Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

They're worth more to teams who know what they're doing.

2 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

That's what like 6 teams? Lol

they are also worth more to teams allowed to cheat ... so that brings us to 7

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hows that flirting with playing for Dallas?  It was rumored that Dallas contacted the Jets about trading for Jamal after it was reported that they Jets would field offers from teams.  So if he had to go and it was to Dallas its his boyhood team he would love it over all other. Thats flirting with going there?  All year?  

And really, who cares?  You think every player doesnt think about playing for the team they grew up rooting for?  Its not often the team you grow up rooting for is trying to trade for you/

But again, why dont you harp on the tons of times hes said he wants to stay, wants to be a Jet, wants to win as a Jet, wants to win for this fanbase?

How does if I get traded, the Cowboys would be cool? 

Trust me I hope I'm reading into it too far. I just see it playing out like this; the Jets will offer $16m per year making Jamal the highest paid safety in the league. Jamal will claim he is "more than just a safety" and want $18-20m, Douglas will be forced to trade him. Jamal will go to Dallas and sign a $16m deal because there is no state income tax. Then he will play the victim card saying he never wanted to be traded in the first place yet he will have effectively worked his way out of NY.

He'll use the media and the fans to drag the Jets through the dirt.

Again I hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 3

Just now, bla bla bla said:

When this originally came out I brushed it off as a player just wanting as much money as possible, at this point I'm not too sure anymore. Perhaps it's nothing but I'd consider it flirting with the idea.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 11.18.30 PM.png

?

For some reason you're going completely off the reservation in this thread. Between this post, and the one I quoted earlier, and finally, my favorite, the one about the Ravens game I stopped reading after that one, lol.  I can't believe what you're doing here. 

Ah well, I guess the walls feel like they're closing in on us by now, LOL.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Trust me I hope I'm reading into it too far. I just see it playing out like this; the Jets will offer $16m per year making Jamal the highest paid safety in the league. Jamal will claim he is "more than just a safety" and want $18-20m, Douglas will be forced to trade him. Jamal will go to Dallas and sign a $16m deal because there is no state income tax. Then he will play the victim card saying he never wanted to be traded in the first place yet he will have effectively worked his way out of NY.

He'll use the media and the fans to drag the Jets through the dirt.

Again I hope I'm wrong.

You've had a deep and detailed dream here.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

?

For some reason you're going completely off the reservation in this thread. Between this post, and the one I quoted earlier, and finally, my favorite, the one about the Ravens game I stopped reading after that one, lol.  I can't believe what you're doing here. 

Ah well, I guess the walls feel like they're closing in on us by now, LOL.

Thats not Jamals twitter account, is it?  either way, its out of control now.

Cant wait for the draft then this will be over and #33 will still be here

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Thats not Jamals twitter account, is it?  either way, its out of control now.

Cant wait for the draft then this will be over and #33 will still be here

and there will be a lot of broken hearts on JetNation.. oops, I meant on Broadway when he is. 

Just imagine if they resign him. You just know QW is next on their list. It will never end... 

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

200.gif

1.  It's his home town and the team he grew up rooting for them.

2.  Just my opinion, but I think just about every player on the Jets would "love to go to the Cowboys."

I hate to break it to you, Sparky, but we aren't exactly America's Team. ?

15 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

2.  Just my opinion, but I think just about every player on the Jets would "love to go to the Cowboys."

Why publicly admit that?  Not very "leadery" now is it.

I don't care where the players would like to play.  You don't say it to the media.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Why publicly admit that?  Not very "leadery" now is it.

I don't care where the players would like to play.  You don't say it to the media.  

Why not? Somebody told the media about the trade discussion didn't they? Why can't he react how he wants?

I was really upset with him when he said that though, you can go back and look. It was the only time I've ever been down on him. Then I realized I was doing just what he was. I was acting out because I was upset. I got over it quickly.

Jamal on the other hand, had a lot more skin in the game than I did. He got heated, and his ego got bruised. He acted out, but he says got over it, but he should always remember it..

These kids need to know it's a business. Teams look at them as assets, use them up and throw them away. Hopefully Jamal learned that. He doesn't owe the Jets anything but giving them 100% effort on the field, and he's always done that.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I believe your misinterpreted my gif...I was merely giving props to @bla bla bla for his fact check reply to JetNut. Capiche gramps? ?

4 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Why not? Somebody told the media about the trade discussion didn't they? Why can't he react how he wants?

I was really upset with him when he said that though, you can go back and look. It was the only time I've ever been down on him. Then I realized I was doing just what he was. I was acting out because I was upset. I got over it quickly.

Jamal on the other hand, had a lot more skin in the game than I did. He got heated, and his ego got bruised. He acted out, but he says got over it, but he should always remember it..

These kids need to know it's a business. Teams look at them as assets, use them up and throw them away. Hopefully Jamal learned that. He doesn't owe the Jets anything but giving them 100% effort on the field, and he's always done that.

His ego got bruised because he WASN'T traded to Dallas.  Not because the Jets were taking calls on him.  He was essentially pissed that Jerry wasn't willing to give up enough to get him.  

If that weren't the case, he would have been raging about the rumors circulating as they happened, not texting Ryan Clark about how much he'd love to be in Dallas.  He only threw his hissy fit AFTER the deadline when the trade didn't happen.

• Upvote 1

His ego got bruised because he WASN'T traded to Dallas.  Not because the Jets were taking calls on him.  He was essentially pissed that Jerry wasn't willing to give up enough to get him.  

