Tannehill... Highest Rated Starting QB in 2019

jetsons

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

gase was HIRED because he was supposed to bring out the BEST in Sam... he did NOT...

Sam Darnold just had one of the greatest quarterback seasons in team history.

Talk about making something out of nothing.  All those injuries, no OL, no TE, no WR's, no ground game.  Goes 6-2 down the stretch.  Controls the ball.  Shows his smarts.  Limits turnovers.  Learns from his mistakes.

Adam Gase did a masterful job.  Extenuating circumstances led to exceptional coaching.  His mentorship of Darnold in those trying times is something to admire.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Sam Darnold just had one of the greatest quarterback seasons in team history.

Talk about making something out of nothing.  All those injuries, no OL, no TE, no WR's, no ground game.  Goes 6-2 down the stretch.  Controls the ball.  Shows his smarts.  Limits turnovers.  Learns from his mistakes.

Adam Gase did a masterful job.  Extenuating circumstances led to exceptional coaching.  His mentorship of Darnold in those trying times is something to admire.

SAR I

do you smoke drugs?

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Now all we need is for Gase to be fired for Darnold to blossom...

Gase wasn't fired.  He left Miami.  Gase did a great job with Darnold this year.  He should still be at USC and here he is, playing at a high level.

AFC Offensive Player Of The Week the day he comes back from mono.  And a 6-2 finish.  Shh.  Don't tell anyone Darnold progressed this season and that Dowell Loggains is our offensive coordinator.  It blows the 'Gase Sucks' vibe.  Makes them ornery.

• Upvote 2

On 1/1/2020 at 9:07 PM, Skeet Ulrich said:

It's not surprising. The Titans have a good OL, a beast of a runner and really good WRs. See what happens when you invest in the offensive side of the football?

Meaningless without a comparison to Miami 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

2 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Now all we need is for Gase to be fired for Darnold to blossom...

Gase wasn't firedHe left Miami.

Delusional 

I’d bet you can’t name a single thing that Gase did to “Coach up” Manning or Tannehill 

On 1/1/2020 at 3:27 PM, jetsons said:

With Gase Tannehill played pretty poorly... Without Gase He played Very Well.

and fitzpatrick basically had the same season he had in 2015 with the jets.  the jets would've killed to have a qb with an above 90 qbr for any of the past 20 years.

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

Gase wasn't fired.  He left Miami.  Gase did a great job with Darnold this year.  He should still be at USC and here he is, playing at a high level.

AFC Offensive Player Of The Week the day he comes back from mono.  And a 6-2 finish.  Shh.  Don't tell anyone Darnold progressed this season and that Dowell Loggains is our offensive coordinator.  It blows the 'Gase Sucks' vibe.  Makes them ornery.

Gase, hired by the Jets nine days after the Dolphins canned him, believes he was fired for a far simpler reason:

“We didn’t win enough games. I think there was a lot of good stuff. We had some opportunities at the end of the season these last two years and we didn’t win a game after beat New England in both of those years. That probably didn’t help us. We didn’t take advantage of the opportunities we had.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article226881244.html

13 hours ago, jgb said:

He was the QB of the Miami Dolphins how many “big games” has he played in?

To end the 2013 season he faced 2 medicine, dead teams needing one win to get Miami to the playoffs.  He led his O to 7 points combined in the 2 games and they lost both.

In 2014 Miami was 7-5 and in the playoff hunt,in a game vs Baltimore that would essentially determine their playoff fate he led O to 13 pts to fall to 7-6, a week later 13 more in another loss and that was that.

2016 he got hurt late but in what was a big game at the time led his O to 6 points in a 38-6 loss, the next week he got hurt and his backup came in and won the game late and led them to the playoffs.

This year his lone big game was at Houston and he didn't show up.

11 hours ago, Xtina said:

Delusional 

I’d bet you can’t name a single thing that Gase did to “Coach up” Manning or Tannehill 

I'd bet you can't name the time and place that you were in the daily coaching room meetings or daily practices to witness Adam Gase not coaching up Manning or Tannehill.

