Dallas to offer “high pick” for Jamal Adams

21 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

If Adam's continues his production for the rest of his career he's right in the conversation with all those guys dude

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’ll say this. It would be interesting to see his production if we sign Clowney and Mosley.  I think he would be more impactful.  

with that said, a WR or Tackle at 17 would almost certainly be more beneficial to the team. 

• Sympathy 1

Agreed to disagree I guess....I just don't believe in trading a known quantity for a complete crapshoot first round pick.

Can you imagine an even MORE impactful Jamal Adams.. would be insane.

I’ll say this. It would be interesting to see his production if we sign Clowney and Mosley.  I think he would be more impactful.  

with that said, a WR or Tackle at 17 would almost certainly be more beneficial to the team. 

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Agreed to disagree I guess....I just don't believe in trading a known quantity for a complete crapshoot first round pick.

i can.. where exactly has the impact been aside from his personal stat line??

he's a WR level diva box safety who will clearly insist on nothing less than the sky & the moon come payday.. all while continuing to be a non stop look at me pain in the a**..

• Upvote 1

i can.. where exactly has the impact been aside from his personal stat line?? he's a WR level diva box safety who will clearly insist on nothing less than the sky & the moon come payday.. all while continuing to be a non stop look at me pain in the a**..

He changed more games last year and inspired better play from teammates more than any other player on the roster ... Including our franchise QB. 

He plays every down like it might be his last and demands the same from his teammates.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

OK gun to  your head...  If you were taking one player and I could have listed more, who you taking ?

Troy P, Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Ronnie Lott, or our (your) boy Adams ?

WTF does that have to do with the way HE plays?  

We're talking the player on the Jets, a 3rd year pro who's a 2 time pro bowl player and a all pro.  You want to compare him to 4 of the greatest to ever play, 4 HOF S's and if he isnt as good you'll high five yourself as if you made a point about "my boy"?  

I guess not being clueless to what he is, not being a moron who runs around whining "box S" without a thought makes him my boy? 

But thanks for proving what I said in the post you responded to.  The haters bring up the comparison even time. 

• Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I’m def. in the camp that he’s a good player.  Seems to be in the middle of a lot of things happening on the defense.  He’s not a Twitter account.  He’s currently the best player on the team...and yes, I would like to see what this defense looks like with all healthy assets and Clowney (we’re getting him, I’m convinced of it)

But yes, we will have to agree to disagree - the offense is in such SHAMBLES that we have to roll the dice on an unknown.  The defense will be fine without him, the offense needs so much.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Oo, I thought you were actually kidding. There are tons of articles talking about how Jamal said he wanted to play for Dallas and the cryptic social media flirting with Dallas.

Jamal is not going to come out and openly say he wants to play for Dallas because he has a brand to protect but there is certainly enough evidence to suggest he wants to.

There aren't tons of article where he said he wanted to play for Dallas.

After the trade talk a year ago he when asked about getting traded to Dallas said if he were traded to Dallas it would be ok given he grew up a fan.  Thats not the same as saying you want to go there.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, heymangold said:

i haven't been following this thread so closely, but in the last 2 pages i've seen nothing from a poster claiming jamal to be a "recruiter".  i know he's said he wants more "dogs" on the team - that's the closest i could think of.

the only article or "source" i've ever seen say this is Ryan Clark on ESPN.  are we just supposed to take his word for it cause hes on TV?

Ryan Clark said that because Adams grew up in Texas, rooted for the Cowboys that he would play there or whatever.  He never said that Adams told him he wants to go there.

Clark also said the Jets would be delusional to take trade offers for Jamal.  No one ever quotes that part of the story

No one has any quotes of Jamal saying he wants to be traded to Dallas, in any way.

Just trying to throw shade on him, just need reasoning to trade him away

Well said ... I can understand your point ...

But I want to keep.him.

I definitely cannot understand wanting to trade for draft picks since they are totally an uncertain quantity of production.

However if Dallas were to offer a stud lineman, a first-round pick and next year's first round pick of course I would have to take that deal.

I’m def. in the camp that he’s a good player.  Seems to be in the middle of a lot of things happening on the defense.  He’s not a Twitter account.  He’s currently the best player on the team...and yes, I would like to see what this defense looks like with all healthy assets and Clowney (we’re getting him, I’m convinced of it) But yes, we will have to agree to disagree - the offense is in such SHAMBLES that we have to roll the dice on an unknown.  The defense will be fine without him, the offense needs so much. 

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There aren't tons of article where he said he wanted to play for Dallas.

