Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

To sane people that's all you would ask for or expect a player to ask for

For those who hate on everything Jamal Adams, hes going to cause damage to not only the Jets but the entire NFL pay scale.  He's "spoiled rotten".  

The top safety salary in the league is $15 mil per. How much do you think Jamal Adams will sign for?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The top safety salary in the league is $15 mil per. How much do you think Jamal Adams will sign for?

I actually dont care.  Hes the top of his position and will be paid as such.  

If they want to do it now, they will.  If not theyll wait.  

Hey, we want top players, we dont want to pay the like top players are paid.  

13 minutes ago, varjet said:

Who was the last 1st round pick not a QB who got extended after only three years?

If you like such a player you extend him and avoid the fifty year option.   You don’t extend these guys early. 

Tell that to Jamal.  He's Aaron Donald, after all.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL. I'm a scratch player when it comes to that....

The golf courses are still open down here, btw.

I live on one, and even though people aren't allowed to come here from other states, (the hotels are closed, no rentals of homes allowed, all visitors had to leave Myrtle Beach 11 days ago) the locals are still playing. You have to ride alone in a cart or walk, don't rake bunkers or touch flags. The holes are raised so you don't touch the cup.

I stopped playing in leagues and tournaments a few weeks back, but I have played a few times with 3 guys who live here. None of us have played with anyone else though.

I'm usually up on Long Island this time of year, so I'm very fortunate to have a second home here, where it's not really that bad yet. I worry about my family and friends up in NY, though. It's just a matter of time until guys like me, @southparkcpa @Jetsfan80 and others who live down south will be dealing with what you are. We're about a month behind it seems.

Glad things are going well for you. I live in Munich. Everything quite calm here. Weather is great and people are outside a lot. Restaurants, biergartens, movie theaters obviously closed. But tolerable so far.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TeddEY said:

1) I would imagine that just about everyone who is pro-trade/anti-pay Jamal Adams, has significant concerns about Darnold as well.

2) The comparison fails because Jamal Adams is playing at "elite" SS level (or so I'm told), and it's not making a damn bit of difference while Sam Darnold isn't playing anywhere near elite QB level.  You're hoping that with reps, protection, and weapons, Darnold will elevate which presumably will elevate the team.  With Adams, this is what you get.  You're not expecting he gets meaningfully better - this is the exact same player he was in college.

I have zero concerns about Sam. He is a top 10 FQB right now and with an OL that's not the bottom five worst in league history he'll be in the top five. With the coronvirus lock down I've re-watched all the games he's played and I couldn't be happier with his performance. Adams - not so much.

On Adams, an 'elite' level box safety's value doesn't come close to a top level, forget about an 'elite level' CB or edge rusher. On offense an 'elite level' LT is worth three box safeties and an 'elite level' WR1 is certainly worth a great deal more than a SS.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

LMAO.

You chime in with "we're trying to build an offense here", yet you don't want to comment the Quarterback?

Gimme a break.

No need to repeat what was already said.... I unlike someone who's name won't be mentioned for the sheer volume of words he writes, am a man of few of them, and I get to my point quickly... ?

I mean I like Sam but he's done nothing to suggest he's top 10. It's a big year for him. If he doesn't improve he's likely on his way out. I can see patience running out with him if he has another bi-polar season. What concerns me is we're completely wasting the window to truly see if he's the guy by surrounding him with garbage. Putting pieces around him is pretty much the only thing to prioritise when drafting a QB in with Darnold we've done anything but. 
Adams is in the strange position of being elite in a low priority role. He's a luxury player, the type that could turn a good defence great and put a team over the top. I think it's obvious that he would be more valuable to someone else but I also thought Hopkins was worth at least two 1st rounders so I don't know sh*t. I'd definitely move him for the right offer but I'd want at least a 1st. Certainly wouldn't trade him for the sake of it. 
I would never trade a perennial pro bowler for less than 2 firsts and second.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I have zero concerns about Sam. He is a top 10 FQB right now and with an OL that's not the bottom five worst in league history he'll be in the top five. With the coronvirus lock down I've re-watched all the games he's played and I couldn't be happier with his performance. Adams - not so much.

