Grade Darnolds performance today

C.  Not a great game by him.  The first pick I didn’t have a problem with.  It was tipped by the receiver and it happens.  However the second pick he got bailed out by the penalty.  That was just a terrible decision.  Also he underthrew Brown for the easyTD, usually he makes those plays well but didn’t today.  Still showed good throws on other drives.  I’m a big Sam fan but I try to be fair.  I was hoping for a big year from him and the team this year but it didn’t happen.  I think injuries/sickness was part of the reason.  Sam still has a couple of bad habits he needs to fix and I think he will.  Overall it was a learning experience and I still have high hopes for him.  Gotta get the kid an OL because running for his life most snaps does him no favors either 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Jackson was part of Sams draft. Not part of Mahones and Watson draft.

Before you hit reply, see if your dog can help proofread your next post.

I know this Lurch and I wanted those other QB's in previous years drafts. 

Does your dog like peanut butter or do you force feed him. 

• Thumb Down 3

His accuracy was really bad today.  The interception was a bad bounce(literally) but not a great throw.  The INT that ended up coming back due to penalty was also a bad throw.  He should have just run for the first, but it's not like he forced it into coverage, but still didn't take the "smart"play.

When his mechanics are sound, he is sound.  When they aren't, he isn't.  Sometimes his mechanics are forced due to bad OL, sometimes it's just him getting antsy.

Not sure if he will outgrow that if the OL gets better.  I hope so, but can't say for sure.

• Upvote 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

His accuracy was really bad today.  The interception was a bad bounce(literally) but not a great throw.  The INT that ended up coming back due to penalty was also a bad throw.  He should have just run for the first, but it's not like he forced it into coverage, but still didn't take the "smart"play.

When his mechanics are sound, he is sound.  When they aren't, he isn't.  Sometimes his mechanics are forced due to bad OL, sometimes it's just him getting antsy.

Not sure if he will outgrow that if the OL gets better.  I hope so, but can't say for sure.

I think the OL will help tremendously.  I agree those bad habits need to get cleaned up

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Says the dude  who said what about Mahomes you tell everyone I cant...I just cant repeat it even if it means disparaging you. 

Image result for thick glasses gifs

Still not a much of a smooth brain take as JT Barrett @ 6 overall.

For the uninitiated, I said that I felt Mahomes was a day 2 pick before the combine (I eventually had him as a first round pick) and captain "I want everyone" over here thinks that this type of take condemns me to all 7 layers of hell.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Still not a much of a smooth brain take as JT Barrett @ 6 overall.

For the uninitiated, I said that I felt Mahomes was a day 2 pick before the combine (I eventually had him as a first round pick) and captain "I want everyone" over here thinks that this type of take condemns me to all 7 layers of hell.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Quick post images of the ten players you want so everyone knows who you're talking about.

Do you live in your parents basement?  Do you hold down a steady job and make earn income that supports you?  You seem like a troubled individual. Get some help. 

All you want to do is argue and ridicule others. 

NY Jets football all other commentary NOT INTERESTED. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you live in your parents basement?  Do you hold down a steady job and make earn income that supports you?  You seem like a troubled individual. Get some help. 

Nope.

Yes.

I'm good.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, SummerofSam14 said:

They got the win so I will give him a C, but a very ugly game from Sam. One of his worst of the season.

I give him a C as well.. it was average not one of his worst but even with player sitting on the Buffalo D, they have depth and it's still a good D.  Plus the weather didn't help.  I'll  take an ugly win over a beautiful loss