Blade Mafia - Blood of the Forefathers

Pac

13 minutes ago, A.J. said:

It can be negative in utility, yes. Let me frame it differently for you... what is - in most cases - Town's only weapon against scum?

I'm starting to lean this way too.

Are you quiet scum?

Where were you going with this, Pirate?

This is packaged up nice and neat. Is there anyone else that's on your radar yet?

Agree its a negative utility and IIRC Pac has used it in previous games. 

The GATA train and her continued commentary seems contrived.  Not understanding her angle.

No.

80's fluidity on the Gata train was kind of weirdy too.  He was giving the bot the same cross eyed looked I was giving it but he unvoted because of a weak reason, something like Lizzy was voting her, rather than actually questioning his real read.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, A.J. said:

unvote

Vote Leelou

not feeling the GATA wagon as much and this looks like a good place for scum swooping in when it was picking up steam. Gonna roll with Barry on this one

Whoa... what were the coincidences that the only player Gata gave a slight out to would not feel her wagon as much 

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

Good thing the Ape's not playing, he'd drive a lynch on me for that and lead the town to destruction. 

Ape, the eunuch from Munich. No wait, the bungle from the jungle? I am not good with nicknames but it should be as bad as his town play. 

10 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

The GATA train and her continued commentary seems contrived.  Not understanding her angle.

What seems contrived?

7 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Why Leelou?  Can you even recall Barry's case?

My reason is in the post you just quoted. Barry's case is that Leelou was defending Nyn for no reason.

5 minutes ago, A.J. said:

What seems contrived?

My reason is in the post you just quoted. Barry's case is that Leelou was defending Nyn for no reason.

IDK.  She is almost asking to get lynched.  I don't see the emo from people who usually want to get lynched.  Don't know how else to explain it.

I vaguely recall Barry suggesting Leelou was defending Nyn but were there even votes? 

I busted Nyn for skimming (which she was) but I don't recall anyone voting her because of it.  Guess its a little strange for Leelou to comment on.  meh

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Case being used mildly, I assumed he voted you because of the timing of your vote ie; opportunistic bandwagoning.  He mentioned something to that regard in a later post about Gata's train.

Nah, he’s voting me because I said something about Nyn catching up.

3 hours ago, Leelou said:

This thread is not making my post-migraine fog any better lol. 

After catching up and seeing there is something odd going on with the votes and Gata’s odd question about the mod silencing a player and not really having a sufficient answer to JiF, I feel comfortable moving to Gata. Also not sure if it is my phone being weird, or still just my head but I swear I saw her self vote like three times. 

I could also vote for Nolder on principle for calling small dogs ratdogs. 

All those people calling out Nyn for not seeing Verbal’s post, to me it looked like she was catching up and replying to posts. 

unvote, vote Gata 

^my first post since my last post sometime on Sunday. 

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Unprompted defense of nyn is ... Odd

Barry’s “case”

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

unvote

vote lee

3 hours ago, Leelou said:

Just calling out something that struck me as odd.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Nyn can and has spoken for herself. Why do you and Lee feel the need to defend her?

2 hours ago, AVM said:

...the same reason I've chimed in on GATA?

Because making reads and being countered with different logic is...literally how we play this game? lol

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It just seemed weird to me. Nyn is perfectly capable. There are a few players I may have a read on and Lee was in the list. I want to keep that to myself for now and see how it plays.

Giving that list with reasons would be counter productive at this point IMO.

2 hours ago, Leelou said:

I was just calling out what I saw. It stuck out to me that a few people were calling her out for missing Verb’s post. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

IDK.  She is almost asking to get lynched.  I don't see the emo from people who usually want to get lynched.  Don't know how else to explain it.

I vaguely recall Barry suggesting Leelou was defending Nyn but were there even votes? 