After the trade talk a year ago he when asked about getting traded to Dallas said if he were traded to Dallas it would be ok given he grew up a fan.  Thats not the same as saying you want to go there.  

He told Ryan Clark that Dallas was one of the teams he'd love to go to. None of the other teams were ever brought up but Jamal said they spoke of multiple teams. Jamal never said "it would be okay" he literally used the word "love to go to"

I know he's from that area and that certainly needs to be taken into account but he has been flirting with the idea of Dallas for well over a year.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Ryan Clark said that because Adams grew up in Texas, rooted for the Cowboys that he would play there or whatever.  He never said that Adams told him he wants to go there.

Clark also said the Jets would be delusional to take trade offers for Jamal.  No one ever quotes that part of the story

No one has any quotes of Jamal saying he wants to be traded to Dallas, in any way.

Just trying to throw shade on him, just need reasoning to trade him away

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I’m def. in the camp that he’s a good player.  Seems to be in the middle of a lot of things happening on the defense.  He’s not a Twitter account.  He’s currently the best player on the team...and yes, I would like to see what this defense looks like with all healthy assets and Clowney (we’re getting him, I’m convinced of it)

But yes, we will have to agree to disagree - the offense is in such SHAMBLES that we have to roll the dice on an unknown.  The defense will be fine without him, the offense needs so much.

I think the Jets vs Ravens game without Jamal was a good representation of the Jets. Arguably our best performance of the season, Jamal definitely could have helped, but offense is what would have won that game.

I don't mind falling from top 10 defense to top 15 defense of that means going up to a top 15 offense.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Why are we still talking about trading adams

a) Douglas came as close as he could to publicly dismissing the idea

b) it would wildly stupid to trade away your pro bowl product you drafted for some lottery picks that may or may not pan out. 

a) Because you lose value if you admit to wanting to trade him, see Gettlemen's comments about not trading Odell.

b) The speculation is that Jamal doesn't want to be in NY. I'd rather get value from him now to build toward the future. Back up option is to let this ride out for 3 years.

Interesting note, if the season is cancelled because of this virus Jamal would lose another year off his prime since we'd own his rights until 28 as opposed to 27.

40 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

He changed more games last year and inspired better play from teammates more than any other player on the roster ... Including our franchise QB. 

He plays every down like it might be his last and demands the same from his teammates.

This play was my favorite play from Adams last year as this play won the game for us...

And speaking of playing every down like it's his last (because he does) this play below is my All-Time favorite play from #33 thus far (his motor is 2nd to none).

Kid is an absolute freak of nature. 

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

This play was my favorite play from Adams last year as this play won the game for us...

And speaking of playing every down like it's his last (because he does) this play below is my All-Time favorite play from #33 thus far (his motor is 2nd to none).

Kid is an absolute freak of nature. 

The 2 point conversion is one of the biggest "Jamal won the game" arguments out there. While I agree he 100% prevented that play from happening, I find it funny no one talks about the penalty Jamal had on 1st and 27 to get the Cowboys into scoring position.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think the Jets vs Ravens game without Jamal was a good representation of the Jets. Arguably our best performance of the season, Jamal definitely could have helped, but offense is what would have won that game.

I don't mind falling from top 10 defense to top 15 defense of that means going up to a top 15 offense.

Yup.  We have a very good DC too - he’ll keep them competitive.

I think our OC/HC needs a lot to be successful.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Are you freaking kidding me? Don't you dare try and lie and act as if our defense put up one of their best performances ("once without Jamal Adams") because that's complete horse crap. 

Arguably our best performance of the season?!??!?

Are you kidding me?!??!?

Without #33 Jamal Adams our Defene...

Allowed a season high of 42 freaking points while allowing Lamar Jackson an opportunity to carve us up alive while going 15/23 (65.2%), 212 passing yards, 5 TD's/0 INT's and a beautiful QB Rating of 96.7; to go along with yet another 86 rushing yards on the ground off of 8 carries (10.8 yards per pop) while our defense could only record 1 sack and 1 tackle for loss (without Jamal Adams). 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

He told Ryan Clark that Dallas was one of the teams he'd love to go to. None of the other teams were ever brought up but Jamal said they spoke of multiple teams. Jamal never said "it would be okay" he literally used the word "love to go to"

I know he's from that area and that certainly needs to be taken into account but he has been flirting with the idea of Dallas for well over a year.

One incidence isnt tons of different articles, times hes said anything.  Every article in off of one Schefter report.  Ryan Clark has never been directly quoted, Schefter said that Clark said Adams would be ok or happy to be traded to Dallas.