If that weren't the case, he would have been raging about the rumors circulating as they happened, not texting Ryan Clark about how much he'd love to be in Dallas.  He only threw his hissy fit AFTER the deadline when the trade didn't happen.

That's the way you like to tell it, isn't it?

• Sympathy 1

Explain the timeline otherwise, I'm all ears.  We have the quotes and the timestamps.

Listen my friend, if you want to spend ANOTHER 6 months being butt hurt about a 25 year old professional athlete getting butt hurt over a trade rumor, be my guest. Litigate your case til the cows come home. My advice is get over it, you'll have plenty more to get upset about when he signs his new long term deal here, lol.

Personally, I got over it as soon as I saw him continue to play at a All Pro level. That's what I care about... how a guy performs on the field. Root for the jersey, 80. Not the player. Players come and go.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Listen my friend, if you want to spend ANOTHER 6 months being butt hurt about a 25 year old professional athlete getting butt hurt over a trade rumor, be my guest. Litigate your case til the cows come home. My advice is get over it, you'll have plenty more to get upset about when he signs his new long term deal here, lol.

Personally, I got over it as soon as I saw him continue to play at a All Pro level. That's what I care about... how a guy performs on the field. Root for the jersey, 80. Not the player. Players come and go.

We'll see how you feel when he's looking for $18-20M per and circle back.  

We'll see how you feel when he's looking for $18-20M per and circle back.  

LOL every week you bump his "asking price" just to rile up your minions in the Jamal Haters Club. Now it up to $20 million, huh?

We better sign him quick though. Two more Pro Bowl and All Pro seasons, and he might get more... ?

• Upvote 2

LOL every week you bump his "asking price" just to rile up your minions in the Jamal Haters Club. Now it up to $20 million, huh?

We better sign him quick though. Two more Pro Bowl and All Pro seasons, and he might get more... 

Ok now it’s $21M. Keep it up. I can do this all day/night. Time is no longer a concept for me.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

We better sign him quick though. Two more Pro Bowl and All Pro seasons, and he might get more... ?

Top safety would be $16m. If we try to extend him next off-season I bet he wants $18-20m as if he's a top defender not just a safety. I'd be more surprised if we didn't hear that. I don't think Douglas is going to want write out an extension yet, let him play the season out and see how he plays first.

Edit* I mean on an average annual salary, I know we want to extend him already

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

1. Jamal wants to be a Jet!

2. Actually, he verbally said out of his mouth that he’d love to be a Cowboy

1. Everybody wants to be a Cowboy!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Top safety would be $16m. If we try to extend him next off-season I bet he wants $18-20m as if he's a top defender not just a safety. I'd be more surprised if we didn't hear that. I don't think Douglas is going to want write out an extension yet, let him play the season out and see how he plays first.

Edit* I mean on an average annual salary, I know we want to extend him already

The quote has been posted a bunch of times, but Jamal already said he doesn’t want top safety money; he wants top defensive player money. It’s hard to see how you’d structure a deal with Adams if you’re not using the Eddie Jackson deal as a baseline. Douglas doesn’t seem the type to voluntarily hand out market-resetting contracts to players who have minimal leverage. Likewise, it’s difficult to see Jamal Adams biting the bullet to play for $3.5mm this season if there’s a way to avoid it, which would be to hold out. A showdown is a-coming. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The quote has been posted a bunch of times, but Jamal already said he doesn’t want too safety money; he wants top defensive player money. It’s hard to see how you’d structure a deal with Adams if you’re not using the Eddie Jackson deal as a baseline. Douglas doesn’t seem the type to voluntarily hand out market-resetting contracts to players who have minimal leverage. Likewise, it’s difficult to see Jamal Adams biting the bullet to play for $3.5mm this season if there’s a way to avoid it, which would be to hold out. A showdown is a-coming. 

No showdown necessary, trade his ass... If he wants more the 15/yr then in my book I take the best deal any team wants to offer.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

No showdown necessary, trade his ass... If he wants more the 15/yr then in my book I take the best deal any team wants to offer.

Tell this to the dozens of people in this thread acting like we're the unreasonable ones for trying to "get ahead of" the eventual holdout by trading him at peak value.  

If people refuse to read the situation for what it is and fail to see what's about to happen, that's on them.  They're just shooting the messenger at this point.  

Tell this to the dozens of people in this thread acting like we're the unreasonable ones for trying to "get ahead of" the eventual holdout by trading him at peak value.  

If people refuse to read the situation for what it is and fail to see what's about to happen, that's on them.  They're just shooting the messenger at this point.  

It's just a lot of us don't like to trade away a known quantity and talent for a crapshoot in the draft.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

It's just a lot of us don't like to trade away a known quantity and talent for a crapshoot in the draft.

Franchises are built on "crapshoots".  You can't win without building in the draft.  And no, its not fully a crapshoot.  Hence why Ozzie Newsome was the Ravens GM for so long.  Douglas comes from that organization and seems to be mirroring some of Ozzie's philosophy.

The "known" is we're 15-31 WITH Jamal Adams as a top 2 player on the roster.  Let's try something different.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dunnie said:

Yes.  Fine.  But, it's not just that.

If you think it's okay to pay 10% of your cap for the specific things that Jamal Adams does for your team, then pay him.  I don't.

But, the trade your making is for 1-2 players, on 5 year deals, for significantly less resources than you're soon going to have to devote to Adams.  Additionally, you're hopefully trading a strong safety (even if he's the best) for a WR and a LT (or something similar) and betting that even if you don't get an all-pro in return, that a good WR and LT, hell maybe even just an above average WR and LT are better than a very good SS.