On Adams, an 'elite' level box safety's value doesn't come close to a top level, forget about an 'elite level' CB or edge rusher. On offense an 'elite level' LT is worth three box safeties and an 'elite level' WR1 is certainly worth a great deal more than a SS.

I mean, Sam's performance, statistically, was bottom 5, but you do you!  Hopefully he improves.

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, Sam's performance, statistically, was bottom 5, but you do you!  Hopefully he improves.

Get that he hasn't been great, but I attribute that to the lack of time he has. Once the OL gets fixed up I'm betting that he will improve. He's already demonstrated the ability to be quite accurate, and most of those were on the run. Image what he might become if he has time to process the read, and make a good throw without fearing for his life.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

Get that he hasn't been great, but I attribute that to the lack of time he has. Once the OL gets fixed up I'm betting that he will improve. He's already demonstrated the ability to be quite accurate, and most of those were on the run. Image what he might become if he has time to process the read, and make a good throw without fearing for his life.

There's a difference between saying the offensive line is limiting him and saying that he's currently a top 10 QB.  He's currently a bottom 5 QB.  We hope that he will get better when his situation does.  But hope =/= fact.

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

Agreed

10 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Do you even watch the games? My evaluation is based on observation and understanding the talent he has to work with. Sam performs in the top ten QB's considering the circumstances he's operating under.

All that matters to you is PFF's bullcrap stats.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Do you even watch the games? My evaluation is based on observation and understanding the talent he has to work with. Sam performs in the top ten QB's considering the circumstances he's operating under.

PFF is like the Bible now

• Haha 1

jones-jerry072716-getty-ftrjpg_ag9tjf249j1m1n4oapieyegcn.thumb.jpg.9c007288e2630a5510cecdf1dba6e0da.jpg

Thank you, Joe Douglas. 

Thank you for declining, turning down and telling Jerry Jones 'NO' while at the same time REJECTING his offering(s) while in search of his next Darren Woodson consisting of multiple draft picks (including a 1st round draft pick) in order to keep Jamal Adams a JET!

download.jpeg.9cca9d1e338d2bda76941be96d8fa3c4.jpeg

Thank you Joe Douglas as you're the reason why Jamal Adams is still a JET (due to knowing his value & worth) and can not wait until you extend him long term). 

Jamal_Adams_Joe_Douglas.thumb.jpg.ccecdb29d78848e6909e5d0f7d25fc37.jpg

(Joe Douglas for GM of the year as only intelligent businessmen know how to say 'NO').

s-l300.jpg.1576e6affd27acc82507929af470cb48.jpg

And the search for Jerry Jones next Defensive Leader continues... HAHAHA!!!

tenor.gif.f9c0e496bfa38d3be3ebb9ac9c06033c.gif

image.jpg.12ddad825f5e840f2cc931be5e6394b9.jpg

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

jones-jerry072716-getty-ftrjpg_ag9tjf249j1m1n4oapieyegcn.thumb.jpg.9c007288e2630a5510cecdf1dba6e0da.jpg

Thank you, Joe Douglas. 

Thank you for declining, turning down and telling Jerry Jones 'NO' while at the same time REJECTING multiple draft picks (including a 1st round draft pick) in order to keep Jamal Adams a JET!

download.jpeg.9cca9d1e338d2bda76941be96d8fa3c4.jpeg

Thank you Joe Douglas as you're the reason why Jamal Adams is still a JET (due to knowing his value & worth) and can not wait until you extend him long term). 

Jamal_Adams_Joe_Douglas.thumb.jpg.ccecdb29d78848e6909e5d0f7d25fc37.jpg

(Joe Douglas for GM of the year as only intelligent businessmen know how to say 'NO').

To be fair as far we know Dallas only offered a first rounder that’s primarily why Adams is still a Jet.  Douglas has a set price for him 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

No PFF, but everything you're saying is based on non-falsifiable nonsense that no one could perform better than Darnold on the Jets.  So, PFF would definitely rank ahead of your hopes and feelings.

3 hours ago, Jets723 said:

To be fair as far we know Dallas "only" offered a first rounder that’s primarily why Adams is still a Jet.  Douglas has a set price for him 

Nope.

