JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

8 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The Eagles are a needy team in a lot of places. The WR depth in this draft makes pulling the trigger on Tee a bit harder for me. But the board fell where it left gaps in talents so I took a safe pick.

Good pick. Better since I could get mine in  B)

45 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

This draft is basically worst case scenario for the Eagles. I don’t love Higgins but he’s less of a question mark than some others on the board.

thats another reason why I traded up for ravens.  wasn't liking the huge drop off and couldn't see myself doing a trade up anywhere for Higgins or Jefferson both of whom I figured would be gone by 1.28.

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not sure about anyone else, but I am getting frustrated by the slow pace of the draft this year.  In past years we typically got through a round in two days or less.  Really thought things would move more quickly this year with most of us shut in at home.  It is always more fun if we move at a decent pace.

A couple of points to try to keep things moving:

• If your pick is coming up soon, and you will be away from your computer/phone, please send a couple of options in order of preference to me, dcat, mick  &/or Jets Vets and we can pick for you. 
  • If you do send in your picks, please send picks to more than one of us.  Sending them to one person, who may not be online doesn't accomplish much and you could lose the player you want if the mod you sent it to is offline.
  • If you are looking to trade, please start trade discussions before you get on the clock.  Waiting until you are on the clock to solicit trades makes it less likely you will find a partner (if they are not online) and also needlessly delays the mock
  • Even though the draft clock stops running overnight, you can still go ahead and make picks in the selection thread between midnight and 9AM.  Spreadhseet may not get updated if we are not available, but you can still pick.

Lets all try to move things along.

Thanks

The frustration is annual.  It is a little exaggerated by the fact that we are all sitting at home, but this is nothing new. 

I have a couple of comments - the start came as a surprise to me this year.  Not that it matters, but that is probably contributing to the slow 1st round.  Usually the 1st round goes quick and then it slows to a crawl.  I am a little concerned with the overnight picks.  I get that you want to keep things moving, but how does it work for the guy on deck?  When does his time start?  If I am picking 27th and we are on pick 23 at 9pm, but 4 guys pick overnight, it can be a surprise to have my time running so quickly.  That is pretty simple - if you have the 2 hours (is that the limit?) so you just have to check in before 11, but that is where the trouble lies.  You sit and wait and then they sneak up on you.  We were barely out of the first 10 most of the day, then it raced up to 26, and it seems like I have been on deck forever..  

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The frustration is annual.  It is a little exaggerated by the fact that we are all sitting at home, but this is nothing new. 

I have a couple of comments - the start came as a surprise to me this year.  Not that it matters, but that is probably contributing to the slow 1st round.  Usually the 1st round goes quick and then it slows to a crawl.  I am a little concerned with the overnight picks.  I get that you want to keep things moving, but how does it work for the guy on deck?  When does his time start?  If I am picking 27th and we are on pick 23 at 9pm, but 4 guys pick overnight, it can be a surprise to have my time running so quickly.  That is pretty simple - if you have the 2 hours (is that the limit?) so you just have to check in before 11, but that is where the trouble lies.  You sit and wait and then they sneak up on you.  We were barely out of the first 10 most of the day, then it raced up to 26, and it seems like I have been on deck forever..  

You’ll still have the full time in the morning when the clock starts if people pick after hours. Just look at you phone during your morning poop and see what’s going on. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

last night a pick was made right about midnight.  Next guy up gets full 3 hours: from 9 am - noon.  That's where we are now.  Current GM has been on the clock technically since 9:00 AM, but in actuality since Midnight.  30 minutes left

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I considered trading back into the first round if YGM dropped a little more. I think he’s going to be good

I love that they say "NO RED FLAGS" but he was sued in that Franklin hazing thing.  He was supposedly telling freshman they were his bitch, that the place was a prison and bringing up the name of Sandusky in a threatening fashion. I don't know why, but I like him more than Epenesa.  I don't like those numbers, but I also don't like not seeing 3 cone times.  In this environment, we are a little light on the pro-days and verifying the numbers.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I love that they say "NO RED FLAGS" but he was sued in that Franklin hazing thing.  He was supposedly telling freshman they were his bitch, that the place was a prison and bringing up the name of Sandusky in a threatening fashion. I don't know why, but I like him more than Epenesa.  I don't like those numbers, but I also don't like not seeing 3 cone times.  In this environment, we are a little light on the pro-days and verifying the numbers.

The testing for edge guys was abysmal this year. What happened to all the good pass rushers? They’re probably all playing shooting guard instead

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

It was good to see 3 picks come in late last night after the deadline. Keep it going.  

after round 4 (or 3?)  we usually reduce the clock to 2 hrs.  

I sent 23 and 25 in close or after midnight.  Maybe I can get a comp pick for being industrious. ?

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I wish I was staying at home, but I still have work because I'm an "essential"

Was working last night, just woke up. My apologies for holding you guys up

• Upvote 2