I busted Nyn for skimming (which she was) but I don't recall anyone voting her because of it.  Guess its a little strange for Leelou to comment on.  meh

I don’t like your explanation with Gata. Or I still don’t understand it. 

she’s def more or less asking for it halfly not. Which is weird. How’s it contrived. Talk sucka

On 4/11/2020 at 4:05 PM, Pac said:

Official Vote Count:

Hess (1) - Hess

80 (1) - 80

AVM (1) - AVM

JiF (1) - Nolder

Nolder (1) - Gata

Verbal (1) - Leelou

JC  (1) - Nyn

Lizzie (1) - Barry

With 21 reapers alive, it takes 12 to lynch

This was Pac's last VC before Verbal was "voting"

On 4/11/2020 at 6:39 PM, Pac said:

Official Vote Count:

Hess (1) - Hess

80 (1) - 80

AVM (1) - AVM

JiF (1) - Nolder

Nolder (2) - Gata, Drums

Verbal (4) - Leelou, 80, Nyn, Verbal

LK (1) - Barry

Barry (1) - DPR

Beaver (1) - Stark

Suddenly he is voting for himself

15 hours ago, Pac said:

Official Vote Count:

Hess (2) - Hess, Beaver

80 (1) - 80

AVM (1) - AVM

Nolder (2) - Drums, Boozer

Verbal (5) - Leelou, 80, Nyn, Verbal, Gata

Barry (1) - DPR

Beaver (1) - Stark

JC (1) - Barry

Gata (2) - Lizzie, AJ

AJ (1) - Nolder

14 hours ago, Pac said:

Official Vote Count:

Hess (2) - Hess, Beaver

80 (1) - 80

AVM (1) - AVM

Nolder (2) - Drums, Boozer

Verbal (4) - Leelou, 80, Nyn, Gata

Barry (1) - DPR

Beaver (1) - Stark

JC (1) - Barry

Gata (3) - Lizzie, AJ, Verbal

AJ (1) - Nolder

I feel the fake vote thing is a bit over my head but I am trying to grasp it. The last two VCs above caught my attention. Only an hour went by and the only vote to change was Verbals. I don't like how Verb went from the highest train (his) to Gata which wasn't the highest at the time but definitely became the highest quickly after. I need to go back and just read that hour and see if anything's there. Not sure what to make of it but my gut tells me I should unvote for now.

Unvote 

12 hours ago, A.J. said:

It’ll come to light later and I think generally powers like that lean pro-Town so I’m not super concerned. More curious about GATA’s wording/thought and why muted was what came to mind there.

What powers? Controlling votes?

9 minutes ago, JiF said:

Case being used mildly, I assumed he voted you because of the timing of your vote ie; opportunistic bandwagoning.  He mentioned something to that regard in a later post about Gata's train.

Not going on much. I voted Lee because I thought it was odd that she felt the need to defend nyn unprompted. There was weird timing w/her post too where she defended nyn saying it looked like she was catching up and just before she posted nyn posted the same thing. I also had Lee on a list of people that pinged to me for another reason but I am not sharing that at the moment because I think it could bear fruit watching how it plays out for now without pointing it out. What she and nyn said seems to be true fwiw.

So really the unprompted defense of someone else was just enough to tip me into a vote. The gata train just doesn't feel right to me and that's about the only thing going on for now. D1 is really hard to get much.

That's all I got.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I don’t like your explanation with Gata. Or I still don’t understand it. 

she’s def more or less asking for it halfly not. Which is weird. How’s it contrived. Talk sucka

The game thread with several jokey self votes so this doesn't explain those but usually when I see people self vote they are emotional.  They resent the attention or they've just resigned in frustration over outing themselves.  Take the attacks as personal.  Whatever the reason.  Her play seems more deliberate, she wants this attention and it just makes me wonder what in it for her?   

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

What powers? Controlling votes?

Yes. I get the immediate reaction that is seems anti-Town, and it certainly can be, but at least there’s a chance for scum to have their vote stolen/controlled. If it’s a scum role, it’s always going to be a townie who gets their vote abused - which is Town’s only way of killing scum at the end of the day. It’s OP for a scum role imo.

• Upvote 2