JetNation 2020 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

As a prospect, he reminds me of Bryce Petty. I didn’t watch a ton of UW football, so I don’t know if their offense was as hinky as Briles’ Baylor O, but I think both players profile similarly

I always took Peterson's offense as a pro system that incorporates a lot of misdirection/play action with some RPO elements, so for the most part he's been in a pro-system his whole career but he has a lot of success off the play action which I think speaks to his inability to see the whole field and process quickly.  That said, I dont see Petty at all.  Petty never made a read or progression his entire college.  Briles offense is look to the sideline for play/audible/first read and get it out in 2 seconds and run another play as quick as possible.  There was no thinking at all in that system.  Hence why Petty was a disaster in the NFL.  All the tools zero timing, feel or ability to go through progressions.   I guess I see the tools comparison but I think they've had very different experiences. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

I always took Peterson's offense as a pro system that incorporates a lot of misdirection/play action with some RPO elements, so for the most part he's been in a pro-system his whole career but he has a lot of success off the play action which I think speaks to his inability to see the whole field and process quickly.  That said, I dont see Petty at all.  Petty never made a read or progression his entire college.  Briles offense is look to the sideline for play/audible/first read and get it out in 2 seconds and run another play as quick as possible.  There was no thinking at all in that system.  Hence why Petty was a disaster in the NFL.  All the tools zero timing, feel or ability to go through progressions.   I guess I see the tools comparison but I think they've had very different experiences. 

Agreed.  Eason is Proto-typical pocket passer.   He’s a big dude who can throw it all over the field.  Petty didn’t have close to the arm that Eason has.   Eason’s issues are his lack of mobility and a kind of sluggish nature within the pocket.  The more Petersen gave him the worse he got though.  He’s definitely a work in progress.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  Eason is Proto-typical pocket passer.   He’s a big dude who can throw it all over the field.  Petty didn’t have close to the arm that Eason has.   Eason’s issues are his lack of mobility and a kind of sluggish nature within the pocket.  The more Petersen gave him the worse he got though.  He’s definitely a work in progress.  

For sure.  I dont know, I just see guys like Josh Allen and maybe even a better comparison, Drew Lock and say, how is Eason different?   Allen the obvious is his legs but if Lock transitioned well, I guess it wouldnt shock me in the right situation, Eason transitioning well with a few years of polish.  Obviously Lock had considerably more experience in college. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

For sure.  I dont know, I just see guys like Josh Allen and maybe even a better comparison, Drew Lock and say, how is Eason different?   Allen the obvious is his legs but if Lock transitioned well, I guess it wouldnt shock me in the right situation, Eason transitioning well with a few years of polish.  Obviously Lock had considerably more experience in college. 

Lock surprised me a little last year in a good way.   I think he moves way better than Eason, especially within the pocket.  Eason has just seemed so deliberate and slow with in that Washington offense, that worries me about him in the NFL.   Guys seldom improve on that stuff.  

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Lock surprised me a little last year in a good way.   I think he moves way better than Eason, especially within the pocket.  Eason has just seemed so deliberate and slow with in that Washington offense, that worries me about him in the NFL.   Guys seldom improve on that stuff.  

True.  He is a stiff.  lol  Maybe more like Brock Osweiler.  lol

• Upvote 1

You ******* guys....

@sec101row23 @Greenseed4 @section314 @King P @Beerfish @RVAJet815 @Matt39

All of you....with picking OTs.

A hearty F-U from the Jets.

If Darnold gets hurt because we couldn't get a solid OT in this draft....it's gonna be your fault.

I think I'm going to have to go DL or S coming up here.....just to teach you all a lesson.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

You ******* guys....

If Darnold gets hurt because we couldn't get a solid OT in this draft....it's gonna be your fault.

I think I'm going to have to go DL or S coming up here.....just to teach you all a lesson.

Yet you took Ruggs with the 11th pick ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, King P said:

Yet you took Ruggs with the 11th pick ?

that's only because someone....who will remain nameless, tried to fleece the Jets on a tradeback.

Likewise, someone else tried to fleece the Jets later on in a trade up - then that person drafted an OT with the pick.

Bunch of A-holes!  ?

44 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

You ******* guys....

Should have 'paid the price' dude.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

that's only because someone....who will remain nameless, tried to fleece the Jets on a tradeback.

Likewise, someone else tried to fleece the Jets later on in a trade up - then that person drafted an OT with the pick.

Bunch of A-holes!  ?

Dude your idea of Fleeced is warped.  You could have traded up at the cost of about 15- 20 points on the Draft value chart you would have had the same number of picks.  Your last offer was what I call a fleece offer.  You wanted me to give up 85 points of draft value.

36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Dude your idea of Fleeced is warped.  You could have traded up at the cost of about 15- 20 points on the Draft value chart you would have had the same number of picks.  Your last offer was what I call a fleece offer.  You wanted me to give up 85 points of draft value.

You could have made the sacrifice for Sam....instead, you're content on him getting blindsided on all of his drop backs!

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

bunch-of-a-holes.gif?dpr=2&auto=format&q=75

I have a very specific list with most of the usual suspsects not fitting what I want.   They are dropping like flies now - Baum, Austin Jackson, Ruiz, Ayiuk.  I am probably going to end up picking somebody expected to go in teh 5th round by the time we get around to my picks in the bottom of the 2nd. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

To be perfectly honest, I never would have picked Austin Jackson for the Jets. There's a reason you haven't his name associated with us. He’s more suited for a man scheme vs zone block at least IMO.

I think he's athletic enough to play in zone blocking 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I just love a 'scheme' that eliminates 1/2 of the good football players out there.  Much better to pick some guy from west tuskeggee state tech because he is lean and a good fit for a zone blocking scheme for a coach whose offenses have languished and gotten worse very year.

• Haha 1