

That was early in the season -- Texas gave LSU a game early in the season.

If they played tomorrow LSU would mop the floor with Auburn.

Clemson is probably the most talented team in the country top to bottom -- Alabama and maybe Ohio State are the only teams close.

26 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I agree with that, but Clemson has played very well against Alabama in the last 3 natty's. I think they can hang with anyone, don't you?

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That was early in the season -- Texas gave LSU a game early in the season.

If they played tomorrow LSU would mop the floor with Auburn.

Clemson is probably the most talented team in the country top to bottom -- Alabama and maybe Ohio State are the only teams close.

Auburn was around Halloween so not early in season .

Yes Texas was a challenge but it also was very early in season , those games can be tough

I think you're really underestimating LSU if you think they are they are not in the top 3 talent wise - but hey I'm a fan.

All I can say is I guarantee the Tigers will win the National Championship

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I agree with that, but Clemson has played very well against Alabama in the last 3 natty's. I think they can hang with anyone, don't you?

We shall see, they are well coached and have one thing LSU has struggled with - a dynamic QB that can pass and run.

But I don't see any team slowing down LSU's offense. If LSU loses it will be because they beat themselves with mistakes.

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Auburn was around Halloween so not early in season .

Yes Texas was a challenge but it also was very early in season , those games can be tough

I think you're really underestimating LSU if you think they are they are not in the top 3 talent wise - but hey I'm a fan.

All I can say is I guarantee the Tigers will win the National Championship

LSU is right there too -- but in terms of overall NFL talent I don't think they're quite on the same level as Clemson, Alabama and Ohio State. Probably top 5 though.

I'm rooting for LSU too. It's a great story and I like to see a mix up at the top.

27 minutes ago, Lith said:

I totally agree.  I’ve been saying for the last couple years that the ACC needs FSU, Miami, Va Tech to be perennial top 25 teams to have more credibility.  

Having said that, it hasn’t hurt Clemson’s ability to prepare for and beat the other SEC teams.  There have been 17 National Playoff games played since they started the playoffs, Clemson has won 6, Alabama has won 6, and the rest of the country has won 5.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I totally agree.  I’ve been saying for the last couple years that the ACC needs FSU, Miami, Va Tech to be perennial top 25 teams to have more credibility.  

Having said that, it hasn’t hurt Clemson’s ability to prepare for and beat the other SEC teams.  There have been 17 National Playoff games played since they started the playoffs, Clemson has won 6, Alabama has won 6, and the rest of the country has won 5.  

I don't mean to diminish Clemson's accomplishments.  You guys have been great over the past decade.  You and Bama have both been dominant and you guys have earned every one of the Natty's that you have won.  Clemson has been a worthy Champ and will be again if you beat LSU. 

Just because I think your path to the playoff is easier, does not mean I don't think Clemson is as good or better than the top SEC teams.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Meanwhile......the best coach in college football, Herman Edwards has his sun devils up 9-0 vs FSU in his bowl game.  ?

Honestly, it shouldn't be hard to have a good program in Tempe.  The weather's great and the women are even hotter.  I was pissed the Ducks lost there, but not too upset because I didn't want to get obliterated in the CFB playoffs.

• Upvote 2