Jamal Adams would do anything to give himself a shower

1 hour ago, slats said:

No way I'm reading thru this thread. That said...

1.) I'm 100% in favor of trading Adams for the right package. I'd start at a first and a starting OL. He's a great player, but I don't think the Jets are in a position to have the highest paid safety in the NFL on their roster in a couple years, but...

2.) I couldn't give two ****s what his motivation is as long as he makes plays on the field for my football team. I don't care if he's a "phony," I don't care if he's only in it for the money (like most players), I don't care if he does it to massage his massive ego, and I don't understand this need to tear down the rare star players this team manages to stumble into. I just want good players who manage to be good citizens off the field (and Adams certainly fits that mold). 

A 1st round pick and a starting offensive lineman would do it for me. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Dcat said:

Because if he is the highest paid safety, then we are sacrificing at other more important positions.  Silly.  Paying that kind of money to your strong safety will have a negative impact somewhere else on the roster.  Never should have drafted a safety there in the first place.  

It's moot.  He doesn't want to be here.  He'll want more than market to stay here.  He wants to be a Cowboy. He's not worth all the drooling going on around here.  He's not going to be a Jet beyond that 5th year.  If Douglas can sign him long term at a reasonable price, one that won't kill us when it is time to pay Sam or any other position in need, then I tip my hat to him.  Good luck.  

So who do we feel is good enough to pay around here?  lol 

The salary cap is $188.2 mil and expected to go up to $200.00 mil this season. We have at least $50 mil every year that we're happy to throw at other team's hot garbage ever offseason. Spencer long, Trumaine Johnson etc. And the list goes on and on.  When do we pay someone we bring into the league? 

The narrative that he wants to play for Dallas has about as much supporting evidence as the idea that he wants to Play in NY. if not far less. Essentially its conjecture born from one comment. I don't see much to go on there. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

The salary cap is $188.2 mil and expected to go up to $200.00 mil this season. We have at least $50 mil every year that we're happy to throw at other team's hot garbage ever offseason. Spencer long, Trumaine Johnson etc. And the list goes on and on.  When do we pay someone we bring into the league? 

The narrative that he wants to play for Dallas has about as much supporting evidence as the idea that he wants to Play in NY. if not far less. Essentially its conjecture born from one comment. I don't see much to go on there. 

As I said in the other post, if Joe D can make this happen and still be able to pay Sam, any vets we pick up in FA, and 4 yrs down the road whichever stud we get from this draft.  And in 3 years maybe Q. Williams.  (Fingers crossed on *that* mistake. )  If you tell me Joe D can do that, then yes... I'm all in on extending our star safety.  And let's not forget... that's "safety", as in position of lesser significance in the grand scheme of things.   

ps.  we all loved watching his sacks... but if Joe D does what he should and improves Edge, then Adams can be more of a safety.  I commend Adams for taking on multiple roles but down the road that would be more of a luxury instead of a necessity. And it would definitely be a lot of fun to watch him blitz PLUS our future edge rusher.  If Joe D builds the team correctly, then Adams future impact as a pass rusher should be less of a necessity than people see it now.

All begs the question if Adams wants to be here.  You are way more confident of this than I am.  I think he wants out as soon as possible.

• Sympathy 1

I got "OK Boomered" on a FB group for stating my support of shipping Jamal off for picks.  Not quite old enough to be a Boomer, but seems there is some generational disagreement on Jamal within the fanbase.  Those exposed to longer durations of the suck seem more open to moving him.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

I got "OK Boomered" on a FB group for stating my support of shipping Jamal off for picks.  Not quite old enough to be a Boomer, but seems there is some generational disagreement on Jamal within the fanbase.  Those exposed to longer durations of the suck seem more open to moving him.  

Well I've got 40 years of fandom invested and I don't want JA traded off.

If he WANTS to stay a Jet then pay him.

40 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Old millennial and I’d trade him for a 2 before signing him to 15M per.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, jmat321 said:

Ok boomer

3 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Young gen is just like the old gen... they like to see their values reflected back to them. Young people thing the world owes them, and loves remind the world... so does Jamal.

You guys/gals hate the best player on the team and the best Safety in the NFL and I'm the problem. LMFAO 
This is comedy central gold. 
Sure let's trade him for draft picks that will be busts more than likely. 

It’s pretty simple. We’re Jets fans. We don’t have to be Jamal fans to call ourselves Jets fans. Since paying Jamal $15M per would hurt the Jets more than help the Jets, I’m very comfortable trading Jamal, even for 75 cents on the dollar.

If our GM picks a bunch of busts, we’re screwed with or without Adams. That’s not a good enough reason to avoid acquiring picks.

Perhaps all you JA haters would prefer Eric Smith at the SS position ??? He never said anything immature... 
Bottom line.  If he is really a team guy, he'll accept a fair deal.  If he wants to fleece the Jets for every penny they are worth, let him walk when his contract is up. 
If you can trade him now, it has to be a deal that gives the Jets NOTHING SHORT of a Pro Bowl caliber O-Line guy in the prime of his career... 