Multiple reports have claimed ateast a 3rd round pick was (also) included for Jamal's services. 

I'm not a really big gambling man but I'd bet (on myself) that I have a better understanding of how the conversation went than you do as you weren't there to witness the conversation neither (although/however claim to know oh so much about his true value and true overall worth throughout the eyes of Douglas and the Johnsons). 

This is how the conversation really happened and from start to finish. . 

Jerry Jones: "Hello Mr. Joe Douglas. I'm here to offer you a business proposal:

My 17th overall pick of the 1st round and it'll be for your prized possession of a Strong Safety; Jamal Adams". I'd like for him to play in my beautiful brand new state of the art stadium with a retractable roof and a movie screen TV for my fabd to watch him on". 

Joe Douglas: "No thank you Jerry Jones". 

Jerry Jones. "But please?

To sweeten up the pot I'll even include a 3rd round draft pick for rights to Jamal Adams and on top of my 1st and 3rd I'll even send out one of my Dallas Cowgirl Cheerleaders who can arrive on my horse @ LaGuardia Airport to pick him up (today) with an estimated arrival time of @3:33. Tell the Mr. Johnson(s) that it's been a pleasure doing business with them and she'll be there waiting to pick up my brand new SS (and she'll be there quicker than an N.Y minute too).

Deal or no deal"?

Joe Douglas. "Nope. No deal. Not happening Mr. Jones". 

Jerry Jones? "May I ask why, with all due respect"? 

Woody Johnson: "With all due respect Jerry but I'm not impressed with your proposal of the 17th overall pick (along with a more than than likely 3rd round bust as I've allowed and let my previous GMs draft one too many of before) for the rights to Jamal Adams who's a great player and a very marketable player for my NY Franchise. 

He is a former (2017) 1st round draft pick and selected 6th overall. 

however you've only offered my GM your 1st and 3rd round pick(s) for my first superstar player since #24 and don't forget Jerry, Adams coming out of LSU was considered by the Nation as being pick number one overall worthy (like James).

And in closing Mr. Jones within only 3 seasons and @ the age of only 24 and just now entering his prime he's (already) been voted for and honored by the league as an...

NFL All-Rookie (201). 

2x NFL All-Pro (2018/2019).

2x NFL Pro Bowler (even earned himself a Pro Bowl MVP alongside of Patrick Mahomes for our AFC Team". 

Jerry Jones: You can't tell me nothing about Jamal. He's born and raised in Texas boy. I know all about him and.... 

Chris Johnson:. My big brother told you no. Go look for your Darren Woodson Defensive leader elsewhere. Hangs up. 

The End. 

• Thumb Down 2

4 hours ago, TeddEY said:

No PFF, but everything you're saying is based on non-falsifiable nonsense that no one could perform better than Darnold on the Jets.  So, PFF would definitely rank ahead of your hopes and feelings.

Dude - once again - do you watch the games? Game Pass is free, while you're home do yourself a favor and *watch* the actual games.

I didn't say Sam performed better than all other QB's. I was able to objectively evaluate his performance while *watching* the games with one of the worst OL's and offensive talents surrounding him. You can get off on PFF and other nerd head stats if it makes you feel better.

Next year you'll be signing a different tune when Sam has an decent OL line and JD adds a WR1 in the 2nd round and talent in the remainder of the draft. The days of Macc sabotaging the roster are over.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Dude - once again - do you watch the games? Game Pass is free, while you're home do yourself a favor and *watch* the actual games.

I didn't say Sam performed better than all other QB's. I was able to objectively evaluate his performance while *watching* the games with one of the worst OL's and offensive talents surrounding him. You can get off on PFF and other nerd head stats if it makes you feel better.

Next year you'll be signing a different tune when Sam has an decent OL line and JD adds a WR1 in the 2nd round and talent in the remainder of the draft. The days of Macc sabotaging the roster are over.