These guys spend 10 hours a day up each other's arses.  You think Manning would stand up for Gase and lay his reputation on the line for a bum?  You think Tannehill wouldn't say something in a presser this season taking shots at a guy who was trash and he hated?

The 'proof' is that there isn't any.  The delusion is that people like you have a preconceived notion and view everything through a distorted lens.

SAR I

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

To end the 2013 season he faced 2 medicine, dead teams needing one win to get Miami to the playoffs.  He led his O to 7 points combined in the 2 games and they lost both.

In 2014 Miami was 7-5 and in the playoff hunt,in a game vs Baltimore that would essentially determine their playoff fate he led O to 13 pts to fall to 7-6, a week later 13 more in another loss and that was that.

2016 he got hurt late but in what was a big game at the time led his O to 6 points in a 38-6 loss, the next week he got hurt and his backup came in and won the game late and led them to the playoffs.

This year his lone big game was at Houston and he didn't show up.

Stretching that definition of “big” mighty thin although let’s see how he does in playoffs without Gase holding him back.

I find the idea amusing that the same coaching staff that turned Mariota to sh*t coached up Tannehill.   Gase loved Tannehill and Tannehill thanked him personally on social media after Gase was fired.  If Gase wasn't fired there is no way Miami trades away Tannehill for peanuts.  Miami dumped Tannehill after they fired Gase to save money.  TN was so mesmerized by Tannehill they gave him a 1 year deal and sat him on the bench even though they had him all pre-season and a couple of games in.

Now that he's the best QB in the NFL which one of you guys want to give him 120 for 5 years?  

Tannehill good, bad or indifferent learned how to be an NFL QB, study the position and develop because he worked with Gase.

Gase may or may not develop into a good NFL coach.  Gase is here because Payton Manning thought he would be a good mentor to Sam.  Sam had a horrendous start to the season playing sick and then having to go through musical chairs on the OL.  After the NE game he could have easily gone into a downward spiral.  He didn't and the team didn't.  He got better and so did the team.  We have a new GM, thanks in large part because to Gase.  If we don't start winning the offseason Gase is a dead man walking. 

You want to see bad coaching take a look at Cleveland.  We finished with a better record.  That team, which is loaded and has 1 of 2 wins against the Ravens this year mailed it in.  The Jets didn't mail it in.  They just don't have the talent yet. 

That doesn't mean Adam Gase is going to be a great or even decent HC here.  It just means wanting him fired at this point is beyond stupid.

• Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Stretching that definition of “big” mighty thin although let’s see how he does in playoffs without Gase holding him back.

How did Gase hold him back when he had his best season and only winning season prior to this partial season?

14 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

If (according to you) this year’s bills are not a playoff team because they don’t deserve to be, then Adam Gase 100% is not a HC or an OC for the same reason.

Gase just coached an injured team to a 6-2 finish. Healthy, that’s 8-0. 

And. You. Don’t. Like. Him. 

Jets fans are idiots. 

SAR I

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

You.Think.Gase.Is.Responsible.For.6.Wins.

BMW leasers are poor. And stupid.

Gase is the head coach.  If he gets slammed for the losses, he gets praised for the wins.  That's how it works.  Can't have it both ways.

BMW leasers are rich.  And smart.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Chad Pennington used to constantly be among the highest QBR’s. That should tell you all you need to know about how useless QBR is.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Chad's an easy target.  I remember the 2006 season.  He could barely make any throws outside the hash marks and still made it work.  Before his injury put him in a dome and he's Drew Brees.  

Tannehill threw for his second fewest yards per game this year in his past 4 years.  He didn't need to throw in Tennessee and the threat of Derrick Henry running opened up the passing game for him IMO.  The guy has always had talent Miami's OLine was almost as messy at the Jets the past couple years.

Can we all just agree that we hope his best game is tonight! :D