Then when asked about being it he said he that the Cowboys would be one of the teams he would love to be traded to.  Not like he was asking or demanding to be traded there or anywhere else.  This is being twisted into a malcontent angle that doesn't exist.  This was brought to him after reports came out that Dallas inquired about a trade.  Hes made it clear his love of the Jets and that he doesn't want to be traded.  Of course there's a if traded where would you want to go to component for any player 

31 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The 2 point conversion is one of the biggest "Jamal won the game" arguments out there. While I agree he 100% prevented that play from happening, I find it funny no one talks about the penalty Jamal had on 1st and 27 to get the Cowboys into scoring position.

Because the penalty was a horrid call.  Should never have been flagged. 

• Post of the Week 1

37 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The Daniel Jones raping was my favorite play.

Yessss he's made so many great plays already (hard to keep track) to the point where I had completely forgotten about that play where Adams absolutely mugged (and embarrassed) Daniel Jones. 

Another one of my favorites were the hit on Gronk (his acceleration and closing speed are both second to none).

2 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Are you freaking kidding me? Don't you dare try and lie and act as if our defense put up one of their best performances ("once without Jamal Adams") because that's complete horse crap. 

Are you kidding me?!??!?

Allowed a season high of 42 freaking points while allowing Lamar Jackson an opportunity to carve us up alive while going 15/23 (65.2%), 212 passing yards, 5 TD's/0 INT's and a beautiful QB Rating of 96.7; to go along with yet another 86 rushing yards on the ground off of 8 carries (10.8 yards per pop) while our defense could only record 1 sack and 1 tackle for loss (without Jamal Adams). 

We were playing the best team in the nfl with the league’s hottest qb at the time

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Wow.  Look at this thread.  It has become a round-robin Jamal Adams fellatio fest.  I guess your knee-pad order refill from Amazon arrived on time.

These guys can’t wait to give a glorified Jim Leonhard $90 million

• Thumb Down 3

13 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

These guys can’t wait to give a glorified Jim Leonhard $90 million

Speaking of Jim Leonard, the Jets under Rex Ryan would have won a Super Bowl if Jamal Adams replaced Jim Leonard @ SS.

Darrelle Revis and Jamal Adams on the same field together & @ the same time back in 2010 and 2009? Forget about it.

And if we had Jamal Adams as an emotional, energetic and vocal leader back in 2010 heading into our AFC Championship Game? #33 wouldn't have ever allowed that 2010 Defense to come out THAT FLAT @ Pittsburgh hell no he wouldn't have - he would've yelled, screamed, added much needed energy and would've danced all the way to the Super Bowl while firing up the likes of Harris and Revis @ the sane time. 

"Jim Leonard". 

• Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Speaking of Jim Leonard, the Jets under Rex Ryan would have won a Super Bowl if Jamal Adams replaced Jim Leonard @ SS.

Darrelle Revis and Jamal Adams on the same field together & @ the same time back in 2010 and 2009? Forget about it.

And if we had Jamal Adams as an emotional, energetic and vocal leader back in 2010 heading into our AFC Championship Game? #33 wouldn't have ever allowed that 2010 Defense to come out THAT FLAT @ Pittsburgh hell no he wouldn't have - he would've yelled, screamed, added much needed energy and would've danced all the way to the Super Bowl while firing up the likes of Harris and Revis @ the sane time. 

"Jim Leonard". 

Dude just give it a rest. You are not changing anyone's opinion and it has become just trolling at this point. We all know EXACTLY how you feel.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

"Jim Leonard". 

I see you keep mentioning Revis and Adams in the sams breathe like they were similar players, so i'll be as clear as possible. ADAMS CAN'T HOLD REVIS' JOCKSTRAP ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD.

Arguably the best Jet ever in terms of talent, had probably the best season for a CB ever (2009). I like Adams more than most here, definitely not as much as you since you literally wash his balls every chance you get, but comparing him to Revis is laughable. Absolutely laughable.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

"Jim Leonard". 

Jets need to trade Adams for picks

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Are you kidding me?!??!?

The Jets had no business being in that game, we were a stones throw from being 5-11 with a top 5 pick. So yes, without our 2 best players on the field, I was impressed with holding the #1 offense to 15 completions and 215 yards. The defense was constantly put in terrible situations, offense had 2 turnovers so that didn't help either. I was at the Raider game, it was a blast, I just think the performance against the Ravens was more impressive because of who we were going up against.