Hurl all the "do you watch the games" insults you want, but when I do, I see a guy limited by what's around him, but I also see a guy who's not doing a damn thing to elevate those around him.  I see a guy who's got terrible deep ball accuracy when given time to throw, and who makes at least one mind-numbingly stupid decision per game.  I see nearly the exact same player he was in college, a guy who throws off his back foot unnecessarily, is careless with the football, and who makes a few wow plays that you wonder why he can't string together with consistency.  Ultimately, unlike you, watching the game doesn't lead me to believe that a QB who's performance ranks him as bottom five is actually top 10.  And yes, when you say that Sam is a top 10 QB, you are, in fact, saying that Sam performs better than at least 22 QBs, so, not all, but most.

Everyone agrees that the talent around Sam has been weak, but it's not even league worst as per any objective measures, and you're acting like it's historically bad.  Unfortunately, literally nothing you're saying is objective, because it's backed up by nothing but hopes, dreams, and birthday wishes.

I also have no doubt Sam will look better if the team gets better, but his actual objective performance (not your definition of objective), needs an improvement just to get to average.  So, what I expect to happen next year is Sam will be a little better, and jet nation dot com posters will explain that the measures to improve the offensive line weren't enough, that the WR core still needs improvement (including bemoaning the loss of Anderson), and that he's "only 22" which explains why he throws the ball off his back foot in at least one YOLO effort per game.  None of which will mean Darnold will never be a top 10 QB, but only that he currently, assuredly, is not.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Hurl all the "do you watch the games" insults you want, but when I do, I see a guy limited by what's around him, but I also see a guy who's not doing a damn thing to elevate those around him.  I see a guy who's got terrible deep ball accuracy when given time to throw, and who makes at least one mind-numbingly stupid decision per game.  I see nearly the exact same player he was in college, a guy who throws off his back foot unnecessarily, is careless with the football, and who makes a few wow plays that you wonder why he can't string together with consistency.  Ultimately, unlike you, watching the game doesn't lead me to believe that a QB who's performance ranks him as bottom five is actually top 10.  And yes, when you say that Sam is a top 10 QB, you are, in fact, saying that Sam performs better than at least 22 QBs, so, not all, but most.

Everyone agrees that the talent around Sam has been weak, but it's not even league worst as per any objective measures, and you're acting like it's historically bad.  Unfortunately, literally nothing you're saying is objective, because it's backed up by nothing but hopes, dreams, and birthday wishes.

I also have no doubt Sam will look better if the team gets better, but his actual objective performance (not your definition of objective), needs an improvement just to get to average.  So, what I expect to happen next year is Sam will be a little better, and jet nation dot com posters will explain that the measures to improve the offensive line weren't enough, that the WR core still needs improvement (including bemoaning the loss of Anderson), and that he's "only 22" which explains why he throws the ball off his back foot in at least one YOLO effort per game.  None of which will mean Darnold will never be a top 10 QB, but only that he currently, assuredly, is not.

Watch the games. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

You would think Sam Darnold so far was Akili Smith based on a lot of comments here

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2020 at 5:40 PM, T0mShane said:

Considering the Jets have leverage, I expect a similar deal to what Eddie Jackson got from Chicago. 5 year extension with $60 of new money. If we sign him this year that is.

Right now we have Jamal at

2020: $7

2021: $10 5th year option

2022: $11 franchise tag

2023: $12 franchise tag

Not too long ago, people on this forum thought Robby was going to get $15.

26 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Considering the Jets have leverage

With Jamal's legion of twitter followers, he won't succumb to the leverage the Jets have and sign for less.  And he won't shut up about it until he gets his money.

I hope Joe shuts him out.  But it would be a lot easier just to trade him and prevent that enormous distraction.  

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

With Jamal's legion of twitter followers, he won't succumb to the leverage the Jets have and sign for less.  And he won't shut up about it until he gets his money.

I hope Joe shuts him out.  But it would be a lot easier just to trade him and prevent that enormous distraction.  

We will see. Seems like people want to trade him under the assumption that he’s going to get some $17 million per year contract. I just don’t see that. Signing early gives him a lot more money now. If nothing happens and he hits free agency in two years, he only gets $17 million over the next two years. Why wouldn’t he want to sign early and get a big signing bonus now? It’s not short changing him since money now is worth more than money later. It’s taking care of your players early.