We won a lot of games with Eric Smith at SS. Just saying.

He’ll be out of the league within two years
He’ll never make a Pro Bowl unless he buys a ticket to the game
He made All-Pro but was only 2nd team. He’ll never make 1st team 
yEaH bUt OuR cAp ReSoUrceS!
It’s been fun to watch. The meltdown when Douglas extends him will be epic. 

It’s fun to think that Jamal supporters will be thrilled if Jamal gets extended here to be one of the highest paid defensive players in the league.

Who needs an Offensive Line when you have the best Box Safety in the league? Glad you’ve got your priorities straight, Saul.

Whats the big deal if he's the highest paid safety? The highest paid now makes about $14 mil per. In two years that will be top 10. I really don't see the problem with paying someone who is actually good. His personality is only hated by Jets fans for some reason. Everyone in the league seems to love this guy. From players to the media and press. 
It's so odd man. Robbie Anderson works his way up from an UDFA to be one of the best deep threats in the game and most want him gone.  Jamal Adams is one of a handful of draft picks that actually worked out for us and we want him gone.  Those are really the only two players we've developed that are worth anything. Maybe Jordan Jenkins and lachlan Edwards too actually. I really think we just don't know how to deal with paying our own players that are actually worth something.  It really does confuse me. Maybe you could try to help me out. 
I can't wait to see how many people don't want to pay Darnold when the time comes. We already see the rumblings. 

It’s called market inefficiency. Just because the league pays guys a lot of money to do things that don’t move the needle enough doesn’t mean we need to join in.

For once I’d like for the Jets to understand this concept.

Having no one to pay isn’t a good enough justification to pay unworthy players. That’s a good way to end up in the same mess this roster has been thru the last 5 years.

And we do actually have a few worth paying. But they’re not named Jamal or Robby.

It’s pretty simple. We’re Jets fans. We don’t have to be Jamal fans to call ourselves Jets fans. Since paying Jamal $15M per would hurt the Jets more than help the Jets, I’m very comfortable trading Jamal, even for 75 cents on the dollar.

If our GM picks a bunch of busts, we’re screwed with or without Adams. That’s not a good enough reason to avoid acquiring picks.

OR ... You smartly keep proven talent like Jamal and build around it... Thus building a winning roster. It's really not rocket science ... pay talent and effort ... Jettison mediocre JAGs ...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

OR ... You smartly keep proven talent like Jamal and build around it... Thus building a winning roster. It's really not rocket science ... pay talent and effort ... Jettison mediocre JAGs ...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Exactly build a winning team around players like him instead of paying JAG's. 

21 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Great players don't come around these parts too often. 

So we want to trade him for "what if" draft picks who may turn out to be busts. 

Am I following along correctly. 

pretty much.  It comes from  the belief that the team needs a dominating, or at least a protective OL and effective Edge a lot more than we need Adams and that trading Adams can help us get what we really need a lot faster.   Obviously there are no guarantees and others feel that Adams is *that* good (i.e. "generational talent" lolz)  that it warrants extending him even though it's only the safety position.  Not everyone must agree and they surely won't.  But each is a legitimate opinion and everyone here is a fan and wants the team to improve.  

The problem is that these differences in opinions is generating insults and venom among those in disagreement.  

Am I following correctly?

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

pretty much.  It coes from  the belief that the team needs a dominating, or at least a protective OL and effective Edge a lot more than we need Adams and that trading Adams can help us get what we really need.   Not everyone must agree and they surely won't.  But it is a legitimate opinion and everyone here is a fan and wants the team to improve.  

The problem is that these differences in opinions is generating insults and venom among those in disagreement.  

Am I following correctly?

So then trade Quinnen Williams for a draft pick to build the OL he did nothing last season and seems like a waste of a pick the DL was fine without him in games. 

I can't continue this I have to go outside and dig a ditch and then fill it back in again which is more productive than discussing this situation with you and the other haters. 

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So then trade Quinnen Williams for a draft pick to build the OL he did nothing last season and seems like a waste of a pick the DL was fine without him in games. 

I can't continue this I have to go outside and dig a ditch and then fill it back in again which is more productive than discussing this situation with you and the other haters. 

Because Williams wouldn't get much in a trade because up to now it was a BAD #3 pick and its doubtful that anyone wants him, and if they do you won't get the bounty that Adams would.

It would be nice for a change if the Jets concentrate on offense `early in the draft.   

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Because Williams wouldn't get much in a trade because up to now it was a BAD #3 pick and its doubtful that anyone wants him, and if they do you won't get the bounty that Adams would.

It would be nice for a change if the Jets concentrate on offense `early in the draft.   

So if we falter again we then trade the best player on the 2020 team for draft picks and continue doing this year after year. 

Very interesting I see how you guys think. 

Some NY Jets fans are suffering from FAN-CTE.