April 5th, 2020 at 11:45am CST by Rory Parks 

We heard at the end of January that the Jets and star safety Jamal Adams were beginning contract talks, but as Rich Cimini of ESPN.comwrites, those talks have been tabled for the time being. If Adams does get a new deal from Gang Green, it will not happen until after the draft, and perhaps not until closer to the start of the regular season.

USATSI_10043175-233x300.jpg

In the meantime, a trade is still a possibility. The Jets made Adams available in advance of the trade deadline in October, and while their asking price was too rich for a rival club to pull the trigger, we heard that a trade could still come togetherbefore the 2020 season gets underway. The Cowboys were negotiating with the Jets in the fall — they reportedly offered a first-round pick and backup corner Anthony Brown — and Cimini says there are rumors that Dallas is planning to make another run at Adams before this month’s draft (though the club did add Ha Ha Clinton-Dix in free agency).

However, it does not sound as if the Jets’ have reduced their demands. They were asking for a first-rounder and two second-rounders at the deadline, and Cimini reports that it would still take an “extraordinary offer” to convince New York to deal Adams. After all, the LSU product has already established himself as an elite safety, and he won’t turn 25 until October.

The Dallas native previously indicated he would love to join the Cowboys, so if Jerry Jones‘ outfit does swing a trade, Adams would surely be receptive to a long-term pact. But whoever gives him his next contract will need to be prepared to make him the highest-paid safety in the game. Adams stands to land a deal paying him at least $15MM per season with upwards of $45MM in guaranteed money.

1 hour ago, MindOverMatter said:

I see you keep mentioning Revis and Adams in the sams breathe like they were similar players, so i'll be as clear as possible. ADAMS CAN'T HOLD REVIS' JOCKSTRAP ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD.

Arguably the best Jet ever in terms of talent, had probably the best season for a CB ever (2009). I like Adams more than most here, definitely not as much as you since you literally wash his balls every chance you get, but comparing him to Revis is laughable. Absolutely laughable.

Dude. Stop it already.

Don't try preaching the greatness of Darrelle Revis to me when I've been around these necks of the woods before Revis & 2009 ever happened (same user name and all) and had created multiple #24 threads back then ala 2009/2010 so you aren't telling me something that I don't already know...

Especially with regards to my dude Revis who as a passionate Defensive fan I stuck up for throughout his holdouts all while these same little Jamal Adams sharks in the waters types of critics wanted Revis to rot in hell for wanting to be paid according).

Funny. Jet fans HATE to see our players get paid and even turned on Revis for it. To prove a point should I go and bump up those Revis holdout threads? And would you be in there sticking up for #24 as I once did? lol. 

And I'm not the one who compared a career JAG in Jimmy Leonhard to Jamal Adams, now am I? But it's hilarious you'll jump down my throat for mentioning the thought alone of Darrelle Review and Jamal Adams playing as teammates together while you completely ignored the genius who compared Jimmy to Adams?

Hypocritical type of hypocrite you truy are... Obviously agenda driven too. 

I simply heard Jimmy's name and reminded me that we would've easily won a SB if Jamal Adams had a chance to roam our entire defense while also playing alongside of Darrelle Revis (my favorite Jet outside of Curtis Martin fyi). 

• Revis. Just like Adams. Did not make a Pro Bowl during his rookie year. 

• Revis. Just like Adams. Was a 2x Pro Bowler & 1x First-team All-Pro heading into his 4th year. 

And please just hush it already as you're acting and pretending as if you've ever seen "the best of Jamal Adams" and/or acting and pretending that you've already seen Jamal Adams "maximum and prime potential" because face it, you haven't. 

A.) You've never once ever seen Jamal Adams play alongside of an All-Pro (or even Pro-Bowl) Cornerback on the outside before

and...

B.) You've never once seen Jamal Adams featured within a defense with an outside pass rushing X-Factor of a threat;

C.) You've never even witnessed his greatness alongside of a C.J Mosley.

So it's you. You're the absolutely clueless one who has no idea whatsoever on how special Jamal Adams would look once surrounded by the likes of some decent CBs and a pass rusher on the outside (lol @ you dude for being such a football know it all). 

And it's ok for you guys to talk about Sam Darnold not having an O-Line or any WR's? But it's criminal to bring up the fact Jamal Adams had been playing within a defense without any CB's (thnx Trumaine?) and for 3 years playing alongside of no outside pass rushers because it's dated back to 2000-2005 John Abraham?  

Funny how thar works... Just a bunch of hypocritical types of hypocrites (from what I've been seeing at least).